The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by THEflyingFish
I'd say quite a few more to go simply because there's still a couple of weeks till deadline

The end of March isn't a deadline they tend to stick too. Some people end up hearing in March and a further handful end up hearing in early May. Since a mass rejection hasn't gone out yet, id say they haven't made a cut-off score yet so anyone who's naturally ascending to the top quartile of interview scores (as offers are being given away) are just getting offers for now. So I'd say the *majority* of offers haven't gone out so far.

Congrats!!
Original post by lumosbludger183
OFFER!!! Just checked portal around 6:15 pm and the offer was there :smile: No email yet, but I presume it comes around 7:30 pm.

For those who'd like to know stats: International applicant and just finished up my undergrad degree with a 2.1. 753 Avg UKCAT and I had my interview on January 25th.

Good luck to all those still waiting to hear back!!!

Did you apply to the undergrad course?
Original post by studentsixth
The end of March isn't a deadline they tend to stick too. Some people end up hearing in March and a further handful end up hearing in early May. Since a mass rejection hasn't gone out yet, id say they haven't made a cut-off score yet so anyone who's naturally ascending to the top quartile of interview scores (as offers are being given away) are just getting offers for now. So I'd say the *majority* of offers haven't gone out so far.

Congrats!!

Cheers and thanks for clearing that up my answer definitely wasn't convincing or well informed...:smile:
Original post by neilthomas
For those of you with offers, have they shown up on track yet? Mine is showing up on the portal but still not on track.

Got mine yesterday, showed up this morning on track.
Original post by THEflyingFish
Sure Gcse's : 10A* A level predictions: D2 A* a
Offer is AAD3 in chem

That's so good :smile:
Hi so my GCSEs are
2 A* 4A's 5B's do you think I have a chance?
Original post by fellyboogle
Did you apply to the undergrad course?

Hi, yes for A100
Got an offer at last :smile:
Hey guys, so I've been given a weeks notice for my interview and I'm quite pleased. However, due to receiving 3 rejections initially, I gave up hope and stopped my interview preparation in January. Now I've started from where I've left off and it feels very overwhelming because I work full time and only have evening and the weekends to prepare. Plus there's a lot to prepare for. I do have basic knowledge of what to expect but my main concern is having to elaborate my points in the 7 minutes without sounding like I'm waffling and giving a bad structure. Any advice? I'm not sure one week is enough to give my best performance but I'm trying to at least cover the basics. Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
To those who haven't been invited to an interview yet - I only received an invitation last week Wednesday, which I have just declined. I got an offer from both my firm and insurance choices so it'll be a waste of their and also my time to show up since I've made my decision now. It's not too late and I really hope despite the inconvenience, they'll make sure to give my interview slot to someone who hasn't heard yet. Good luck!!!
Original post by neurosurgeon
To those who haven't been invited to an interview yet - I only received an invitation last week Wednesday, which I have just declined. I got an offer from both my firm and insurance choices so it'll be a waste of their and also my time to show up since I've made my decision now. It's not too late and I really hope despite the inconvenience, they'll make sure to give my interview slot to someone who hasn't heard yet. Good luck!!!

When was your interview for?
Original post by hanacigoj
When was your interview for?

22 March
22 March

Thanks! :smile:
22 March

Jesus ****ing christ. They're interviewing on the 22nd of March??? I'm so close to giving up on Kings, I'm so happy I've got an offer elsewhere...
Has anyone got offer/been rejected after interview after 7th March?
Thanks
Original post by Lostperson
My friend has One on the 28th March.

Wow that's crazy no idea what's going on in their admissions department but it's so cruel to keep us waiting so long!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I literally need this offer right now :frown: it is my last hope... my interview in January went so terribly though :frown: (It was January 10th)
Reply 2677
Original post by mannysidmann
I literally need this offer right now :frown: it is my last hope... my interview in January went so terribly though :frown: (It was January 10th)

Same...getting so nervous now :frown:
Reply 2678
this wait is almost like saying people who sat an exam on the same day as you can find out their result way way before you. it is unfair, but they did say by 31st March, so I can't complain really
Original post by ArtScience
Has anyone got offer/been rejected after interview after 7th March?
Thanks

No, I still haven't heard back from them.. Fingers crossed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending