[QUOTE="Surgeon;69735890" The="The" Sikh="Sikh"]
Original post by kaffeka

Your gcses are great for manchester!

Good choices! I've already applied for 2017 entry:
Manchester
Leicester
Liverpool
HYMS

Good luckkkkk,😁 Have you received any interviews / offers if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by kaffeka

Good luckkkkk,😁 Have you received any interviews / offers if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!

Yh ive received interviews from them all and an offer from HYMS :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
[QUOTE="Surgeon;69738164" The="The" Sikh="Sikh"]
Original post by kaffeka

Thanks!

Yh ive received interviews from them all and an offer from HYMS :biggrin:

WELL DONE!!!!!
Do you reckon my grades are good for HYMS?
Also may I ask your stats if you don't mind? :smile:
Original post by kaffeka

WELL DONE!!!!!
Do you reckon my grades are good for HYMS?
Also may I ask your stats if you don't mind? :smile:

Yes they are but you need to do well in your ukcat as both hyms and manchester are ukcat heavy universities.

Manchester have a ukcat cut off at the 60th-70th percentile for interview

HYMS scored the following for 2017 entry:
Top 8 gcses (30 points)
Ukcat score (30 points)
Sjt band (15 points)

My stats
Gcse: 7A* 2A 1B 1C
As levels: AAAA
Predictions: A*A*A*
Ukcat: 663 band 2
Original post by The Sikh Surgeon

Yes they are but you need to do well in your ukcat as both hyms and manchester are ukcat heavy universities.

Manchester have a ukcat cut off at the 60th-70th percentile for interview

HYMS scored the following for 2017 entry:
Top 8 gcses (30 points)
Ukcat score (30 points)
Sjt band (15 points)

My stats
As levels: AAAA
Predictions: A*A*A*
Ukcat: 663 band 2

Thanks for the information. I'm going to start practising for the UKCAT in February so I can be prepared.
Original post by kaffeka
Thanks for the information. I'm going to start practising for the UKCAT in February so I can be prepared.

Yh you can start familiarising yourself with the test but try concentrating on your a levels for now as you will have the summer holidays to practice also.

And try booking your test for August because you tend to do better.
Yh you can start familiarising yourself with the test but try concentrating on your a levels for now as you will have the summer holidays to practice also.

And try booking your test for August because you tend to do better.

Thank you for all the help 😁
Original post by kaffeka
Thank you for all the help 😁

Np 😊
Good luck 👍🏽
Awesome! :smile:

Your gcses are fine for manchester.

Where else are you thinking of applying?

Thanks. I havent really cancelled any unis down yet. Still thinking where to apply.
Original post by Medicine Maniac
Thanks. I havent really cancelled any unis down yet. Still thinking where to apply.

Ah okay cool
Hey guys,

I know it's super duper early but i thought i'd set this up so that anyone who is hoping to apply for medicine at manchester this year can discuss any issues or get advice from fellow TSRians!

Now remember Manchester is PBL and supports your learning through lectures, early clinical placements, simulation sessions, anatomy dissection etc...

Also Manchester is a UKCAT heavy university. They have a UKCAT cut off for interview usually around the 60th - 70th percentile so you need to do well in your UKCAT!

So we can start by posting some stats...

If anyone has any questions about manchester please post them... i might be able to answer some as i have already done some research into this university :smile:

Hey , I like the look of Manchester but got 11A's at GCSE. Do you think I could get in without any A*'s?
Original post by questionable_123
Hey , I like the look of Manchester but got 11A's at GCSE. Do you think I could get in without any A*'s?

Hey,

Your GCSEs are well above the 5 A/A* requirement meaning you meet the entry requirements.

All you need to do now for an interview is get a good UKCAT score and write a decent NAI form :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
I got 627/Band 1 and manchester gave me an offer for medicine a100 last week
Hey

Your gcses are well above the 5 A/A* requirement!

I got 663 and band 2
I used the 1000Q isc book and medify
The cut off this year was 653 so i was just above :smile:. Also Manchester do not take the SJT band score into account.

Yes i got an interview :biggrin:

And btw i won't be reapplying this year as i received an offer from Hull York Medical School but i'm still here to give advice! :tongue:

Hey

Your gcses are well above the 5 A/A* requirement!

I got 663 and band 2
I used the 1000Q isc book and medify
The cut off this year was 653 so i was just above :smile:. Also Manchester do not take the SJT band score into account.

Yes i got an interview :biggrin:

And btw i won't be reapplying this year as i received an offer from Hull York Medical School but i'm still here to give advice! :tongue:
Original post by justpreeingg
I got 627/Band 1 and manchester gave me an offer for medicine a100 last week

Congrats!!!! I got an offer too :biggrin:
You will have been eligible for a lower UKCAT cut off because you live in an under performing area and went to an under performing high school

Will you be firming it?:smile:
Congrats!!!! I got an offer too :biggrin:
You will have been eligible for a lower UKCAT cut off because you live in an under performing area and went to an under performing high school

Will you be firming it?:smile:

Yeah that makes sense and i've firmed it so im just looking for accomadation and trying to get the grades wbu?
Original post by justpreeingg
Yeah that makes sense and i've firmed it so im just looking for accomadation and trying to get the grades wbu?

Ah nice! Ive firmed it too! :biggrin:
But im stayin at home (for first year atleast)
And yh we jus gotta get these grades now :h:

Hi, hopeful applicant for 2019/2020 entry here (ive been thinking about a gap year). im sure im eligible for a lower ukcat score in manc as im a part of their manchester access programme and will probably receive a contextual flag. but just how important is it? Im really nervous, i dont know how to practise for it and i only have the 600 ukcat book as of now. My date for the exam is end of august so will practising a month earlier be helpful? How much practise do you need? like how many hours etc.

International Student applying for medicine 2018 entry.

IGCSE's - 7A* - 1A - 1B (First Language English)

UKCAT - Total 2650, average 663

VR - 560 (just like most students, it was hell long and complicated)
DM - 650
QR - 830
AR - 610

SJT - Band 3 (This disappointed me the most because I scored Band 2 in all my Medify mocks)

I'm still grateful for all that I got since it could've been worse, who knows. Would love to have suggestions of my chances of making it to medical schools (considering I get good A level grades).

I'm considering these unis to apply to:

1. Queens Mary - Barts
2. St. George's
3. University of Birmingham
4. Kings/Nottingham/Manchester/Sheffield

Advise me guys, esp. those living in the UK since you have more idea than me. Thanks!
Reply 38
For manchester's NAI form, is writing, reading, skincare info and doing youth club/toddler club enough for the hobbies side to it? If anoyone can answer I'd be very appreciative. Thanks
Yh the resources were very useful especially medify. And thanks :h:

I thought it went pretty well. Better than HYMS! 😂 So really hoping for an offer as Manchester is my first choice. I used the ISC Medical Interview book (this is very useful), read current medical news (bbc health) and talked to current medical students and junior doctors for advice.

Haha thanks :smile:

In order of preference, ive applied to:
Manchester
Leicester
Liverpool
HYMS

I've received interviews from them all :biggrin:

I know you've got like 9 months until you apply but what other medical schools are you interested in?

Another thing... make sure you attend the open days in june/july as i had to attend the open days in sept/oct which is when you apply :redface: so it was just a big rush!

Hi I got 660 in my UKCAT today and am devastated everyone has told me to avoid Manchester should I?

Latest

Trending

Trending