The Student Room Group

conspiracy theories

is anyone into conspiracy theories, for example the mandela effect. i believe some conspiracy theories, if you know of any good ones feel free to discuss them
Reply 1
Which conspiracy theories do you believe in?
Reply 2
Original post by B_9710
Which conspiracy theories do you believe in?

i believe in the mandela effect, chem trails, other little ones like to do with the goverment but i know better than to discuss them online
such a cliche conspiracy but...the illuminati

have you heard about the fermi paradox (not really a conspiracy but still interesting enough)

The Fermi Paradox seeks to answer the question of where the aliens are.

Given that our star and Earth are part of a young planetary system compared to the rest of the universe and that interstellar travel might be fairly easy to achieve the theory says that Earth should have been visited by aliens already.

As the story goes, Enrico Fermi (an Italian physicist) first came out with the theory with a casual lunchtime remark in 1950.

The implications, however, have had extraterrestrial researchers scratching their heads in the decades since.

"Fermi realized that any civilization with a modest amount of rocket technology and an immodest amount of imperial incentive could rapidly colonize the entire galaxy,
Reply 4
Original post by RickmanAlways
such a cliche conspiracy but...the illuminati

have you heard about the fermi paradox (not really a conspiracy but still interesting enough)

The Fermi Paradox seeks to answer the question of where the aliens are.

Given that our star and Earth are part of a young planetary system compared to the rest of the universe and that interstellar travel might be fairly easy to achieve the theory says that Earth should have been visited by aliens already.

As the story goes, Enrico Fermi (an Italian physicist) first came out with the theory with a casual lunchtime remark in 1950.

The implications, however, have had extraterrestrial researchers scratching their heads in the decades since.

"Fermi realized that any civilization with a modest amount of rocket technology and an immodest amount of imperial incentive could rapidly colonize the entire galaxy,

that one sounds interesting!!
and it would really be a shock if the illuminati wasnt real! come on there is more then enough evidence to support claims that the illuminati are most definitley real!
I used to be quite into conspiracy theories when I was a tad bit younger, would spend hours on hours watching documentaries on things like the Illuminati, satanism etc.

As I've gotten older I've grew out of most of them, especially the Mandela effect which can be quite easily explained by our minds not remembering things correctly
Reply 6
Original post by samrichardsonn
I used to be quite into conspiracy theories when I was a tad bit younger, would spend hours on hours watching documentaries on things like the Illuminati, satanism etc.

As I've gotten older I've grew out of most of them, especially the Mandela effect which can be quite easily explained by our minds not remembering things correctly

i do personally believe in the mandela effect but some of the things in there are so explainable. i have gotten out of some conspiracy theories that were just so irrational.
Original post by emobunnyxo1
i do personally believe in the mandela effect but some of the things in there are so explainable. i have gotten out of some conspiracy theories that were just so irrational.

Mandela effect seems to be quite common just now, I remember looking at examples and falling for them, but it's quite simple. Our brains take in so much information that it's almost impossible to remember every little detail of every little thing, eg Sex in the city or Sex and the city.

I also find peoples responses to such examples are subjective, I'm not a fan of Sex and the city so why would I remember such detail? I noticed this with Nelson Mandela, I always knew he was alive up until passing in 2013, though people who weren't quite interested in foreign politics etc didn't.

I think the Illuminati + fema camp ones are the most irrational though.
Reply 8
Original post by samrichardsonn
Mandela effect seems to be quite common just now, I remember looking at examples and falling for them, but it's quite simple. Our brains take in so much information that it's almost impossible to remember every little detail of every little thing, eg Sex in the city or Sex and the city.

I also find peoples responses to such examples are subjective, I'm not a fan of Sex and the city so why would I remember such detail? I noticed this with Nelson Mandela, I always knew he was alive up until passing in 2013, though people who weren't quite interested in foreign politics etc didn't.

I think the Illuminati + fema camp ones are the most irrational though.

i totally get where your coming from but i respect your belifes, i personally kind of believe in the mandela effect but i believe more in the illuminati and fema camps
Reply 9
Let's talk about chem trails
Original post by emobunnyxo1
i totally get where your coming from but i respect your belifes, i personally kind of believe in the mandela effect but i believe more in the illuminati and fema camps

And to you too, I really like discussing these types of things so don't think I'm trying to belittle you or anything.

My main problem with the Mandela effect is that if we're living in an alternative reality, wouldn't our perception on things be completely different? Yet we all look at the same things as an example.

Funny thing with the Illuminati is that it actually was a real thing, a secret group that was set up in the 1700's to reject religion and things that were superstitious. They had to be secret as back then it was basically illegal to speak against any religion. Because of this the group feel into the abyss and I can only believe that as religion became less involved in society, the reason of maintaining such a group would be pointless. People seem to link Freemasonry with the Illuminati, which is where the conspiracies come from I believe
History Channel actually has nothing to do with history, and I can testify. Its 90% conspiracy theories and 10% Pawn Stars or Pimp My Aquarium or sum **** like that. I'm interested enough to watch them, but not interested enough to believe. meh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending