The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston interviews (art &design based courses) 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Still haven't heard back guys. I gave them a call a few weeks back and they said they got a larger amount than usual of applicants this year, so it's taking a little bit longer to sort through things. Kinda giving up hope now but we'll see what happens haha. :redface:
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 21
Hi all! I'm not doing art, but I have confirmed my place at Kingston University to study Journalism. So if anyone is going there/considering there, feel free to message me! Would be nice to know some people before freshers week! Good luck to anyone still waiting to hear back, or do interviews! Also if anyone is curious - Kingston do have some art videos up on their Youtube channel. Be sure to check them out, I was bored and was just watching their other videos and it seems some of their art ones do talk about how to prepare for your interview, what they'll ask etc; This is a really good one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJm8FDqFhO0

((Posted this on the Foundation forum, but thought I might as well post it here as well, cause there's not many active Kingston threads!))
Original post by darunis
Still haven't heard back guys. I gave them a call a few weeks back and they said they got a larger amount than usual of applicants this year, so it's taking a little bit longer to sort through things. Kinda giving up hope now but we'll see what happens haha. :redface:

Yeah I haven't heard back either! I know a few people who heard back a couple weeks ago all of them didn't get in

Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't heard back
Original post by EmmaCx
Hi all! I'm not doing art, but I have confirmed my place at Kingston University to study Journalism. So if anyone is going there/considering there, feel free to message me! Would be nice to know some people before freshers week! Good luck to anyone still waiting to hear back, or do interviews! Also if anyone is curious - Kingston do have some art videos up on their Youtube channel. Be sure to check them out, I was bored and was just watching their other videos and it seems some of their art ones do talk about how to prepare for your interview, what they'll ask etc; This is a really good one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJm8FDqFhO0

((Posted this on the Foundation forum, but thought I might as well post it here as well, cause there's not many active Kingston threads!))

Awww nice! Are you local or are you going to stay in halls/accomidation?
Reply 24
Original post by jemma12
Awww nice! Are you local or are you going to stay in halls/accomidation?

Ah no, not local - coming through from Scotland actually! Hopefully getting into halls. What are your plans?
Original post by klaudia.p
That's bad :frown:
Me too... maybe they have many applicants this year, but still it's almost a month

At my interview they said they had over 1300 applicants... so im sure its taking a long time to get through them all
Is it weird that i didnt send an online portfolio and they still ended up giving me an interview
i was interviewed on 13 february for fine art and it wasn't a group interview for me, 6 different interviews were done at once on different tables so it's a lil distracting because you can hear everyone else talking. i was interviewed by one lecturer and one student who were both friendly, they treated me as an individual and were very encouraging about my work, even suggested exhibitions for me to visit. i got an offer the following day which was very lucky because it can take ages, apparently there are 70-90 people in each year group on the fine art course so literally there's no reason to worry if they take awhile to get back to you, there are a lot of applicants but it's a huge course! they don't reject a lot of people due to lack of space:smile: i imagine most interviews (but not all) are probaby finished by now but just wanted to share my experience for future applicants, you'll all be fine and the lecturers are so friendly and enthusiastic! i took two sketchbooks, around 9 pages of photography and two time-based pieces which they watched on a laptop.
Original post by mistermaple
Is it weird that i didnt send an online portfolio and they still ended up giving me an interview

that happened to my boyfriend with the filmmaking course ahaha, weird but lucky
Reply 29
Original post by GemmaLouisa
At my interview they said they had over 1300 applicants... so im sure its taking a long time to get through them all

Is this for Illustration & Animation? That's huge...:frown:
Original post by darunis
Is this for Illustration & Animation? That's huge...:frown:

No, that's for the foundation course
still waiting to hear for illustration&animation! little bit frustrating now, feel like i'm going to miss out on accomodation at this rate :frown:
Reply 32
Original post by elestras
still waiting to hear for illustration&animation! little bit frustrating now, feel like i'm going to miss out on accomodation at this rate :frown:

Hope you've heard by now with good news! I got a response today - conditional offer at 11am!! It's been a journey!! :biggrin:
I've got an interview for Kingston's Fine Art course this Wednesday, i got the offer for the interview without having to submit an online portfolio. Im so scared about it being a group interview because im generally a quiet person and but i can go on a ramble if im nervous! Hopefully it is one on one like suggested above but i guess i'll have to wait and see. Would like to know how all of your interviews went!
Original post by pingu17black
I've got an interview for Kingston's Fine Art course this Wednesday, i got the offer for the interview without having to submit an online portfolio. Im so scared about it being a group interview because im generally a quiet person and but i can go on a ramble if im nervous! Hopefully it is one on one like suggested above but i guess i'll have to wait and see. Would like to know how all of your interviews went!

Just had my interview today for FA Ba, there were 4-5 fa interviews going on at once in the room & they were one on one with either a tutor or a tutor and a current student. They started by asking why I had picked the uni & the course & then I had about 15 minutes to talk through my portfolio. I actually really enjoyed the day overall & guess I just have to wait & see now haha. Good luck for your interview!
I got an unconditional offer from Kingston for art direction without sending my portfolio or having an interview!?! The course tutor emailed me saying it was a pleasure reading my personal statement and he couldn’t wait to speak to me. I couldn’t attend the interview on the 1st as I was in Suffolk being interviewed but I got an email the next day saying I have an unconditional offer.
Original post by Likelittlefish
Just had my interview today for FA Ba, there were 4-5 fa interviews going on at once in the room & they were one on one with either a tutor or a tutor and a current student. They started by asking why I had picked the uni & the course & then I had about 15 minutes to talk through my portfolio. I actually really enjoyed the day overall & guess I just have to wait & see now haha. Good luck for your interview!

Were you there on the 7th at 2pm? The interview was really good but the woman who interviewed me basically answered all the questions herself, she kept interrupting my answers and not letting me finish so i'm not sure whether i sold myself enough to get a place?
Original post by Feebles17x
I got an unconditional offer from Kingston for art direction without sending my portfolio or having an interview!?! The course tutor emailed me saying it was a pleasure reading my personal statement and he couldn’t wait to speak to me. I couldn’t attend the interview on the 1st as I was in Suffolk being interviewed but I got an email the next day saying I have an unconditional offer.

That's so strange? Maybe they've done all the interviews and have spare places to accept extra people? Is this uni your top choice? Its good if it is!!
I always thought Kingston was quite a desired uni so I'm not sure if its about the number of places. Perhaps because of the nature of this course being about art directing and less about actual artistic abilities this meant my personal statement and reference was enough to persuade them. Solent and its beauty promo degree is my top choice-I'm still waiting on their decision:eek:
Original post by pingu17black
Were you there on the 7th at 2pm? The interview was really good but the woman who interviewed me basically answered all the questions herself, she kept interrupting my answers and not letting me finish so i'm not sure whether i sold myself enough to get a place?

Sorry, agh for some reason I just saw this? I was there a couple of days before that ( The 5th??). My experience was the opposite and they just let me talk apart from asking a few questions but I had a different interviewer, it could have been her way of trying to relate to the work but honestly that just sounds frustrating.
Have you made your Uni choice yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending