The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Nursing applicants September 2017

Scroll to see replies

Hi anyone heard from USW I had my child nursing interview on the 18th of Jan and am so anxious to hear its killing me.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
@Ndhardy92 Hey, how are you? I have finally received feedback from the University of Essex, generic feedback reads: I am not suitable for the Adult Nursing degree course (in other words) After checking references, college transcripts, and application, they're unable to make me an offer (interview) instead of dragging out the process so much, they could of delivered that message a lot sooner. And to send me a generic email that they probably send all unsuccessful candidates, doesn't talk about you in a personal light, doesn't sound like individual feedback at all. I do wish everybody else Good Luck in their applications, I knew applying for nursing would be hard but not this hard:smile: I have now received 3 rejections all of which were generic feedback templates.:frown:
Hey everyone, I didn't realise this was a UEA Thread sorry :frown: I do wish everyone good luck in their Nursing applications, I hope you all get in to your desired choices:smile:
Original post by nelfran29
@Ndhardy92 Hey, how are you? I have finally received feedback from the University of Essex, generic feedback reads: I am not suitable for the Adult Nursing degree course (in other words) After checking references, college transcripts, and application, they're unable to make me an offer (interview) instead hof dragging out the process so much, they could of delivered that message a lot sooner. And to send me a generic email that they probably send all unsuccessful candidates, doesn't talk about you in a personal light, doesn't sound like individual feedback at all. I do wish everybody else Good Luck in their applications, I knew applying for nursing would be hard but not this hard:smile: I have now received 3 rejections all of which were generic feedback templates.:frown:

Hello nelfran, am sorry to hear you are having a hard time with the courses you applied to. I have also received 3 rejections so far, one school didn't even bother to email me at all. Its frustrating to not get good feedback. Still waiting to hear more from UEA, they told me at end of Jan my app is in a gathered field and haven't heard anything more.
Original post by Ndhardy92
Hello nelfran, am sorry to hear you are having a hard time with the courses you applied to. I have also received 3 rejections so far, one school didn't even bother to email me at all. Its frustrating to not get good feedback. Still waiting to hear more from UEA, they told me at end of Jan my app is in a gathered field and haven't heard anything more.

@Ndhardy92 It's heartbreaking, do you know the reasons for the rejections? Mine are silly if you ask me lol, I hope you get into UEA My friend goes there think she started in January 17, let me know what happens? :smile:
@Ndhardy92 It's heartbreaking, do you know the reasons for the rejections? Mine are silly if you ask me lol, I hope you get into UEA My friend goes there think she started in January 17, let me know what happens? :smile:

It turned out two of the schools I applied to don't accept international applicants (I'm from US). Was quite frustrating because in ucas those courses showed as open to overseas applicants. Keeping my fingers crossed on UEA though 😊 Are you expecting to hear back from any other schools?
It turned out two of the schools I applied to don't accept international applicants (I'm from US). Was quite frustrating because in ucas those courses showed as open to overseas applicants. Keeping my fingers crossed on UEA though 😊 Are you expecting to hear back from any other schools?

That's not good from UCAS part, they got their wires crossed it sounds like, would have challenged UCAS for sure, I really do hope you get in UEA, It's an amazing university, I really do hope it works out for you. After my 3 rejections and 1 withdrawal, I now have a place at my first choice, it was so worth the struggle, amazing experience, I start this Sept so really looking forward to that :smile: I'll be checking in with you, let me know what happens with UEA :wink:
That's not good from UCAS part, they got their wires crossed it sounds like, would have challenged UCAS for sure, I really do hope you get in UEA, It's an amazing university, I really do hope it works out for you. After my 3 rejections and 1 withdrawal, I now have a place at my first choice, it was so worth the struggle, amazing experience, I start this Sept so really looking forward to that :smile: I'll be checking in with you, let me know what happens with UEA :wink:

Hello, thought I'd give you an update, have been given an unconditional offer from uea for Sep 2017, I'm so excited!! 😊😊
Hello, thought I'd give you an update, have been given an unconditional offer from uea for Sep 2017, I'm so excited!! 😊😊

Hello, @Ndhardy92 A massive congratulations to you, wow you need to firm straight away, have you sorted student finance yet?

I am excited for you too :h::colondollar:

Thanks for letting me know too :smile:
Hello, @Ndhardy92 A massive congratulations to you, wow you need to firm straight away, have you sorted student finance yet?

I am excited for you too :h::colondollar:

Thanks for letting me know too :smile:

Thank you 😊 I am going with finance from US, I'm pretty sure I can still get federal loans but not grants. What I'm most worried about is where I'll be staying. I am nearly 25 so I don't think living in student housing would be ideal. Do you know of any good resources to find people looking for roommates?
Thank you 😊 I am going with finance from US, I'm pretty sure I can still get federal loans but not grants. What I'm most worried about is where I'll be staying. I am nearly 25 so I don't think living in student housing would be ideal. Do you know of any good resources to find people looking for roommates?

Why would student accommodation not be ideal? I'm going to UEA in September! I've accepted as my form option. You should consider student accommodation - it would be simpler for travelling to and from lectures etc!
Original post by ibadibauea
Why would student accommodation not be ideal? I'm going to UEA in September! I've accepted as my form option. You should consider student accommodation - it would be simpler for travelling to and from lectures etc!

Congratulations on your offer! I guess what I'm worried about is being much older than whomever I am living with. There are benefits to living in student accommodation absolutely. It's just that if I have a roommate or similar, I think it might be easier if the person were closer to my age (i could be wrong about that, but it's a feeling I have).

Hey, @Ndhardy92 I wouldn't know the first thing about student accommodation and I don't think it really matters about living with students who are younger. We all have life experience and different personalities and I'm sure you will be fine and you will all motivate and support each other, we all have the same goal right which is to qualify and work as a nurse wherever we desire. My friend is currently studying Adut Nursing at UEA, she started in January 2017 and she is loving it she lives in the halls and has currently moved closer to her placement area I can't remember where it is but she is feeling the pressure with 7am starts at placement and essays to do and still has to attend lectures, to keep her in top form. I know you will have a wonderful time. You really do need to start sorting out your accommodation nice and early because once it's gone it's gone! There should be some information on your offer letter on UCAS TRACK if that's where you applied you can start contacting uni halls finding out the process and deposits, are you gonna apply for your loan soon? Let me know what happens, also check out UEA website they update it with new info for new students starting in 2017/18, which might include open days for offer holders, head start days enrolment and so on also info on occupational health and DBS if it works the same for international students anyway. I wouldn't know.

Congratulations once again can imagine how you feel your one step closer to starting in September exciting times for us both, find out about any reading materials you can get stuck into before you start too I am, been out of education for some time I need all the help I can get lol. Keep me updated :smile:
I recently accepted my offer to study mental health nursing at UEA!
Hey All,
Congratulate to those who have been offered a place at UEA and keep the faith for those who are waiting to here back- I know you will get in 😁

I applied last year for Sept 2017, had my interview in December 2016 and have been offered an unconditional place. I'm so excited!!!
Hope to meet you all in September 2017- much love ❤️
Original post by Curaçao
Hey All,
Congratulate to those who have been offered a place at UEA and keep the faith for those who are waiting to here back- I know you will get in 😁

I applied last year for Sept 2017, had my interview in December 2016 and have been offered an unconditional place. I'm so excited!!!
Hope to meet you all in September 2017- much love ❤️

Thats great news!! well done! i can't wait meet everyone! have a great summer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending