The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dez
They've certainly come a long way since 2014. :p:

For some reason I missed this:colondollar:

Tbh, I did really like Moustache:tongue: (guily pleasure:wink:) but I definitely agree with you

Btw, what does everyone think of the new entries picked yesterday (Poland, Hungary, Malta)?

Poland = :indiff:
Malta = :yawn:
Hungary = :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Reply 21
Original post by IKEAPanda37
For some reason I missed this:colondollar:

Tbh, I did really like Moustache:tongue: (guily pleasure:wink:) but I definitely agree with you

Btw, what does everyone think of the new entries picked yesterday (Poland, Hungary, Malta)?

Poland = :indiff:
Malta = :yawn:
Hungary = :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Another two solo female artists, the contest is gonna end up like 80% solo female singers at this rate. Hungary's entry is… intersting, though. :p:
Original post by Dez
Another two solo female artists, the contest is gonna end up like 80% solo female singers at this rate. Hungary's entry is… intersting, though. :p:

Yeah, thats true tbh:tongue: Means we might/probably will struggle to stand out from the rest

Haha, it sure is:biggrin: Also nice to see a few countries opting for non-English songs:smile:
just wondering what you guys thought of Spain's entry? they've got 1K dislikes on youtube 🤔apparently his entry is a scandal and was chosen unfairly?

tbh I didn't find it very interesting myself

I'm liking Germany's and Belarus's sogn choices
Original post by bizzy_penguin
just wondering what you guys thought of Spain's entry? they've got 1K dislikes on youtube 🤔apparently his entry is a scandal and was chosen unfairly?

tbh I didn't find it very interesting myself

I'm liking Germany's and Belarus's sogn choices

Yeah, basically the voting was 50-50 televoting and jury, and after the results there was a tie between Manel and Mirela (fan favourite). People are angry because the jury decided the winner instead of televoting (Mirela would have won in this case), and 2/3 went for Manel hence he won. Also one of jury members was plugging his song on radio and therefore it was unfair

Tbh, I didn't rate either entry, my favourite came 3rd :frown: Anyway, the song starts off promising and then it goes downhill, repetitive and yeah not a fan.....
I'd poke Alma.

She'd get 12 from me.

12 strokes, that's all it'd take.
I swear that we always come not far from being last.
uk's official music video @Dez
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ac5xNUfzCY4

I think I like it :tongue: :smile: the entry seems to be better than Spain's after all
uk's official music video @Dez
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ac5xNUfzCY4

I think I like it :tongue: :smile: the entry seems to be better than Spain's after all

I'll be so disappointed if we don't get at least top 10 this year. Maybe even top 5? :awesome:
Original post by Snufkin
I'll be so disappointed if we don't get at least top 10 this year. Maybe even top 5? :awesome:

ikr - I'm quite excited about it this year since she was pretty good live :smile:
I'm hoping with her x factor background she'll have some idea about good/bad stage setup which I think is what we need now to be good
I was a little disappointed in Sweden's sntry this year also
think there's less than 10 entries to go now :tongue: :biggrin:
think there's less than 10 entries to go now :tongue: :biggrin:

Yeah a lot less:wink:

Just Armenia to go - on the 18th:h:
Yeah a lot less:wink:

Just Armenia to go - on the 18th:h:

I'm serious though... i just read that as America... loool :tongue: :smile:

but don't you think our lyrics are fairly political this year? :biggrin:

example

Spoiler

I'm serious though... i just read that as America... loool :tongue: :smile:

but don't you think our lyrics are fairly political this year? :biggrin:

example

Spoiler

LOL but it's true tho:tongue:
OMG well done :facepalm:

Tbh I never thought of that but now you mention it, I think your right:biggrin:

What's your favourite so far?:h:
LOL but it's true tho:tongue:
OMG well done :facepalm:

Tbh I never thought of that but now you mention it, I think your right:biggrin:

What's your favourite so far?:h:

In no particular order - UK, Germany, Switzerland, Belarus, Italy, Denmark, and Austria :smile:

For some reason Belaruses song reminds me of 1D - appears to have the same title too as one of their songs
The girl singing for Denmark sounds AMAZING

I haven't watched all of the music videos yet though, but a few of them I just can't sit through because I'm really not keen on some
I'll probably write a list out when i've seen them :smile:

all of the entries are released now (saw it on facebook, UK seems to be in a few peoples favourite lists which seems to be a good sign so far :smile:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=utaONsx0rt8
In no particular order - UK, Germany, Switzerland, Belarus, Italy, Denmark, and Austria :smile:

For some reason Belaruses song reminds me of 1D - appears to have the same title too as one of their songs
The girl singing for Denmark sounds AMAZING

I haven't watched all of the music videos yet though, but a few of them I just can't sit through because I'm really not keen on some
I'll probably write a list out when i've seen them :smile:

all of the entries are released now (saw it on facebook, UK seems to be in a few peoples favourite lists which seems to be a good sign so far :smile:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=utaONsx0rt8

Ah interesting :h: I agree with the last 4 :smile:

Really? Yeah the title is, but I dont think 1D did folk music :tongue:
OMG Yes, totally agree with Denmark, she is amazing live :love:

Ooh I already made my top 43, although it will probably change once I've listened to the newer ones more
Every year I make a huge deal out of Eurovision it's the highlight of May and signals the start of Summer! :redface: :biggrin: Very excited

Expect this Steamboat as a regular poster on this thread :wink:
Ukraine have forbidden/banned the Russian eurovision entry from entering the country.
Ukraine have forbidden/banned the Russian eurovision entry from entering the country.

Yep, the whole situation is a mess...........

Its really stupid that politics plays a huge part in Eurovision these days, but tbh it seems that Russia are deliberately trying to stir up trouble. :dontknow: Feel sorry for the singer tho, she doesn't deserve all of this :frown:
Yep, the whole situation is a mess...........

Its really stupid that politics plays a huge part in Eurovision these days, but tbh it seems that Russia are deliberately trying to stir up trouble. :dontknow: Feel sorry for the singer tho, she doesn't deserve all of this :frown:

so much for "celebrating diversity" :frown: ( three male presenters too)
politics isn't meant to be there but this obviously shows it still exists - like you just said
I wonder if they will let her in the country at the last minute...the eurovision broadcasting thing said they're trying to cooperate/work with ukraine on it (something ike that)

Latest

Trending

Trending