The Student Room Group

Customer Service Consultant -HMRC (044R)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aqhsa
They might ask you to give two additional references as my two references didn't respond so they asked me to give them two additional references but due to one responded back after I told them to check their email. I sent 1 additional reference back and they end up spelling my name wrong in the form now I am wondering too hope that does not cause any more issues if so I will send another reference if they ask again.

It's a real pain, they might accept them they might not I doubt they will and if they don't it will just delay the application even more. Will mean giving an additional reference.
Original post by Aqhsa
They might ask you to give two additional references as my two references didn't respond so they asked me to give them two additional references but due to one responded back after I told them to check their email. I sent 1 additional reference back and they end up spelling my name wrong in the form now I am wondering too hope that does not cause any more issues if so I will send another reference if they ask again.

Do they email the referees?
Original post by Nas08

Mine where emailed like many others on here, I think the references are just general enquirys about you, the main form checks and DBS is there main priority.
Reply 483
Original post by Nas08

Yeah they email the referees and just ask what your name is, how long they know you for, if your trustworthy and honest and if their is anything else they would like to say about you and then give their details. Something like that.
Reply 484
Original post by Tompatto93
It's a real pain, they might accept them they might not I doubt they will and if they don't it will just delay the application even more. Will mean giving an additional reference.

Yeah I get what you mean unless your reference email them
back stating they made a mistake in the form.
Mine where emailed like many others on here, I think the references are just general enquirys about you, the main form checks and DBS is there main priority.

Whats the main form check?
Ive had an email saying the bank statement I provided back in January is now over three months old from the current present time despite the statement being the most recent statement I had when interviewed. I did send them a scan of the most current statement however I have recently switched banks and I am so new with the new bank that I can't provide a statement for it. I assume this I see so for payroll for your wages or will they credit check you again? I assume it's ok I guess I've sent the scan of the final statement for the old account and sent a scanned image of my new bank card with the account number and sort code with the big long number along the front edited and scrubbed out.
Original post by Aqhsa
Yeah I get what you mean unless your reference email them
back stating they made a mistake in the form.

I'll just see what happens character refs aren't top prority it's your other checks so they might just overlook it, if not I will submit 2 more it's like there trying to rush everything now as this is the most contact I've had with them since I applied.
Original post by Tommyboy247
Ive had an email saying the bank statement I provided back in January is now over three months old from the current present time despite the statement being the most recent statement I had when interviewed. I did send them a scan of the most current statement however I have recently switched banks and I am so new with the new bank that I can't provide a statement for it. I assume this I see so for payroll for your wages or will they credit check you again? I assume it's ok I guess I've sent the scan of the final statement for the old account and sent a scanned image of my new bank card with the account number and sort code with the big long number along the front edited and scrubbed out.

I dont think they do a credit check on you if they do they advise you on this beforehand
Reply 489
I'll just see what happens character refs aren't top prority it's your other checks so they might just overlook it, if not I will submit 2 more it's like there trying to rush everything now as this is the most contact I've had with them since I applied.

Yeah I feel that too that now they want to rush things they are slowly gradually responding to everyone now as the start date for this job is April 2017 onwards.
So do they carry out credit checks?
Reply 491
Original post by Nas08
Whats the main form check?

The Pre Employment Check of Health Declaration Form, Character Declaration form and Pension Scheme Form.
Original post by Aqhsa
Yeah I feel that too that now they want to rush things they are slowly gradually responding to everyone now as the start date for this job is April 2017 onwards.

It just seems a huge rush now to get stuff done I wouldn't be surprised if they ignore my character ref details and continue, it's coming up to the tax credit renewals April-September and that's there busiest time on the phones so I can imagine they want to get people in and trained hopefully we get formal offers very soon.
Any1 heard anything who recieved the thurs email?
this really is a long process I applied for this job on 30th November 2016
and still waiting on a formal offer
Original post by Fontaine1990

I had a interview on the 12th of jan still no offer of a provisional as yet they do tky the mick

It sure is! I applied on 23rd November so exactly 4 months ago today
Reply 497
Original post by Nas08
I had a interview on the 12th of jan still no offer of a provisional as yet they do tky the mick

Mine was 6th Jan and still waiting for either provisional offer or reserve. There are other civil service roles at the Home Office, local I think I'll apply for.

Yes it's very long! I applied on the 12th December, interview by the 12th Jan, provisional on the 27th Feb, P-e checks email by the 3rd march, and have heard nothing since then.
Both of the people I put down as references got emailed last night. So hoping a start date is a few days away for me now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending