The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Accommodation Questions

Scroll to see replies

I recently moved out of Nelson and Drake House in Bristol city centre and am looking for a student to fill my room! The location is very central and the room has a great view of the city. Please contact me for details as soon as possible.
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by UWE Bristol
Hi all,

Please post all your accommodation queries in here.

This could relate to the application process, best location, room and facility information or absolutely anything else you need to know.

We look forward to hearing from you :smile:

Hi! I have been offered a place in Computer Games Technology, what accommodation would you recommend for my course?
Reply 62
What is the date for the accommodation application to go live, because I am going on holiday for three weeks in April, and will not be guaranteed to have WiFi all the time?
Also, I have been offered a uncondtional offer for psychology based at Frenchay Campus, which accomodation would you recommend? I would love to live at the Student village but I'm worried that I won't be accepted therefore what's the best alternative? As I preferably wanted accommodation with an en-suite?
Reply 63
Hi,

I've got an offer to study Adult nursing next year at UWE. I've started looking at accomodation and i was wandering if all students studying health care based degrees lived in the Glenside accomodation? I really like the city centre accomodation but didnt know if the contract length 43/44 weeks would be suitable with the adult nursing course?
thanks!
Hi,

I saw in an earlier reply that Marketgate flats are generally shared between 4-6 people. Is it possible to choose how many people to share with, say if I were to prefer a six-flatmate-flat, or are rooms/flats chosen at random?

Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)
Seems the stock of campus rooms is quite limited. Particularly for Frenchay. Is there any chance of finding a room after results day? UWE will be my insurance choice, or even through clearing so wanted to see the likelihood of getting a room on campus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Hi UWE,

Do you have an option for mature student accommodation? By mature I just mean in their 20's. I am 24 and although I wouldn't mind living in "normal" halls at all I was worried I may meet no one at all who was my age? What do you think?

Thank you!
Hello all,

I have chosen UWE as my firm choice for Paramedic Science (BSc) starting September 2017.
I was wondering, what accommodation would be best to look at in your opinion? Do you have students studying at Glenside that live on the main campus at Frenchay? Is this possible to do? Does it work?
Additionally, is there parking available at both sites accommodation as I need my vehicle for placement?

Appreciate your time,
Reply 69
Original post by HarryDKing
Hello all,

I have chosen UWE as my firm choice for Paramedic Science (BSc) starting September 2017.
I was wondering, what accommodation would be best to look at in your opinion? Do you have students studying at Glenside that live on the main campus at Frenchay? Is this possible to do? Goesit work?
Additionally, is there parking available at both sites accommodation as I need my vehicle for placement?

Appreciate your time,

Only glenside have parking and its limited you need a permit. Yes you can live in other campuses even if your lectures are else where :smile: im applying for wallscourt at frenchay
Original post by UWE Bristol
Hi all,

Please post all your accommodation queries in here.

This could relate to the application process, best location, room and facility information or absolutely anything else you need to know.

We look forward to hearing from you :smile:

Hi!
i had an email today asking me to apply to accomodation, but the link i was sent didnt take me to an applocation form and i cant figure out if i was sent the wrong link, or if it is not yet open to applications! please help as i am aware the allocation is first come, first served. Are you able to help?
Thank you!!!:/
Hi,
Is there are an option when you apply for accommodation to ask to be put in a flat where everyone is the same sex as you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by Georgina9876
Hi,
Is there are an option when you apply for accommodation to ask to be put in a flat where everyone is the same sex as you?

Yes there is when you fill the application in. Its now open you should have gotten an email about it
Im currently considering whether to take Wallscourt Park (Ensuite) or Student Village, any input from which one is better? :biggrin:
Reply 74
Original post by JiaYong1893
Im currently considering whether to take Wallscourt Park (Ensuite) or Student Village, any input from which one is better? :biggrin:

Well wallscourt i think is better as its more modern, but its a lot more expensive if you get the ensuite. :smile:
Original post by Ak47_21
Well wallscourt i think is better as its more modern, but its a lot more expensive if you get the ensuite. :smile:

Yeah i know, its about 145 Per week, still ok tho.
Reply 76
Original post by JiaYong1893
Yeah i know, its about 145 Per week, still ok tho.

Its an extra 1k a year so i didnt go for ensuite wallscourt haha I'd have no money for living :tongue:
hey guys!
On the website it says "study bedrooms are en-suite, superior rooms have a larger en-suite shower room" for student village.
I was a bit confused reading this and wanted to know if, the standard rooms have separate shower rooms or is a shared shower room between all flatmates?
THANKS!
Reply 78
Original post by favabeans
Hi,

I saw in an earlier reply that Marketgate flats are generally shared between 4-6 people. Is it possible to choose how many people to share with, say if I were to prefer a six-flatmate-flat, or are rooms/flats chosen at random?

Thanks!

hey, i'm the same as you-- ive chosen marketgate and i'd much rather be with 6 people than 4
-- but i'm hoping that various flats on each floor get together a lot ...?
Reply 79
Hi,

I will be 27 by September. What's the best accommodation for mature students (particularly in Frenchay)? Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending