The Student Room Group

Amount of revision

My first exam is on the 15th May and i still don't feel like I'm into revision enough, how many hours a day would i need to do to hit my targets of A's and B's?
Reply 1
I'm in the same boat. I have 4 modules for uni to revise for on the 15th, 19th, 25th and 26th. I feel quite underprepared. No one can say how much many hours. It depends on the individual. Just work as hard as you can and your sure to reach your target.
Reply 2
Original post by David B
I'm in the same boat. I have 4 modules for uni to revise for on the 15th, 19th, 25th and 26th. I feel quite underprepared. No one can say how much many hours. It depends on the individual. Just work as hard as you can and your sure to reach your target.

Thanks!
Original post by SophBurn
My first exam is on the 15th May and i still don't feel like I'm into revision enough, how many hours a day would i need to do to hit my targets of A's and B's?

I understand how you feel. I'm in year 11 and its my first exam is also 15th May. It all depends on what stage you feel you are at. Personally, I'm so behind the scheme of work in every subject, so I revise for about 4 hours every school day and about 6-8 hours on the weekend :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by penelope.v
I understand how you feel. I'm in year 11 and its my first exam is also 15th May. It all depends on what stage you feel you are at. Personally, I'm so behind the scheme of work in every subject, so I revise for about 4 hours every school day and about 6-8 hours on the weekend :smile:

Yeh, it just seems like i have a billion things to do and only a few weeks to do them:s-smilie: but i guess I'm not the only Year 11 that feels like that:smile:
Yeh, it just seems like i have a billion things to do and only a few weeks to do them:s-smilie: but i guess I'm not the only Year 11 that feels like that:smile:

I would say 4 hours a day is a bit over kill, do like 2 hours a day then 4 hours on Saturday and Sunday. You will probably get straight a's.
Original post by Ryanthom100
I would say 4 hours a day is a bit over kill, do like 2 hours a day then 4 hours on Saturday and Sunday. You will probably get straight a's.

Then again, if your doing the new GCSE's then do 3 hours a day because apparently they are a lot harder. I did mine last year and did ok.
Reply 7

Well, on saturday and sundays i recommend 5 hours, and monday to friday 3 hours. Perhaps that may be a lot, well at the end of the day do what is manageable for you.
Reply 8
Original post by amypops
Well, on saturday and sundays i recommend 5 hours, and monday to friday 3 hours. Perhaps that may be a lot, well at the end of the day do what is manageable for you.

Yeh 3-5 hours sounds manageable enough:smile:

what you aiming to get in your gcses

It depends on how you work, in the end.

Basically: however long you need to work to absorb the content in time.

My first exam is also on the 15th of May.
And I'm struggling with revision as I have the books infront of me and I just sit there and look at them and don't actually revise.. I really need to start motivating myself to revise more..:s-smilie:.

6-8 hours each day? x
how many english literature practice essays should i do as part of my revision?! i am freaking out!
Reply 14
Firstly, suggesting you study n-hours a day is pointless. It completely depends on you.

You may be fine with 1 hour a day, you may need 7 hours a day. Find out what works best for you.

How long do you usually prepare? how well has that worked? you know yourself, just work however long you feel is needed.

I've had run up to exams where I've only revised the day before for 12 hours, and times where I revise well in advance. Find out what works best for you.
Original post by ?Hannah?
6-8 hours each day? x

6-8 hours a day would get u a*'s
Original post by ?Hannah?
6-8 hours each day? x

Yeah I currently do 6-8 hours of revision on the weekends as I'm very behind the scheme of work. If you are only revising one or two subjects, I would say 1.5 hours of each would be good.

Quick Reply

Latest