The Student Room Group

Veterinary med gateway 2017

Scroll to see replies

I went to the interview on the 15th march, the last date. They said we would definitely hear back within 2 weeks
Original post by medley_saffie
Good luck!

Did you go to Bristols interview on the 1st of March?

Yeah I did haha you were in the first group weren't you? I was in the one after you
Original post by Sashaling1207
Yeah I did haha you were in the first group weren't you? I was in the one after you

Yes i was! Thought i recognised your picture :smile:
Original post by olivialexie
I went to the interview on the 15th march, the last date. They said we would definitely hear back within 2 weeks

Thats really helpful, thank you :smile:
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has applied for Bristols veterinary gateway?

I applied for the Bristol Gateway, but unfortunately I got rejected without an interview and I am not too sure why. What were your predicted grades? Mine were ABB.
I have also applied for the Nottingham Gateway, but have not heard back yet either.
Original post by Jessie1999
I applied for the Bristol Gateway, but unfortunately I got rejected without an interview and I am not too sure why. What were your predicted grades? Mine were ABB.
I have also applied for the Nottingham Gateway, but have not heard back yet either.

Good luck with Nottingham!
I'm not doing a-levels, im doing a city and guilds diploma! I got a distinction star last year, so should be getting D/D* overall.

I applied from nottingham but was rejected
Good luck with Nottingham!
I'm not doing a-levels, im doing a city and guilds diploma! I got a distinction star last year, so should be getting D/D* overall.

I applied from nottingham but was rejected

What diploma are you doing, if you don't mind me asking. And I never knew you could get in with a city and guilds diploma.
What diploma are you doing, if you don't mind me asking. And I never knew you could get in with a city and guilds diploma.

Animal Management. Yeah, for gateway! But only certain universities will accept it
I had my interview for Nottingham early December and I still haven't heard anything, do you guys think I should contact them? Not sure what to do as it's been like 14 weeks!!
I had my interview for Nottingham early December and I still haven't heard anything, do you guys think I should contact them? Not sure what to do as it's been like 14 weeks!!

Well I got rejected from the Nottingham Gateway on Friday. Really upset because now I have no offers :frown:
Well I got rejected from the Nottingham Gateway on Friday. Really upset because now I have no offers :frown:

Oh wow I'm so sorry to hear that :frown: if you don't mind me asking though, when was your interview as I haven't heard anything and am starting to wonder what's going on haha
Oh wow I'm so sorry to hear that :frown: if you don't mind me asking though, when was your interview as I haven't heard anything and am starting to wonder what's going on haha

I got interviewed on the 7th December. And am really upset about the decision as I did over 18 weeks of work experience and gave up all my holidays to do it. So I do not understand why 2 gateway courses would not want me :frown:
I got interviewed on the 7th December. And am really upset about the decision as I did over 18 weeks of work experience and gave up all my holidays to do it. So I do not understand why 2 gateway courses would not want me :frown:

My interview was at Nottingham on the 7th aswell! How uncanny! I had the same feeling with RVC, but don't worry about it I'm sure it was interview skills as opposed to experience personality etc. You reapplying next year?
My interview was at Nottingham on the 7th aswell! How uncanny! I had the same feeling with RVC, but don't worry about it I'm sure it was interview skills as opposed to experience personality etc. You reapplying next year?

Yeah but would have to get AAA as not reapplying for a gateway as there are too few a places. Or if not, I will just resit my A levels. So unfortunately I will be taking a gap year this year which is not what I wanted.
Also, how much work experience did you do?
Yeah but would have to get AAA as not reapplying for a gateway as there are too few a places. Or if not, I will just resit my A levels. So unfortunately I will be taking a gap year this year which is not what I wanted.
Also, how much work experience did you do?

I haven't counted any weeks but I worked at a vet practice for a year and did seasonal lambing for 3/4 years I've also owned horses since I was like 5 and done pony club and camp etc. I also did the odd day at places like dairy farms and equine hospitals and went to talks with vets doing research in laminitis and dentistry and things. Then I did some voulunteering within the pony club when I stopped attending myself. I also did a week at WMSP So I don't actually know in weeks how much I did but it was a lot!!
I haven't counted any weeks but I worked at a vet practice for a year and did seasonal lambing for 3/4 years I've also owned horses since I was like 5 and done pony club and camp etc. I also did the odd day at places like dairy farms and equine hospitals and went to talks with vets doing research in laminitis and dentistry and things. Then I did some voulunteering within the pony club when I stopped attending myself. I also did a week at WMSP So I don't actually know in weeks how much I did but it was a lot!!

Wow that is a lot! I have done over 18 weeks. Did you get any gateway offers?
Wow that is a lot! I have done over 18 weeks. Did you get any gateway offers?

No, well....not yet 😂 I hope touch wood, I got rejected from RVC :frown: which would've been my first choice :/ but now I'm just waiting to hear from Bristol and nottingham
No, well....not yet 😂 I hope touch wood, I got rejected from RVC :frown: which would've been my first choice :/ but now I'm just waiting to hear from Bristol and nottingham

Good luck with Bristol and Nottingham!
Do you think I might be on a waiting list for Nottingham gateway? As if some offer holders end up going somewhere else, they would have to give the place to another applicant. But they did not say whether I was on a waiting list or not...
Good luck with Bristol and Nottingham!
Do you think I might be on a waiting list for Nottingham gateway? As if some offer holders end up going somewhere else, they would have to give the place to another applicant. But they did not say whether I was on a waiting list or not...

I think with waiting lists it's a bit weird where sometimes they offer you if you want to be on one or you can ask. If you're unsure I would definitely contact them and ask if you want to be on it.
I think with waiting lists it's a bit weird where sometimes they offer you if you want to be on one or you can ask. If you're unsure I would definitely contact them and ask if you want to be on it.

Hello I was wondering if anyone ended up getting an offer for the Bristol or Nottingham Gateway?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending