The Student Room Group

I'm a complete pussy ama

i was walking my dog, and he was attacked by a rottweiler (off the leash). I wanted to to separate them but I just couldn't, because I didn't want to kick my own dog by accident, it was so chaotic. i just kept shrieking and crying like a ****ing little girl. i should've been able to do more. that stupid ****ing owner finally managed to get his dog off mine,and luckily my dog wasnt seriously hurt because he has very thick fur. but i just cant calm down. the mere thought of walking my dog again makes me want to ****ing cry. idk how i will be able to take him for a walk tomorrow.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you're a pussy why do you have an effing dog??
Why dont you grow some balls?
Original post by Ciel.
i was walking my dog, and he was attacked by a rottweiler (off the leash). I wanted to to separate them but I just couldn't, because I didn't want to kick my own dog by accident, it was so chaotic. i just kept shrieking and crying like a ****ing little girl. i should've been able to do more. that stupid ****ing owner finally managed to get his dog off mine,and luckily my dog wasnt seriously hurt because he has very thick fur. but i just cant calm down. the mere thought of walking my dog again makes me want to ****ing cry. idk how i will be able to take him for a walk tomorrow.

You will be able to. Change your route if possible. You can because you love your dog and he needs you to
Report it to the police. Next time it could be worse
Reply 4
Original post by iqra2159
If you're a pussy why do you have an effing dog??

it was god's will
Reply 5
You have to man up!

You are the owner after all, your dog was the one being attacked and you started panicking and crying instead of actually trying to save your pet.

The dog is probably more traumatised than you are. You just have to get over it and become more mentally strong, anything could happen, the way you deal with it is what makes a difference.
ur dog's breed?
Reply 7
Original post by Sammylou40
You will be able to. Change your route if possible. You can because you love your dog and he needs you to
Report it to the police. Next time it could be worse

Unfortunately, I can't change the route. I want to report it but that guy lives in the neighborhood and I'm worried that he will do something stupid if I report him, like my poison my dog or something. He's one of those 'wanna be gangsta' chavs
Reply 8
Original post by EC
You have to man up!

You are the owner after all, your dog was the one being attacked and you started panicking and crying instead of actually trying to save your pet.

The dog is probably more traumatised than you are. You just have to get over it and become more mentally strong, anything could happen, the way you deal with it is what makes a difference.

What was I supposed to do, though? Do you know how difficult it is to get between two massive dogs when they are fighting? If you have any sort of advice, on how to protect my dog in the future, then by all means go ahead and tell me. I'm not trying to attack you, or anything, seriously, if you have any tips, please share

Original post by allegorical
ur dog's breed?

malamute cross (smaller than actual malamutes)
Reply 9
Original post by Ciel.
What was I supposed to do, though? Do you know how difficult it is to get between two massive dogs when they are fighting? If you have any sort of advice, on how to protect my dog in the future, then by all means go ahead and tell me. I'm not trying to attack you, or anything, seriously, if you have any tips, please share

You should hold the back legs of the dog up and spin them around to keep them from biting you. That works best if both owners are trying to separate the dogs though, otherwise you should hold the attacking dog's legs so you can both double team it

malamute cross (smaller than actual malamutes)

How small and how old?
If it can't take on a rottweiler, it seems like you're both pussies tbqh
Reply 10
Original post by Lychee627
Why dont you grow some balls?

How do I doooooo that
Original post by Ciel.
How do I doooooo that

Go gym?
Reply 12
You should have gotten an alpha male dog.
Dogs like to compete with eachother.
But then again, i'd kick the other dog if I were you.
Reply 13
Original post by h3rmit
You should hold the back legs of the dog up and spin them around to keep them from biting you. That works best if both owners are trying to separate the dogs though, otherwise you should hold the attacking dog's legs so you can both double team it

How small and how old?
If it can't take on a rottweiler, it seems like you're both pussies tbqh

Hold the back legs? Would that not make it turn around though? I mean, it would probably go for my face if I did that?
Hmm well smaller than regular malamutes, bit like a siberian husky. Wth... He's not. He's just a very friendly dog, he's not ****ing used to this sort of thing. That other dog was very aggressive, pretty sure this wasn't his first time attacking. He attacked unprovoked, and went straight for my dog's throat.
Reply 14
Original post by Ciel.

You should remain calm and assertive, grab the dog by his back quickly and try to pull it in order to separate them. By panicking and crying you don't solve anything.. If you're worried you'll get yourself bitten, you could ask some professional people for advice, those who train dogs surely know best what to do in this situation.
Reply 15
Original post by VATS
You should have gotten an alpha male dog.
Dogs like to compete with eachother.
But then again, i'd kick the other dog if I were you.

I know what dogs look like when they're playfighting for dominance. Trust me, that wasn't it.
My dog is my companion, and my friend. I don't want a fighting dog. Couldn't care less about alpha ********.

Go gym?

I used to. Clearly, it didn't help.
Reply 16
Original post by Ciel.
Hold the back legs? Would that not make it turn around though? I mean, it would probably go for my face if I did that?
Hmm well smaller than regular malamutes, bit like a siberian husky. Wth... He's not. He's just a very friendly dog, he's not ****ing used to this sort of thing. That other dog was very aggressive, pretty sure this wasn't his first time attacking. He attacked unprovoked, and went straight for my dog's throat.

It does make them turn around, that's why you spin them around at the legs, or just move out of the way.

Who came out worse from the scuffle?
Original post by Ciel.
I know what dogs look like when they're playfighting for dominance. Trust me, that wasn't it.
My dog is my companion, and my friend. I don't want a fighting dog. Couldn't care less about alpha ********.

I used to. Clearly, it didn't help.

Used to , keep going?
Original post by Ciel.

Don't hold the back legs that's retarded. You probably won't even be able to pick them up. Dogs are ****ing strong.

Best bet if to rear naked choke the ****, but again, if you haven't got big arms... You aren't gonna have the strength. There's not much you can do therefore.

Booting it in the face can make it run away if it was only wanting to 'play' or was merely being snappy. If it immediately lunged out and is gripping your dog I'd wrap one arm around its neck and use my thumb on the other into its eyes when it lets go I'd immediately lock on the rear naked choke and not let go till it was dead. You might get bit. Wear a big coat.

You can also bait it into biting a safe spot - wrap a coat around your forearm and bait the dog into biting that. Wouldn't recommend unless you have had training though or are ****ing huge because a big dog will end up dislocating your shoulder and dragging you to the floor and tearing your neck open...
Reply 19
Original post by h3rmit
It does make them turn around, that's why you spin them around at the legs, or just move out of the way.

Who came out worse from the scuffle?

Ah I see. Do you think a small person would manage that, with a big dog? I'm not gonna lie, that rottweiler definitely weighed more than me. Hell, even my dog even weighs more than me. Do you think I'd manage, without having my face mauled off?

Used to , keep going?

Can't. I've crippling anxiety/depression now. Can't even go shopping by myself anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest