The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

People going to Surrey in general or taking Psychology in 2017?

Hi,

I am going to the University of Surrey (if I get the grades that is!) and basically would like to get to know or talk too anyone else who has is making Surrey their firm choice uni. It might be a long shot but I was kind of hoping to get to know some people BEFORE we actually start. I know I'll make a load of friends the first few weeks but I'd feel better if I knew some people who were actually going.

To be honest I've had the same friendship group through secondary and college, so this will be the first time I'm 'on my own' so getting to know some people beforehand would be great.

And I just like talking to people in general. :P
Reply 1
Hi, I've applied to Surrey for psychology with a placement year and have an offer of AAB. Pretty sure it's going to be my firm :smile:
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
I chose Surrey as a firm one :smile:
I have an unconditional offer too. Undecided as of yet as I'm waiting to hear from the other unis I've applied to :smile:
I've firmed Surrey for psychology too!! Hopefully we'll all get those grades :smile:
Congrats on your offers guys! Hopefully we'll be seeing you at Surrey in the autumn. If you've got any questions just let me know :smile:

All the best,
Ashley
I'm going to put surrey as my firm for sure! Going to be studying Biotechnology, really hope i get the grades.
Original post by ThinWhiteDuck
I'm going to put surrey as my firm for sure! Going to be studying Biotechnology, really hope i get the grades.

Great to hear that you're firming Surrey @ThinWhiteDuck! :biggrin:

Fingers crossed we'll be seeing you this autumn!

All the best,
Ashley
Reply 8
I'm putting surrey as my firm and I'm going to study criminology. Is the course enjoyable and is it mostly coursework based or exam based. I have another question regarding the accommodation is it worth it to get an en suite room? Thanks.
Original post by Ivzz007
I'm putting surrey as my firm and I'm going to study criminology. Is the course enjoyable and is it mostly coursework based or exam based. I have another question regarding the accommodation is it worth it to get an en suite room? Thanks.

Hey @Ivzz007,

Great to hear that you're firming Surrey! :smile:

With regards to the course, I'm afraid I'm not sure what the balance between coursework and exams is. I have a friend who studied Criminology and really enjoyed it, but I suppose every person will enjoy different things so I can't say 'yes it's enjoyable' as everyone has different experiences :smile:

With regards to accommodation, I had an ensuite room in halls when I studied at Surrey (2012-2015). I liked having my own bathroom, but plenty of my friends were in Band C or Band B accommodation where they had to share bathrooms and shower rooms. I was over at their halls many times and I never had to wait to use the bathroom. They said that sharing didn't bother them - as everyone's schedules were different, they didn't end up having to wait for a shower very often.

I suppose there are pros and cons to each. For example, with an ensuite bathroom are responsible for cleaning it and buying your own loo roll, whereas in the shared bathrooms a cleaner comes in every couple days to clean it and the loo roll is provided. It's up to your own personal preferences really!

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions :smile:

All the best,
Ashley
Original post by lizziemxox
Hi,

I am going to the University of Surrey (if I get the grades that is!) and basically would like to get to know or talk too anyone else who has is making Surrey their firm choice uni. It might be a long shot but I was kind of hoping to get to know some people BEFORE we actually start. I know I'll make a load of friends the first few weeks but I'd feel better if I knew some people who were actually going.

To be honest I've had the same friendship group through secondary and college, so this will be the first time I'm 'on my own' so getting to know some people beforehand would be great.

And I just like talking to people in general. :P

I chose Surrey as my firm choice and I'm gonna study psychology as well. If you'd like to talk more let me know :smile:
I chose Surrey as my firm so hopefully we'll meet in autumn! Also it'd be nice to know someone already so dm me if you want to talk x :smile:
Chose surrey as my firm for sports and exercise science. Seen no one else that is taking it yet though on here....

Quick Reply