The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by minya1
Received an offer last night around 10pm. AAA. Interview was on the 15th, they got back surprisingly quickly.

omg you must have done it really well. Congrats!!! What time was your interview? and did u go to the tour?
Reply 1961
Congrats!!! Ur the first person I've heard of who has received an offer of AAA, everyone else seems to be receiving the typical A*AA offer
Reply 1962
Original post by MollyLauren
omg you must have done it really well. Congrats!!! What time was your interview? and did u go to the tour?

Thank you! Im so relieved, and yeah I went on the tour, I dont remember what exactly what time my interview was but it was not long after the tour ended.
Reply 1963
Original post by hkw23
Congrats!!! Ur the first person I've heard of who has received an offer of AAA, everyone else seems to be receiving the typical A*AA offer

Thank you! And yeah im quite shocked too, I have no clue as to why I got a lower offer.
Original post by minya1
Received an offer last night around 10pm. AAA. Interview was on the 15th, they got back surprisingly quickly.

omg congrats!! thats actually amazing you must have interviewed incredibly well!! :smile:
Original post by minya1
Yeah I know I had to read it like 10 ten times to make sure I was reading it right lool

well done :h:

do you have any existing a levels by any chance?
Original post by Kdrizzy1999
Congrats on the offer! I've pm'ed you about the chat!

Hey, can you please add me to the chat too? Got the offer. Thanks
Original post by minya1

Were your predictions aaa or are you from a low ranking school?
Reply 1968
Anyone still waiting for an answer this is for you....I got roasted in the interview, slouched, paused for like 30 seconds, stuttered like mad and said have a good evening when i was walking out(It was like 11am) and i still got an offer
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1969
Original post by sundaeblue
Does anyone know if they ask about any NHS hot topics in the interview?

They might do. The interview is very short they asked like 3 general questions and then the ethics. For the ethics you will need a decent understanding of the NHS so brush up on it
Could anyone please add me to the offer holders' chat? Thanks!
Reply 1971
Original post by SargentZenj2
They might do. The interview is very short they asked like 3 general questions and then the ethics. For the ethics you will need a decent understanding of the NHS so brush up on it

What do you mean when you say decent understanding of nhs? How it generally works or the ethics side of things?
Reply 1972
Can someone explain to me what the teaching style is like at imperial please?
Original post by Abj0

Integrated so lectures with pbl sessions and patient visits etc.
Original post by Abj0

Original post by superwomancool
Integrated so lectures with pbl sessions and patient visits etc.

Well yes and no. It's basically just science for the first 2 years with very little patient contact (maybe 3 hours in the first whole year) and the PBL is just some presentations on a random topic you pluck up in the PBL sessions (of which there are like 6 I think - that do not continue into year 2).

I'd say it's basically just science. I think imperial just likes to has its foot in the water of PBL and patient contact on this one.
has anyone who did their interview on the 15th got an offer? or update?
If there's a offer holders group or chat, can someone please provide a link to it? Thank you :smile:
Original post by taehyungxc
If there's a offer holders group or chat, can someone please provide a link to it? Thank you :smile:

Me too please :smile:
Original post by MollyLauren
has anyone who did their interview on the 15th got an offer? or update?

I had mine on the 14th and still haven't heard anything, don't worry ! :smile:
People a few pages back were talking about an email that was sent to them in January giving them advice on good and bad answers for the interview. I never received this...:frown: could anyone post it on here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending