The Student Room Group

UUU into AAA within a month

I am a AS student and currently studying Maths, Physics and Chemistry AS levels. I have been getting E's and U's mostly throughout the year although I started with B's and C's initally but ended up with E and U grades due to no revision.

My sixth form college has clearly now told me if I don't perform well in my mock exams next month I will be made to choose another college course as a back up because they claim if I don't do well in the mocks I won't due well in the actual AS exams later. I want to prove to them that I am a bright student.

If I work very hard every single day for a month can I realistically make the transition for E/U grades to AAA?
Original post by Jeana99
I am a AS student and currently studying Maths, Physics and Chemistry AS levels. I have been getting E's and U's mostly throughout the year although I started with B's and C's initally but ended up with E and U grades due to no revision.

My sixth form college has clearly now told me if I don't perform well in my mock exams next month I will be made to choose another college course as a back up because they claim if I don't do well in the mocks I won't due well in the actual AS exams later. I want to prove to them that I am a bright student.

If I work very hard every single day for a month can I realistically make the transition for E/U grades to AAA?

Frankly, no. To go from UUU to AAA in a month is entirely unrealistic. I'm sure you'll have lots of people tell you that anything is possible with lots of work and they did just the same thing, but in my opinion it's not possible. You can obviously improve your position in a month, but you do need to be realistic about just how far you can go in such little time.
Original post by Jeana99

You could, but you won't.
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
Frankly, no. To go from UUU to AAA in a month is entirely unrealistic. I'm sure you'll have lots of people tell you that anything is possible with lots of work and they did just the same thing, but in my opinion it's not possible. You can obviously improve your position in a month, but you do need to be realistic about just how far you can go in such little time.

My predicted grades are CCC so do you think I can atleast achieve that in a month? I am not very highly concerned about getting an AAA anyway but if I could that would be great. I just want to somehow be able to get onto A2 even if that means CCC. I will do my best there are still about 7/8 weeks for the actual AS exams these are only mocks in the next month and even if I don't do too well in them it won't be a major concern for me as the actual AS exams are late May and early June which
will decide if I stay in sixth form college or not

What do you think I will be able to achieve a CCC in 7/8 weeks for the actual exams if not the mocks?
Original post by Jeana99

Pretty sure AS grades don't count towards A2, but it will probably ruin your predictions for university.

And no, going from knowing absolutely nothing, to being knowledgeable in a subject won't happen in a month.
Original post by Jeana99
My predicted grades are CCC so do you think I can atleast achieve that in a month? I am not very highly concerned about getting an AAA anyway but if I could that would be great. I just want to somehow be able to get onto A2 even if that means CCC. I will do my best there are still about 7/8 weeks for the actual AS exams these are only mocks in the next month and even if I don't do too well in them it won't be a major concern for me as the actual AS exams are late May and early June which
will decide if I stay in sixth form college or not

What do you think I will be able to achieve a CCC in 7/8 weeks for the actual exams if not the mocks?

Impossible to say without knowing your academic past, capability, work ethic etc. But CCC is obviously much more achievable than AAA - still, it's a very big ask.
If your willing to put in serious effort you could possibly reach your target grade of CCC and if you do better in the exam, then that's great. But to focus on trying to jump from UUU to AAA would be unrealistic. So I'd say just focus on your revision and try not to think about the grade so much. Can I ask what subjects your doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Pretty sure AS grades don't count towards A2, but it will probably ruin your predictions for university.

And no, going from knowing absolutely nothing, to being knowledgeable in a subject won't happen in a month.

I don't care about Uni predictions as I am gonna take a gap year anyway so gonna apply after the actual results. I know Maths is the only modular subject and Physics and Chemistry are linear but my college has set internal AS exams and if I don't do well in them they won't think twice before kicking me out. It's not like I know nothing I do listen in class it's just the lack of revision as home. I won't be too upset if the mock grades are low as the AS exams late May and early June will actually decide my future. Do you think a CCC in 2 months is possible if not the unrealistic AAA?
Original post by Jeana99
I don't care about Uni predictions as I am gonna take a gap year anyway so gonna apply after the actual results. I know Maths is the only modular subject and Physics and Chemistry are linear but my college has set internal AS exams and if I don't do well in them they won't think twice before kicking me out. It's not like I know nothing I do listen in class it's just the lack of revision as home. I won't be too upset if the mock grades are low as the AS exams late May and early June will actually decide my future. Do you think a CCC in 2 months is possible if not the unrealistic AAA?

CCC is possible, but seriously, you're gonna have to start revising now
Original post by Jeana99

realistically no. At the end of the day, it depends how you are as an individual and your surroundings. I have a good friend who got BUUU in his AS levels and dropped out of my sixth form. they enrolled in another sixth form, got good grades and he graduated a couple of years ago with a 1st in chem engineering from bradford.
I think it's possible. AAA is a push and a challenge of course, but i'm sure with hard work you can get there. I done mocks in April last year for AS and got DUU, and in May i managed to achieve ABB. Whilst this is still quite far away from AAA, I think DUU-ABB in a month is pretty impressive. As long as you stay focused, prioritise your subjects equally and make sure you do tonnes of exam practice alongside memorisation, I reckon AAA is on the cards :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just focus on learning the content and gaining an understanding of everything first, and the grades come with that.
Original post by Jeana99

Definitely possible! Dont let anyone tell you otherwise. I had my mocks in january/february time and i had EE in both chemistry and maths. i recently had my resit mock results back,which were a completely different paper and i improved to BA, so don't lose hope yet!
Do Late nights
Just do it! :smile:
Original post by 1234567897531
I think it's possible. AAA is a push and a challenge of course, but i'm sure with hard work you can get there. I done mocks in April last year for AS and got DUU, and in May i managed to achieve ABB. Whilst this is still quite far away from AAA, I think DUU-ABB in a month is pretty impressive. As long as you stay focused, prioritise your subjects equally and make sure you do tonnes of exam practice alongside memorisation, I reckon AAA is on the cards :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow !!! That is indeed impressive, Congrats !!😁🥳
Original post by natalia002
Wow !!! That is indeed impressive, Congrats !!😁🥳

thread is 2 years old.
In my AS mocks i got CUU and in the real thing i got ACC
Anything is possible if u work ur socks off just don't give up
Good luck!!
Original post by mnot
thread is 2 years old.

I know, but maybe they'll see it :smile:
Original post by sma****123