The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Danni_
I called the admissions department on Monday and they said that everyone would hear by the 31st! I really don't know how likely that is though as they've just invited me to interview next Tuesday :eek:

I'm being inviewed next Tuesday too- was really just waiting for them to put me out of my misery! Good luck to you!! :smile:
is anyone still waiting on a decision and was interviewed in January? I am still waiting on a response...
Original post by Biomed146
Hey Guys I had my interview on the 13th December and was wondering if anyone else is in the same position with regards to waiting for about 4 months now?

I am still in this position... I was interviewed in early January...
Reply 2763
Original post by mannysidmann
is anyone still waiting on a decision and was interviewed in January? I am still waiting on a response...

Yup here here
me, I felt it was my worst one, and it is my only hope now... but oh well, I've just been applying to masters programmes around the world atm...

Original post by Lostperson
Anyone felt their interview went terrible ? 😬

Still waiting from the 13th of December!

I did mine on 8 December
Original post by HungryTortoise
I'm being inviewed next Tuesday too- was really just waiting for them to put me out of my misery! Good luck to you!! :smile:

When did you find out about your interview?
Original post by futuremedic2017
I did mine on 8 December

I had mine on the 7th December, not really funny any more
Original post by hanacigoj
When did you find out about your interview?

Last Friday, the 17th! Not much time to tell my work which was a bit annoying, but at least it is an interview! :biggrin:
Anyone felt their interview went terrible ? 😬

Me... I felt that it was my worst interview and waiting for a rejection. Or maybe I'll just withdraw my application as I've already received offers from the Unis I'm considering as my firm and insurance.
Ah least you have offers gaha --- this is my last hope and even that , it's so bleak.

Don't worry! I hope that you'll receive an offer soon :smile:
Original post by hanacigoj
Did you get rejected or is your application still being processed?

Nope I got a rejection pre interview a few weeks ago
Seems like King's have stopped giving offers until these interviews are done. I guess we're in the "maybe" pile and it depends on how these interviewees perform/how many people withdraw From King's.
Ah least you have offers gaha --- this is my last hope and even that , it's so bleak.

I'm in the same boat. Kings is my last hope after 3 rejections and I can feel another rejection coming as a result of my interview which I don't feel went great.
Original post by Hormonal
Seems like King's have stopped giving offers until these interviews are done. I guess we're in the "maybe" pile and it depends on how these interviewees perform/how many people withdraw From King's.

If no rejections have gone out, then that means no score cut-off has been made yet that's all. Withdrawing from King's or firming/insuring won't have any effect on the number of target offers King's has. If any extra one should open up this way then they get given out in May.
Original post by studentsixth
If no rejections have gone out, then that means no score cut-off has been made yet that's all. Withdrawing from King's or firming/insuring won't have any effect on the number of target offers King's has. If any extra one should open up this way then they get given out in May.

Obviously this is just speculation but what do you think is going on? Have they given offers to the top 25% now and are waiting until all interviews are over so that they can set a cut-off or what?
Original post by StationToStation
Obviously this is just speculation but what do you think is going on? Have they given offers to the top 25% now and are waiting until all interviews are over so that they can set a cut-off or what?

From previous years, they've always given out offers to the top 10% of interview scores very quickly. Most people in the middle end up waiting until mid march until the cut-off is made and then there is a mass rejection day. I'm assuming that the scores may be currently too sporadic for them to be completely confident in where the cut-off is so they're now waiting for all the interviews to be finished before giving out the rest of the decisions.
From previous years, they've always given out offers to the top 10% of interview scores very quickly. Most people in the middle end up waiting until mid march until the cut-off is made and then there is a mass rejection day. I'm assuming that the scores may be currently too sporadic for them to be completely confident in where the cut-off is so they're now waiting for all the interviews to be finished before giving out the rest of the decisions.

Do you know how many interviews/offers there are?

Ah ok thanks! Do you think there are many offers to be given out or will the vast majority be rejections?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending