The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Central Saint Martins - Foundation Diploma 2017/2018

Anyone applied for this course through the online application? If so, how long do they respond after submitting the application if I get an interview? I applied for the fashion & textiles pathway. The wait is killing me!

Does anyone know the acceptance rate for fashion & textiles?

If you applied what pathway did you choose?

:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by privarte
Anyone applied for this course through the online application? If so, how long do they respond after submitting the application if I get an interview? I applied for the fashion & textiles pathway. The wait is killing me!

Does anyone know the acceptance rate for fashion & textiles?

If you applied what pathway did you choose?

:smile:

Yes, I also applied for the fashion & textiles pathway through the online application form and they haven't sent me an answer yet. Have you sent them your mini portfolio? I've heard that nobody is rejected before the portfolio review. I guess we don't have to worry too much. I'm not sure about the acceptance rate for foundation, but according to BoF, CSM accepts about 6% for BA fashion courses. It doesn't sound good tbh :frown:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm an international student so I uploaded my full portfolio on PebblePad and now I'm just waiting to see if I've gotten an interview yet.

6% sounds scary :O
I'm an international student so I uploaded my full portfolio on PebblePad and now I'm just waiting to see if I've gotten an interview yet.

6% sounds scary :O

Now I'm afraid, because I'm an EU student and I'm still waiting for a respond. I haven't sent them a link to my portfolio yet :frown: I hope they'll reply to me soon.
Reply 4
Original post by klaudia.p
Now I'm afraid, because I'm an EU student and I'm still waiting for a respond. I haven't sent them a link to my portfolio yet :frown: I hope they'll reply to me soon.

When did you apply?
When did you apply?

About 2 weeks ago, but I only got a confirmation email
Reply 6
Hey
I've applied trough the online application form and I received the date for submitting my portfolio trough Pebble Pad almost 2 weeks after the day in which i received the confirmation email...

I applied for Fine Art pathway

I have the deadline on 13th of this month hah
Reply 7
When did you apply?

Hey

i'm an eu student from Italy i've to upload my portfolio with Pebble Pad too..

If i can ask you... have you filled all the 30 file spaces available ?

and for which pathway have you applied ???
Reply 8
Original post by leoncoil
Hey

i'm an eu student from Italy i've to upload my portfolio with Pebble Pad too..

If i can ask you... have you filled all the 30 file spaces available ?

and for which pathway have you applied ???

I applied for fashion & textiles.

I submitted my portfolio on the 31st because I thought that was the deadline and I accidently submitted my application early cause I didn't realise they wanted my portfolio 2 weeks later so I freaked out and did everything haha.

I used up all 30 images because I included my process and research. :smile:
Hey
I've applied trough the online application form and I received the date for submitting my portfolio trough Pebble Pad almost 2 weeks after the day in which i received the confirmation email...

I applied for Fine Art pathway

I have the deadline on 13th of this month hah

Now I'm really worried, because I'm also an EU student. I guess I have the same deadline :frown: I've just sent them an email and I hope they'll reply very soon.

I submitted my portfolio on the 31st because I thought that was the deadline and I accidently submitted my application early cause I didn't realise they wanted my portfolio 2 weeks later so I freaked out and did everything haha.

Have you uploaded 30 individual images or 30 collages?

oh hahaha
omg so fast.

okay thank you.. me I have 25 pages of portfolio in which I have also showed the process behind my work trough sketches and finished and unfinished pieces ( i applied for Fine Art pathway )
also I included a long essay as a research for another project and then I was intended to upload some sketchbooks pages.. do you think is it possible ?
Now I'm really worried, because I'm also an EU student. I guess I have the same deadline :frown: I've just sent them an email and I hope they'll reply very soon.

I received the confirmation email the second week of january and on 30th of January the deadline for submitting my portfolio..

anyway you need one of their email before submitting because they'll send you some details about Pebble Pad access...
I received the confirmation email the second week of january and on 30th of January the deadline for submitting my portfolio..

anyway you need one of their email before submitting because they'll send you some details about Pebble Pad access...

I've just got a respond and they don't require a reference for this course and there is no prior submission of the portfolio. However, I'm an EU student, so I don't understand how it works. I thought I would be able to submit my portfolio digitally. Now I'm waiting for a reply again.
Reply 14
Have you uploaded 30 individual images or 30 collages?

Mostly collages but there was like 1 pic of an artwork and 2 videos. :smile:
Reply 15
I've just got a respond and they don't require a reference for this course and there is no prior submission of the portfolio. However, I'm an EU student, so I don't understand how it works. I thought I would be able to submit my portfolio digitally. Now I'm waiting for a reply again.

That's odd because I got asked for a reference!
Reply 16
oh hahaha
omg so fast.

okay thank you.. me I have 25 pages of portfolio in which I have also showed the process behind my work trough sketches and finished and unfinished pieces ( i applied for Fine Art pathway )
also I included a long essay as a research for another project and then I was intended to upload some sketchbooks pages.. do you think is it possible ?

yeah that's totally fine! They said quality over quantity so technically doesn't matter how many files you upload
That's odd because I got asked for a reference!

I've read on their site that they require one reference, so I don't understand why they don't require a reference from me. That's really awkward.
Reply 18
I've read on their site that they require one reference, so I don't understand why they don't require a reference from me. That's really awkward.

Did you apply to any other foundation diplomas for fashion&textiles? If so where?
Did you apply to any other foundation diplomas for fashion&textiles? If so where?

Yes, I applied to Kingston a week ago, but I'm also going to apply to UCA Epsom, Bournemouth and Ravensbourne in March. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending