The Student Room Group

Anyone doing AQA A level computer science?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Joseph....
That's a lot more then me, mine is nowhere near 42 pages. My teacher is useless and he's left our whole class clueless. My project is on a website for a hotel. If you'd like I can email you what I've done and you could maybe show what you've done and what I need to include?

Sure. I can't help with VB.net, but I can help you identify what else you need to be including into your document. Just pm me
Reply 21
Original post by peterxz
Sure. I can't help with VB.net, but I can help you identify what else you need to be including into your document. Just pm me

How much have you done for your project?
Reply 22
It is built up of 12 forms, 10 out of the 12 is already completely finished and working. I only need to implement a settings frame and functionality along with it and the statistical analysis interface, where the user can create graphs based on their needs (all information is already stored for that purpose). So that, and fixing known bugs. When I am done with that, I will get started on the rest of the document, will probably be all set by the end of this next holidays.
Reply 23
Original post by peterxz
It is built up of 12 forms, 10 out of the 12 is already completely finished and working. I only need to implement a settings frame and functionality along with it and the statistical analysis interface, where the user can create graphs based on their needs (all information is already stored for that purpose). So that, and fixing known bugs. When I am done with that, I will get started on the rest of the document, will probably be all set by the end of this next holidays.

Woah, nice work. How many pages of documentation do you think you will have? Some in my class have done 150+ lol one even has around 220
Original post by mahmzo
Woah, nice work. How many pages of documentation do you think you will have? Some in my class have done 150+ lol one even has around 220

moi code is 235 alone xd
Reply 25
Original post by mahmzo

Probably something like 150-200 given that I havent done any of the techincal solution bit or testing.
Reply 26
Original post by luciferhf
moi code is 235 alone xd

It's not a line of code per page!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mahmzo
It's not a line of code per page!

Posted from TSR Mobile

5754 lines of code total xd
I havent started my project, can teachers provide us with guidance on how to do it or is it all independent?
Reply 29
Original post by stressedteen
I havent started my project, can teachers provide us with guidance on how to do it or is it all independent?

You have not started it o_O . It's due in like less than 2 months. lol. Teachers are allowed to guide you up to a certain amount. You can NOT however share or discuss with others in your class
Original post by mahmzo
You have not started it o_O . It's due in like less than 2 months. lol. Teachers are allowed to guide you up to a certain amount. You can NOT however share or discuss with others in your class

Oh ahha should've mentioned that I'm only in year 12, phew
Original post by stressedteen
Oh ahha should've mentioned that I'm only in year 12, phew

This is the worst thing I have ever done in my entire life. Start early & read the damn guide and examiners report from last year or you are ruined.
Reply 32
This is the worst thing I have ever done in my entire life. Start early & read the damn guide and examiners report from last year or you are ruined.

yeah @stressedteen i reccommend you start thinking about your project ideas, by the time it comes for you to start the write up our (Current year 13) examiners report will be out, Luckily youll have a bit more guidance than what we have (Which is literally nothing).
Original post by mahmzo
yeah @stressedteen i reccommend you start thinking about your project ideas, by the time it comes for you to start the write up our (Current year 13) examiners report will be out, Luckily youll have a bit more guidance than what we have (Which is literally nothing).

@luciferhf @mahmzo oh gosh thank you, and good luck with it and your exams!
FYI: a repo for Skeleton Code which I will be adding to soon https://github.com/mhoare/AQA-SkeletonCode-2017

And also a repo for notes: https://github.com/mhoare/compsci-notes

I hope someone can find these useful.

Lines of code for project: around about 14.5K
Project code is going great 3000+ lines (Python,Tkinter,SQLite). My documentation is rather weak, not sure how much detail to go into.

Overall the project is going well, I just find the theory of the course (paper 2) so boring and a lot of it useless :/
Reply 36
Original post by UkFeneley
Project code is going great 3000+ lines (Python,Tkinter,SQLite). My documentation is rather weak, not sure how much detail to go into.

Overall the project is going well, I just find the theory of the course (paper 2) so boring and a lot of it useless :/

Yep very useless. My mate went to a computer science talk @ Imperial they said themselves the theory is useless lol. Tbh i am pretty sure it's like 80% Recall. So just make sure it's drilled into your head

Posted from TSR Mobile

What have you made?
What have you made?

I have made task scheduling software for a company. Basically setting tasks for employees.
Reply 39
I have made task scheduling software for a company. Basically setting tasks for employees.

How many forms do you have?

Quick Reply

Latest