The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

When can you apply for Cardiff Uni Accommodation?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theathenerd
it's making me so nervous that they're not clear on when applications will open:s-smilie: I got my place last year but deferred til September 2017... they talk like I can apply anytime since I have a firm offer but clearly not since it's not open! it's making me so anxious haha

and it sounds like it's not sorted by who applies first then... that sucks if it's random! I'm really picky about where I want to live!

Aha yeh trust it makes me nrverous too not much else we can do though other than keep checking it😂
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
If you've firmed you can apply now
It's open now
Reply 23
Original post by matthewfox98
It's open now

When I go on my SIMS and click to apply for accomodation it says there is no such thing as that link! I've firmed it and everything on UCAS and want to get it done ASAP, I've sent an enquiry but how did you apply for yours and was it quite easy?
Reply 24
Original post by hmiles15
When I go on my SIMS and click to apply for accomodation it says there is no such thing as that link! I've firmed it and everything on UCAS and want to get it done ASAP, I've sent an enquiry but how did you apply for yours and was it quite easy?

Don't worry, emailed and they said it was an IT problem, all fixed now, applied for my 10 (!) places.
Don't worry, emailed and they said it was an IT problem, all fixed now, applied for my 10 (!) places.

I can't believe they made us put down so many choices! where did you put as your first?
Reply 26
Put down Talybont South, then put the other Talybonts, I had to resort to student housing in the end because I really don't wanna be in a small hall and that's all that was left! What about you?
Put down Talybont South, then put the other Talybonts, I had to resort to student housing in the end because I really don't wanna be in a small hall and that's all that was left! What about you?

ahh I put down Court as my first choice and the others following that🙂
Hi, does anyone know if there is an option when applying for accommodation to ask to be in halls with all of the same gender as you? I'm not too keen on sharing with males (I'm not a man hater I swear😂)
Reply 29
Original post by Georgina9876
Hi, does anyone know if there is an option when applying for accommodation to ask to be in halls with all of the same gender as you? I'm not too keen on sharing with males (I'm not a man hater I swear😂)

I'm fairly certain that when I did mine one of the last things they asked was any other preferences, for example gender/language/quiet rooms so just say same sex then, or just call up the hall you want to be in :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending