The Student Room Group

The Harry Potter Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by bizzy_penguin
since we're on the Harry Potter subject - I was thinking someone could take over the Harry Potter society? - its been quiet for about 2 years @Airmed
I'm still waiting to be accepted into it... :frown::smile:

Hey :h:

As far as I can remember, there was talk about a revamp of the societies behind the scenes, so to say, and I did nominate myself to take over the Harry Potter one :yep: :mmm: But things got in the way.

Let me get back to you on this, ok? :hugs:
Original post by Airmed

As far as I can remember, there was talk about a revamp of the societies behind the scenes, so to say, and I did nominate myself to take over the Harry Potter one :yep: :mmm: But things got in the way.

Yep can you make the HP society more active! Please :cry2: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airmed

cool - thx, that's fine :smile: all the good societies seem to be quiet
Reply 83
Original post by bizzy_penguin
cool - thx, that's fine :smile: all the good societies seem to be quiet

Original post by wolfmoon88
Yep can you make the HP society more active! Please :cry2: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll talk to the right people, and the HP society will rule supreme over the site once more :awesome:

Spoiler

Original post by Airmed
I'll talk to the right people, and the HP society will rule supreme over the site once more :awesome:

Spoiler

Thank you :biggrin:

:rofl: :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airmed

Spoiler

haha - it probably just needs some TLC :h:
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the release of the Philosopher's Stone, there's going to be four different versions of the book released, all styled in the different houses! As a Gryffindor, I might pick up one of the ones below

Reply 87
I didn't even know there was a HP society on TSR :eek:
Finally finished Goblet of Fire. I liked the ending chapters a lot, very intense.

So far my rating of the books are:

1. Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Philosopher's Stone
3. Goblet of Fire
4. Chamber of Secrets.
Reply 89
Original post by Athena64
Finally finished Goblet of Fire. I liked the ending chapters a lot, very intense.

So far my rating of the books are:

1. Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Philosopher's Stone
3. Goblet of Fire
4. Chamber of Secrets.

I have to agree with you there about PoA being the best book :yep: have you started Order of The Phoenix?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
I have to agree with you there about PoA being the best book :yep: have you started Order of The Phoenix?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! It might be the film bias, because I love the film so much, but I do love the atmosphere and so on in the book as well.

I found it hard to decide where to put GoF and CoS though... they're exchangeable. GoF was incredibly hard to get into because of the pacing of the beginning, but the final chapters are great! CoS is pretty much PS but with some plot details changed. But Lockhart is good.

I've started it, as in... one chapter so far. :tongue:
@Spock's Socks have you listened to enough of the audiobook to decide if you're a fan?
Reply 92
Original post by Snufkin
@Spock's Socks have you listened to enough of the audiobook to decide if you're a fan?

I am enjoying the audiobook version of HP but since I only ever read before bed, I can only listen for about 10 mins at a time since it makes me sleepy and I have to pause it before I sleep so I don't lose my place. It would be great if my phone could sense when I was sleeping and that pause it for me :tongue: I've lost my place quite a few times because of drifting while listening to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am enjoying the audiobook version of HP but since I only ever read before bed, I can only listen for about 10 mins at a time since it makes me sleepy and I have to pause it before I sleep so I don't lose my place. It would be great if my phone could sense when I was sleeping and that pause it for me :tongue: I've lost my place quite a few times because of drifting while listening to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, at that rate it will take you ages! Are you sure there isn't a sleep timer? Mine has one - I thought they all did.
:zomg: i love harry potter
i only saw this thread now :rofl:
Reply 95

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used to listen to the audiobooks like every night in bed as a kid. :colondollar: Would always end up just repeating stuff cos I had no idea where I'd got to.
Finished OotP...

Spoiler

Reply 97
I haven't really been reading HP lately, I've been busy with taking my papa to appointments and then sorting out my wedding and just haven't been feeling like myself lately, hence why I haven't been on TSR much too lately but I hope to get back into HP fully soon :yep:

I watched Fantastic Beasts a few days ago. I wasn't really keen on it tbh, despite being a huge Eddie Redmayne fan :tongue: did you guys like it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't really been reading HP lately, I've been busy with taking my papa to appointments and then sorting out my wedding and just haven't been feeling like myself lately, hence why I haven't been on TSR much too lately but I hope to get back into HP fully soon :yep:

I watched Fantastic Beasts a few days ago. I wasn't really keen on it tbh, despite being a huge Eddie Redmayne fan :tongue: did you guys like it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not even listening? :frown:

I watched it yesterday! I thought it was great, much better than any of the HP movies.
Reply 99
Original post by Snufkin
Not even listening? :frown:

I watched it yesterday! I thought it was great, much better than any of the HP movies.

Nope, not even listening :frown: I've lost a lot of interest in things lately, even my beloved horror films so I've not really had the notion for much :frown: hope I perk up again soon

Glad you enjoyed it :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending