The Student Room Group

The worst pain you have ever had

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
UTI that turned into a kidney infection
Physical wise; *****ing out a vindaloo and a whole bunch of jagerbombs
breaking/spraining my ankles at the same time.

was literally carried around for a while

i jumped down some stairs like superman ayyy how dumb
was stabbed

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Resurrecting this reasonably old thread to say that I had the misfortune of being caught in the line of fire of someone having homemade "napalm" thrown at them.

Spoiler

That s*** was definitely the worst pain I've ever felt.
(edited 7 years ago)
Head butting the pavement. :redface: I also managed to take the skin off both knees. That alone isn't that painful. But I needed a shower and that hurt.
Ear ache is the worst
Well in second place would be good old childbirth, especially my second. But without doubt the worst pain ever was tearing the meniscus cartilage in my knee. Relentless overbearing agony for two weeks
A lot of people say childbirth was the worst pain for them, I'm curious to know how bad it actually is. :hmmm:
Period pain before I started taking medication, got to the point where I fainted a few times.
Also, more recently, getting an injection when my wisdom teeth were pulled out - three times.
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
A lot of people say childbirth was the worst pain for them, I'm curious to know how bad it actually is. :hmmm:

What do you want to know. It can last anything from a couple of hours to 72 hours for the really unlucky!
Contractions start as a mild period pain and then a tightening of the womb which lasts about a minute, gradually increasing in frequency. By the time it really gets going the best way to describe it would be a tightening that is so severe you can't catch your breath along with a pain that is so strong you may as well be being stabbed repeatedly with red hot pokers. It's relentless
Then comes the crowning and that can split you in two! ( not quite but you get the idea) although the vagina can accommodate a baby's head it can often split the perineum. Or if the shoulders are a bit stuck a kind midwife will give the skin a quick snip with a pair of scissors.
Afterwards the pains can carry on for up to 48 hours albeit milder These are after pains.
You will probably although not always need the torn or cut perineum sewn up. Some are lucky and don't split. You'll then have to sit on frozen peas for a month and jump through the ceiling every time you wee. And then there'll be the constipation
And I had two!!!
Does that answer your question?
Any more please ask and I'll do my best xx
Anaphylaxis.

That was a fun day
When ur mama walkedout of my life :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
the after math of my lumbar puncture was pretty awful, i bruise like a peach and my entire back was just black and so sore and sensitive. really hurt.

when my brother hit with me with a log, that hurt a lot.

a few of my piercings

when i injured my knee playing rugby - the pain still plagues me years later :s-smilie:
Original post by Pugglet
Anaphylaxis.

That was a fun day

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that :cry:
Original post by Steljoy
Ouch! Sorry to hear about that :cry:

4 years ago now but I still remember the feeling as if it was yesterday
Original post by Sammylou40
What do you want to know. It can last anything from a couple of hours to 72 hours for the really unlucky!
Contractions start as a mild period pain and then a tightening of the womb which lasts about a minute, gradually increasing in frequency. By the time it really gets going the best way to describe it would be a tightening that is so severe you can't catch your breath along with a pain that is so strong you may as well be being stabbed repeatedly with red hot pokers. It's relentless
Then comes the crowning and that can split you in two! ( not quite but you get the idea) although the vagina can accommodate a baby's head it can often split the perineum. Or if the shoulders are a bit stuck a kind midwife will give the skin a quick snip with a pair of scissors.
Afterwards the pains can carry on for up to 48 hours albeit milder These are after pains.
You will probably although not always need the torn or cut perineum sewn up. Some are lucky and don't split. You'll then have to sit on frozen peas for a month and jump through the ceiling every time you wee. And then there'll be the constipation
And I had two!!!
Does that answer your question?
Any more please ask and I'll do my best xx

Wow, ok childbirth sounds like it would top my worst experience with pain.
Wow, ok childbirth sounds like it would top my worst experience with pain.

Probably. But very worth it

"A Human body can bear only up to 45 del (units) of pain. Yet at time of giving birth, a mother feels up to 57 Del (units) of pain. This is similar to 20 bones getting fractured at the same time."

Quick Reply

Latest