The Student Room Group

Acces to Nursing Online Course

Hello everyone :smile: I am just about to start my access to nursing course with Distance Learning Center (and my Maths and English GCSE to get up to a C or above) I was juts wondering/hoping there would be someone else doing it online or if people could give me some advice. I am incredibly excited to be on this path finally (and nervous) just hoping to maybe make some friends doing a similar thing to me and get some support.

Hope to speak to you soon! Amanda :smile:
I've completed the Access to HE Nursing with DLC and am now at university studying Adult Nursing.

The DLC give you very little support so you need to motivate yourself and do loads of research yourself. It is possible, I got nearly all distinctions. Work out your deadline date that you have to get the course finished by and set yourself a timetable, and most importantly stick rigidly to that timetable. I used to give myself one week to read their paperwork and 2 weeks to complete the assignment.

You will need to research subjects on the internet as the information that DLC give you is not sufficient. There are some good reliable websites such as Boundless and BBC, and Khan Academy do some useful YouTube videos.

Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by NurseWarde
Hello everyone :smile: I am just about to start my access to nursing course with Distance Learning Center (and my Maths and English GCSE to get up to a C or above) I was juts wondering/hoping there would be someone else doing it online or if people could give me some advice. I am incredibly excited to be on this path finally (and nervous) just hoping to maybe make some friends doing a similar thing to me and get some support.

Hope to speak to you soon! Amanda :smile:

Hi how are you getting on? I'm thinking of doing this however not sure if I'm going to go with learn direct or dlc x

Quick Reply

Latest