The Student Room Group

Stirling Uni - Social work second stage task??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Another day of patiently rechecking emails every 10 mins lol. I got a rejection from UWS yesterday, confidence been very knocked! Nothing from anywhere else tho. X
Original post by socialworker2be
Has anybody heard from Stirling yet??

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but one of my classmates has been rejected on the basis that the social worker course has been filled
Original post by ddc87
Another day of patiently rechecking emails every 10 mins lol. I got a rejection from UWS yesterday, confidence been very knocked! Nothing from anywhere else tho. X

I'm sorry to hear that! Are you a school leaver or do you have a hnc? X
Reply 183
Original post by ddc87

It's s long and painful lol I'm to scared to let a bit of excitement in and fearing the rejection. However what will be and all that lol
Reply 184
Original post by shannonmcc13
I'm sorry to hear that! Are you a school leaver or do you have a hnc? X

I have a previous degree in law and was in a management job for a few years. Looking to completely change career. Always wanted to do social work but never had the nerve to just go for it. If I don't get it this year I'm going to try for HNC and have some volunteer work lined up. Wby?
Reply 185
Original post by Don3022
It's s long and painful lol I'm to scared to let a bit of excitement in and fearing the rejection. However what will be and all that lol

Same! I've kept my hopes down so anything positive will be a massive bonus. It's a very long process though, very stressful for us all x
Original post by ddc87
I have a previous degree in law and was in a management job for a few years. Looking to completely change career. Always wanted to do social work but never had the nerve to just go for it. If I don't get it this year I'm going to try for HNC and have some volunteer work lined up. Wby?

That's so annoying for you cos you are clearly competent to complete a degree! I have a hnc in social sciences and I also have work experience with children with additional needs! Here's hoping you get into Cali! But the best back up is to do the hnc and get as much as experience as you can
Original post by ddc87

Taking over my life
Reply 188
Rejection from Strathclyde; lack of experience which is totally fair enough, happy to accept that but also because I'm not eligible for funding for a 2nd degree! Wouldn't have applied if I wasn't able to fund it. Brutal process, tomorrow's another day. X
Original post by ddc87
Rejection from Strathclyde; lack of experience which is totally fair enough, happy to accept that but also because I'm not eligible for funding for a 2nd degree! Wouldn't have applied if I wasn't able to fund it. Brutal process, tomorrow's another day. X

That's so annoying! How do they know how much money you have in the bank?!
Has anyone heard back from Strathclyde yet? And does anyone know how many people they are taking?
Has anyone heard back from Strathclyde yet? And does anyone know how many people they are taking?

36 😕😕
Reply 192
Original post by Chloerice2606
36 😕😕

They are taking 35 Out of 900 I was told
Original post by Don3022
They are taking 35 Out of 900 I was told

35?!!! That's ridiculous
Is 900 the amount they interviewed? i feel like there's not even a point in waiting for a reply I may aswell just withdraw my application 😂
Is 900 the amount they interviewed? i feel like there's not even a point in waiting for a reply I may aswell just withdraw my application 😂

I think 900 is the overall people applied, I read they were only interviewing people who hadn't had enough experience xx
Anyone heard back from Stirling?

Mee, got a conditional to get a B in my graded unit in HNC
Original post by chunkyandfunky
Mee, got a conditional to get a B in my graded unit in HNC

When did you hear back? If you dont mind

I'm sure they were withdrawing applications cos there course is full

Quick Reply

Latest