The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

LSBU best accommodation?

Hi!
I'm considering my options when it comes to accommodation at LSBU for September 2017, which is the best?
Which is the cheapest/most expensive?
Where do the nurses usually stay?
I'll be studying adult nursing if I firm my offer

Anyone else in the same position?! 😁
Original post by Dannie0
Hi!
I'm considering my options when it comes to accommodation at LSBU for September 2017, which is the best?

I've got an offer for occupational therapy and plan on making it my firm. I've been looking at the accommodation on their website so that might help you a bit. Originally, I was thinking mclaren house which I believe is where most people stay. All but I think one floor is ensuite and I think was £146 or so per mouth. It's also about a ten minute walk from the uni (I've been doing my research 😅) Looking at Dante now but that's shared bathroom which although I'd rather not I'd save a lot of money with that one being £118.
London
Reply 2
Original post by Aztec Chic
I've got an offer for occupational therapy and plan on making it my firm. I've been looking at the accommodation on their website so that might help you a bit. Originally, I was thinking mclaren house which I believe is where most people stay. All but I think one floor is ensuite and I think was £146 or so per mouth. It's also about a ten minute walk from the uni (I've been doing my research 😅) Looking at Dante now but that's shared bathroom which although I'd rather not I'd save a lot of money with that one being £118.

I've been doing my research too and I'm stuck because I don't like he accomodation at all lol
I've really got to make some decisions and quickly 😂
Original post by Dannie0
I've been doing my research too and I'm stuck because I don't like he accomodation at all lol
I've really got to make some decisions and quickly 😂

Ohh what dont you like about them? 😂
I think despite the fact Dante is shared it appealed to me more because the showers isnt a wet room as well as it being cheaper. Wet rooms just don't appeal to me 😅
When can you apply for accommodation, once you've firmed it?
Reply 4
Ohh what dont you like about them? 😂
I think despite the fact Dante is shared it appealed to me more because the showers isnt a wet room as well as it being cheaper. Wet rooms just don't appeal to me 😅
When can you apply for accommodation, once you've firmed it?

I don't like a wet room either! I think they all look really run down and I really don't like any of them 🙈 I think I'm like it with most university accomodation though!
Yeah I think once you firm it you can apply, I think the rates are changing too I emailed them the other day and they said they was uploading new rates next week so keep an eye out :smile:
Original post by Dannie0
I don't like a wet room either! I think they all look really run down and I really don't like any of them 🙈 I think I'm like it with most university accomodation though!
Yeah I think once you firm it you can apply, I think the rates are changing too I emailed them the other day and they said they was uploading new rates next week so keep an eye out :smile:

Oh the joys, as if it isn't expensive enough 😭
Contacted the accommodation today, they said they expect students for the 17/18 year to be able to apply for their places within a couple of weeks, with allocation going first to international and unconditional offers. They did say they expect prices to change slightly for this year.

I'm hoping to get a place in Dante Road, as looking through the online feedback McLaren House seems really run down, and is far more expensive just for what is essentially a wet room added on to your room. :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by HexBlood183
Contacted the accommodation today, they said they expect students for the 17/18 year to be able to apply for their places within a couple of weeks, with allocation going first to international and unconditional offers. They did say they expect prices to change slightly for this year.

I'm hoping to get a place in Dante Road, as looking through the online feedback McLaren House seems really run down, and is far more expensive just for what is essentially a wet room added on to your room. :biggrin:

Weeks?! I've just emailed them I thought I had until end of may to decide in terms of accommodation haha oh lord I'm worried and I haven't even firmed my place yet but I do have unconditional but awaiting other universities first

Oh lord Jesus 😮 What a worry!
Original post by Dannie0
Weeks?! I've just emailed them I thought I had until end of may to decide in terms of accommodation haha oh lord I'm worried and I haven't even firmed my place yet but I do have unconditional but awaiting other universities first

Oh lord Jesus 😮 What a worry!

Damn I haven't even confirmed my place either and weeks isn't long enough considering there is a like £300 deposit which needs to be paid 😭 I plan on applying for Dante house but weeks man come on. When they say slightly how much do you think?
McLaren.
Is the accommodation thing actually open because I clicked on the link the online accommodation service one but nothing happens. On the website it says it will soon be open. Is it just me or is it actually not opened yet?

Thanks in advance
Reply 11
Is the accommodation thing actually open because I clicked on the link the online accommodation service one but nothing happens. On the website it says it will soon be open. Is it just me or is it actually not opened yet?

Thanks in advance

I emailed them and they said the prices aren't up yet but I'm not actually sure as I've firmed Surrey instead now
I would email them if I was you x
Original post by Dannie0
I emailed them and they said the prices aren't up yet but I'm not actually sure as I've firmed Surrey instead now
I would email them if I was you x

Ah okay I will probably do that then. Did you finally manage to find accommodation that appealed to you ? x
Reply 13
Ah okay I will probably do that then. Did you finally manage to find accommodation that appealed to you ? x

I didn't look in the end as I firmed else where but wherever I go I want an ensuite so I think I would of went for like mclaren :smile: x
Original post by Dannie0
Hi!

I think the Nurses usually stay at David Bomberg, the most social halls are McLaren house and often preferred to Dante as McLaren really is "on campus" it's pretty sweet, can just get up 5 minutes before a lecture and stroll in just about on time, which is convenient
Original post by Dannie0
Hi!

If you are headed to London South Bank University then there are over 80 options you could choose from. You can find them all here https://www.unilodgers.com/uk/london/student-accommodation/london-south-bank-university?utm_source=FP&utm_content=TSR You can file your options from the cheapest to the most expensive student accommodation. Also you will be sharing your accommodation with other students, but they will be mixed not just concentrated for the Nursing course.
Dante is in my opinion the best one. It is cheap, rooms are good and windows go to quiet street, so you won't suffer from constant noise. In addition, it is the cheapest option and about 12-15 min walk to Uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending