The Student Room Group

Stirling Uni - Social work second stage task??

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="Don3022;70569960"]
Original post by shannonmcc13
I sent them an additional personal statement, another reference and a 500 word essay and also attended a interview where I also had to do a written test, which went so bad!!![/QUOTE

I done all that minus the interview do u mind If I ask Wat age u are cheeky I no lol

I am 21!
Reply 161
Original post by Don3022
I sent them an additional personal statement, another reference and a 500 word essay and also attended a interview where I also had to do a written test, which went so bad!!!

I done all that minus the interview do u mind If I ask Wat age u are cheeky I no lol

I'm the same, I done all that for Strathclyde but never got an interview! They said if you have move than 6 months relevant experience then they go on documents alone
Original post by Steph1x
I'm the same, I done all that for Strathclyde but never got an interview! They said if you have move than 6 months relevant experience then they go on documents alone

Yeah it's really annoying for me cos I have bang on 6 months experience lol, but it's all good quality experience! I work in residential childcare, an outreach programme for kids with disabilities and a service for young offenders and also im gonna do playscheme during the summer! That's why I'm so annoyed I never got into Cali cos I know there will be school leavers who don't have a bit of experience!
Yeah it's really annoying for me cos I have bang on 6 months experience lol, but it's all good quality experience! I work in residential childcare, an outreach programme for kids with disabilities and a service for young offenders and also im gonna do playscheme during the summer! That's why I'm so annoyed I never got into Cali cos I know there will be school leavers who don't have a bit of experience!

When I said up there I think those who never got an interview will be unsuccessful I never meant for Strathclyde I meant Cali lol, just to clear that up
Just to let yous know Cali offered me a learning disability nursing course! It doesn't suit me as I could not be a nurse I'm too scared of blood lol, but I might suit other people who get an unsuccessful from there
Reply 165

Yeah that's true, I don't understand that either! Least they offered you another course even though it's not what you would want to do, that's reassuring
Original post by Steph1x
Yeah that's true, I don't understand that either! Least they offered you another course even though it's not what you would want to do, that's reassuring

I'm still holding out for uws and Strathclyde to hopefully get an offer! The girls at work did tell me Social Work is really hard to get into, there was a girl who worked with us in residential childcare and has a degree in childhood practise who still never got In😣 Doesn't fill me with much hope!
Reply 167
I'm still holding out for uws and Strathclyde to hopefully get an offer! The girls at work did tell me Social Work is really hard to get into, there was a girl who worked with us in residential childcare and has a degree in childhood practise who still never got In😣 Doesn't fill me with much hope!

Yeah iv heard that too! That doesn't give me hope either, I got an offer for Uws but that's my last choice but it may need to be my first if I don't get in anywhere else
Original post by Steph1x
Yeah iv heard that too! That doesn't give me hope either, I got an offer for Uws but that's my last choice but it may need to be my first if I don't get in anywhere else

Yeah uws is my last choice aswell but if I do well at my interview and get an offer il just have to accept it
Reply 169

I am 30 have 3 kid 16,14 and 5 an nq a hnc svq3 3 years in a secure facility for the protection and education of young offenders and youngster refers from children's hearing I got a knock bk from Paisley because I don't have the correct maths grade haven't heard bk from my other 3 choices and my partner is saying I'm becoming harder to live with each Day I dont hear lol rant over
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Don3022
I am 30 have 3 kid 16,14 and 5 an nq a hnc svq3 3 years in a secure facility for the protection and education of young offenders and youngster refers from children's hearing I got a knock bk from Paisley because I don't have the correct maths grade haven't heard bk from my other 3 choices and my partner is saying I'm becoming harder to live with each Day I dont hear lol rant over

Yeah you have to have a national 5/int 2 maths at a C to get into a social work course, that's why I'm back at my old secondary school doing my maths, as Strathclyde told me you need it to get into any social work course!It's really annoying cos we do have the right experience and there's gonna be people leaving from school with none who get a place! I don't have 3 years but I don't think the length of time matters because I do lots of different things all within the one week and I know for a fact the majority won't have that! ... rant over 😂
Reply 171
I heard back from Stirling this morning, didn't get a place on the social work degree but they offered me an unconditional for sociology and social policy! Not the news I wanted to hear but they did say I can get a career in social work with this degree so not all bad
Original post by Steph1x
I heard back from Stirling this morning, didn't get a place on the social work degree but they offered me an unconditional for sociology and social policy! Not the news I wanted to hear but they did say I can get a career in social work with this degree so not all bad

Oh no I'm sorry to hear that:frown: I know how it feels to get an unsuccessful when you have the academic qualifications and more importantly the experience! Do you have offers from anywhere else?
Reply 173
Oh no I'm sorry to hear that:frown: I know how it feels to get an unsuccessful when you have the academic qualifications and more importantly the experience! Do you have offers from anywhere else?

I know but there is so many people that apply so getting a place is hard and I knew that was going to be the case when I applied but just thankful they have offered me a place on something else. I have an offer from UWS but that's my last choice. Still to hear from Strathclyde and Cali so fingers crossed for an offer from one of them but I don't see it now
I got an unsuccessful from Cali today! I am so annoyed as a lot of the applicants are school leavers with no experience:frown: and I work with social workers and service users on a regular basis! Has anyone else heard?

That's terrible 🙁 Cali told us at the interview that they weren't making an decisions until after the 22nd of March that's strange!
Original post by Steph1x
I know but there is so many people that apply so getting a place is hard and I knew that was going to be the case when I applied but just thankful they have offered me a place on something else. I have an offer from UWS but that's my last choice. Still to hear from Strathclyde and Cali so fingers crossed for an offer from one of them but I don't see it now

Yeah that's how I feel! I feel like because I've been rejected from one il be rejected from them all:frown: will you go to uws or do that course at Stirling?
Reply 176
Hi everyone, I've applied for UWS, Cali, Strathclyde and Edinburgh. Had group interview for UWS on Feb 28th and still nothing back. Called today and they said it had been sent to admissions on 16th and it's waiting to be sent to me! Had interview for Cali but they said wouldn't hear until after March 22nd. Nothing at all from Strathclyde or Edinburgh, literally not a peep so think that's probably a no from those two. The wait is torture, can't seem to think or focus on anything else right now! Congrats to everybody with offers and hopefully the wait won't be too much longer for the rest of us. X
Reply 177
Yeah that's how I feel! I feel like because I've been rejected from one il be rejected from them all:frown: will you go to uws or do that course at Stirling?

I'm not sure, will need to look in to that course more and see how it is! Uws is a lot of travelling for me so I will need to really think about this, I have a 9 month old so the travelling could be a problem trying to get someone to look after him
Original post by Steph1x
I'm not sure, will need to look in to that course more and see how it is! Uws is a lot of travelling for me so I will need to really think about this, I have a 9 month old so the travelling could be a problem trying to get someone to look after him

Oh god yeah I don't have that issue lol I live within a half an hour train distance to Glasgow! I have my interview for uws on Wednesday so if I get in there and it's my only offer i will be going there!
Reply 179
Oh god yeah I don't have that issue lol I live within a half an hour train distance to Glasgow! I have my interview for uws on Wednesday so if I get in there and it's my only offer i will be going there!

Well folks another day waiting lol

Quick Reply

Latest