OCR History
AQA Biology
AQA Physics
AQA Chemistry
OCR Philosophy and Ethics
EDEXCEL Spanish
EDEXCEL ICT
Original post by nish2910
Honestly just memorise 6 markers that's what I do and usually get 6. 3 points for and against, unless it's a question like nuclear war is wrong - you may have more points for agree than disagree. Same types of questions will come up, so just keep memorising. I'm writing notes for Ethics hoping to start revising in Easter. Sorry I can't give more advice! My mocks for ethics had quotes from Anglican Church and priests and stuff, which also gets marks apart from biblical quotes so maybe try that if it's easier to remember as those quotes are like convo quotes. Good luck! Xx

Wow, that's really great advice. Thank you Nish! Hope your GCSEs go really well for you and you get the grades you want.
Original post by iamthestudent
Wow, that's really great advice. Thank you Nish! Hope your GCSEs go really well for you and you get the grades you want.

Thank you, you too! Can't wait for this stress to be over but at the same time don't want it to come 😁
does anyone have predictions for GCSE BIOLOGY CHEMISTRY PHYSICS GCSE OCr
CHEERs
Hello! What I am currently doing are:
IGCSE English as a First Language (Cambridge)
IGCSE English Literature (Cambridge)
IGCSE Mathematics A (Edexcel)
GCSE Biology (Edexcel)
GCSE Chemistry (Edexcel)
GCSE Physics (Edexcel)
GCSE Art and Design (Edexcel)
GCSE Media Studies (AQA)
IGCSE Enterprise (Cambridge)
IGCSE Arabic as a First Language (Cambridge)

For biology, I noticed that there were no six markers on B3 T2, most of the topics were on topic 3. Thus, I predict that the six markers this time might either be rhythms (mostly photoperiodicity), courting or learned behaviour.
Original post by bettyboop1999
does anyone have predictions for GCSE BIOLOGY CHEMISTRY PHYSICS GCSE OCr
CHEERs

no clue as this is the last year for the spec. are you doing higher tier?
Reply 26
Anyone doing aqa inspector calls? What do you think the question will be this year? I'm thinking it'll be the inspector
The subjects which im taking are:
BTEC BUSINESS
GCSE ENGLISH- LANG/LIT
MATHS
ADDITIONAL/ CORE SCIENCE
HISTORY
ICT
hello
i'm doing all IGCSES higher tier in:
triple science:
biology (AQA)
chemistry (AQA)
physics (AQA)
Maths (edexcel)
English li and lang( CIE )
Geography (OCR)
History (edexcel) and doing China, International relations before after WW1, Superpower relations and America in the 1920s
Rs (AQA) with christian ethics and Islam
French (Edexcel)

Anyone please ket me know if you have any predictions for any of these! Is it true that they may recycle hard questions for maths, because if so i'll be screwed! IM still on the last year of the grade system!
Original post by The Fennec Fox
Hello! What I am currently doing are:
IGCSE English as a First Language (Cambridge)
IGCSE English Literature (Cambridge)
IGCSE Mathematics A (Edexcel)
GCSE Biology (Edexcel)
GCSE Chemistry (Edexcel)
GCSE Physics (Edexcel)
GCSE Art and Design (Edexcel)
GCSE Media Studies (AQA)
IGCSE Enterprise (Cambridge)
IGCSE Arabic as a First Language (Cambridge)

For biology, I noticed that there were no six markers on B3 T2, most of the topics were on topic 3. Thus, I predict that the six markers this time might either be rhythms (mostly photoperiodicity), courting or learned behaviour.

hey im doing the same as you for English and maths! which novel, play and poems are you doing? also any ideas for the maths exam!?
Original post by ellabarrowx
hey im doing the same as you for English and maths! which novel, play and poems are you doing? also any ideas for the maths exam!?

inspector calls and poetry- paper 1
macbeth and jekyll and hyde- paper 2

both off these are definitely hard papers
Original post by ellabarrowx

I remember we are doing the 15 poems from 'Songs of Ourselves Volume 1, Part 5'. You can find the poems in the spec.

For prose, I am doing Spies, whilst i'm doing An Inspector Calls for drama.

Honestly, I do not have any gut feeling about the math exam, i'm just like, "I will revise and pray for mercy on the test."
Is anyone doing OCR maths instead of Edexcel and AQA? It doesn't seem as though anyone is doing this exam board other than my school.
Original post by Unicorn!
Is anyone doing OCR maths instead of Edexcel and AQA? It doesn't seem as though anyone is doing this exam board other than my school.

lol yh, i think ur school are the only ones, mine is doing edexcel/pearson, i think
Original post by AKA2234
lol yh, i think ur school are the only ones, mine is doing edexcel/pearson, i think

So does this mak it harder for me to achieve a grade 7 or does it make it easier?
So does this mak it harder for me to achieve a grade 7 or does it make it easier?

it doesnt really matter wat exam board u are doing, its the way u get taught
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AKA2234
it doesnt really matter wat exam board u are doing, its the way u get taught

Problem is that the teaching ive recieved hasnt been that great. And I just really want to get an understanding of my chances at achieving a grade 7 as on the old spec I was predicted an A but now I have no idea whether im the equivalent of a grade C or a grade A.
Problem is that the teaching ive recieved hasnt been that great. And I just really want to get an understanding of my chances at achieving a grade 7 as on the old spec I was predicted an A but now I have no idea whether im the equivalent of a grade C or a grade A.

wow i feel bad for u, trust me i get how u feel, im going through the same thing with some off my subjects. Im predicted A's and B's, and i getting C's and D's, its really annoying, but we cant do nothing about it
Original post by The Fennec Fox
I remember we are doing the 15 poems from 'Songs of Ourselves Volume 1, Part 5'. You can find the poems in the spec.

For prose, I am doing Spies, whilst i'm doing An Inspector Calls for drama.

Honestly, I do not have any gut feeling about the math exam, i'm just like, "I will revise and pray for mercy on the test."

Im doing songs of ourselves and merchant Of Venice and Silas Marner. For songs ourselves im doing ones about love eg phantom of delight, heart and mind, tiger in the menagerie etc.
hey guys i'm zahra and i'm doing
english lang aqa
english lit aqa ( macbeth, blood brothers, a christmas carol and power and conflict)
maths edexcel
science ocr
additional science ocr
history aqa
geography aqa
french aqa
drama
GOOD LUCK !!!

Quick Reply

Latest