The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamz115
Because she probably got her application competency test filled in at the Job centre ( with NB JSA on file at the interview to drop a hint to the interviewers) and talks about Burger flippers to make herself feel better! ( anything to cut the state welfare bill eh)

What is NB JSA? Why would I use it to hint to interviewers?
Hi Guys. I applied to the recent officer tax professional & operational delivery roles and I received the following message from recruitment:

Thank you for your continued patience whilst your application has been placed on hold. We are sorry that we are not currently in a position to progress your application. As we are sure you will appreciate HMRC is an employer of over 56,000 staff and currently undergoing a huge transformation. Whilst this is very exciting and makes it a great place to work it does mean that there are many factors that influence workforce planning and our estate. We are re-organising how we deliver our business and at this time we are not able to progress your application. We will keep you informed as our plans develop. Please accept our apologies that we cannot provide you with a clear update today, we will contact you as soon as we are able. We expect that it will be May before we are able to provide any updates. Once again please accept our sincere apologies. We would like to thank you for the time and effort you put into the recruitment process to date.
Original post by Iffy146
Hi Guys. I applied to the recent officer tax professional & operational delivery roles and I received the following message from recruitment:

Thank you for your continued patience whilst your application has been placed on hold. We are sorry that we are not currently in a position to progress your application. As we are sure you will appreciate HMRC is an employer of over 56,000 staff and currently undergoing a huge transformation. Whilst this is very exciting and makes it a great place to work it does mean that there are many factors that influence workforce planning and our estate. We are re-organising how we deliver our business and at this time we are not able to progress your application. We will keep you informed as our plans develop. Please accept our apologies that we cannot provide you with a clear update today, we will contact you as soon as we are able. We expect that it will be May before we are able to provide any updates. Once again please accept our sincere apologies. We would like to thank you for the time and effort you put into the recruitment process to date.

That's the start of the writing off of applicants. They will start with applications that have not yet been through to interview etc ... then proceed onto applicants on merit lists before finally writing off Provisional offers - that way they can make the waste of taxpayers money more acceptable that they have " gone through other avenues first" but still found a surplus of applicants as a result of their inept planning
Original post by Jamz115
That's the start of the writing off of applicants. They will start with applications that have not yet been through to interview etc ... then proceed onto applicants on merit lists before finally writing off Provisional offers - that way they can make the waste of taxpayers money more acceptable that they have " gone through other avenues first" but still found a surplus of applicants as a result of their inept planning

Again with the doom and gloom and twisting the situation to generate fear regardless of the facts! I bet you're a big Trump fan!

It might not look good but I don't see anything there about anyone getting 'written off'.

Tw@t!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Iffy146

Which campaign/location did you apply for?
It's 436/17. There were around 40 posts for Croydon. Applications closed few weeks ago

Original post by dagoro1
Which campaign/location did you apply for?
Hi there, Is this the right thread. I had offer for an HO role with HMRC on one of these recruitment exercises for Birmingham however it has been withdrawn due to insufficient space? 2 others I know in Belfast and Nottingham have had the same this morning? Has anyone else had this? Fortunately I still have another Offer
Original post by Stephonix
Hi there, Is this the right thread. I had offer for an HO role with HMRC on one of these recruitment exercises for Birmingham however it has been withdrawn due to insufficient space? 2 others I know in Belfast and Nottingham have had the same this morning? Has anyone else had this? Fortunately I still have another Offer

No way. That's awful! When did you apply/for which campaign?
Original post by Stephonix

Hi would you mind posting a copy and paste of what they sent you when withdrawing your application please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by dagoro1
No way. That's awful! When did you apply/for which campaign?

Hi. It was 1320/16 . Seen portal change to unsuccessful couldn't understand why then they rang to explain. Someone I know in Belfast has the same. Fortunately I've another campaign.
Have you nothing better to do Jamz?

Original post by Mega0448
I've met plenty of incompetent people in senior grades and work with a load of SOs who haven't got a clue.

If you don't believe don't reply, they'll soon stop posting. I agree that what they are saying is mainly nonsense too as I don't believe an SO would be privy to such information.

At the end of the day nobody on here knows anything. It's a waiting game for start dates and everything else is purely speculation.

An SO wouldn't waste working hours talking to applicants via an Internet forum, full stop.

The idea is absolutely absurd that someone of a more senior level would waste time divulging information that those directly involved in the campaign haven't. It makes no sense, and goes against civil service social media policy as another has said.

It's just a troll, let him waste his own time but people need to just ignore it.
Original post by Violetx
I agree; the Civil Service has plenty of barely literate staff, right up to SCS level. I've also observed plenty of poor grammar, spelling and syntax from people on here purporting to have received offers.

I don't believe this CivilMac is an SO but nor do I believe it is Jamz. I really can't understand Janice's vitriol towards Jamz, just because he/she has a different outlook on this process. If anything I'd say Jamz was being realistic about the ineptitude of CS resourcing and/or HMRC and the likelihood that some people just won't ever see their offers realised.

He has caused a substantial amount of anxiety for people on this thread, for no reason other than to try to draw people down to his paranoid level. He gives unsubstantiated, worst outcome scenarios for everything, and directly puts down those who express happiness about their formal offers.

Not only that, but he paints a very negative, corrupt image regarding the civil service, which is open to the public. Anyone searching for recruitment advice would come across this. He is slandering his future employer.

So to be honest, yeah I do understand Janice's frustration.

Original post by Jamz115
Because she probably got her application competency test filled in at the Job centre ( with NB JSA on file at the interview to drop a hint to the interviewers) and talks about Burger flippers to make herself feel better! ( anything to cut the state welfare bill eh)

Considering you spend most of the working day browsing this forum and posting on threads for recruitment locations which don't even apply to you, I think you're hardly one to sneer at a job seeker.

And I also find it disconcerting that you can have such a derogatory attitude to those on state benefit, considering the department you'll be working in...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Waldorf67
He has caused a substantial amount of anxiety for people on this thread, for no reason other than to try to draw people down to his paranoid level. He gives unsubstantiated, worst outcome scenarios for everything, and directly puts down those who express happiness about their formal offers.

Not only that, but he paints a very negative, corrupt image regarding the civil service, which is open to the public. Anyone searching for recruitment advice would come across this. He is slandering his future employer.

So to be honest, yeah I do understand Janice's frustration.

Considering you spend most of the working day browsing this forum and posting on threads for recruitment locations which don't even apply to you, I think you're hardly one to sneer at a job seeker.

And I also find it disconcerting that you can have such a derogatory attitude to those on state benefit, considering the department you'll be working in...

Very well said 👏👏👍👍
Original post by SMK2016
Have you nothing better to do Jamz?

My thoughts exactly. He's too easy to spot - like he's not trying or he really is just that thick. The fact he's acting this way says too much about his attitude towards others. Certainly not the kind of person I'd like to be stuck working with!
Those waiting for Glasgow

I attended a regional event today that had a forum with senior leaders. They are very aware of the issue and are having regular meetings to try and resolve the problem of a lack of accommodation. A question was raised about temporary accommodation and the answer was that they looked into this and decided that the price (several hundred thousand, no figure quoted) was too high and they would explore every other option, if these fail then it may be a case of going back to plan A of renting other office space.

It was also said that they hope to announce the location of the Glasgow regional centre by the end of June this year.

Also, anyone wishing to know their position on the merit list for Glasgow or any other location can email them and ask this to be escalated. It may take a few days but you should get an answer.
Original post by HammerThyme
My thoughts exactly. He's too easy to spot - like he's not trying or he really is just that thick. The fact he's acting this way says too much about his attitude towards others. Certainly not the kind of person I'd like to be stuck working with!

I find it hard to believe that anyone who is actually looking to work for any employer would adopt the approach of Jamz/CivilMac/Stephanie/whatever other identity he chooses to adopt. He has publicly accused HMRC of nepotism and corruption. He is a troll that is merely looking to cause fear, uncertainty and doubt in the minds of genuine applicants. He started with Belfast and spread his bile further as time went on. Sad that he feels the need to do this, his immaturity shines through. I was lucky enough to get a position last year and I can only assume that the reason he didn't get a job at the same time was that his mannerisms betrayed him at interview. His posts tend to be easily spotted, he makes the same mistakes in all his guises.
Hi guys

Can someone in here give me information on what intelligence officer role involves at HMRC
Original post by Sebastian_Morris
Hi guys

Can someone in here give me information on what intelligence officer role involves at HMRC

This thread isn't about the intelligence officer role.
I understand that but I was just asking in case someone works in that department

Latest

Trending

Trending