The Student Room Group

One third of young French Muslims think terrorism is acceptable, poll finds

http://www.la-croix.com/France/Exclusion/La-tentation-radicalite-chez-jeunes-musulmans-banlieue-2017-03-20-1200833366

Use google translate if you don't understand.

The minority seems to be a lot bigger than we think.

Scroll to see replies

High schools in sensitive urban areas are overrepresented in this survey
Reply 2
Original post by adin.23

And this changes what? Even if, still horrible.

Inb4 - "not true Muslims".
Original post by _Fergo

Obviously its still horrible, but they are Kids who get radicalised easily
Original post by adin.23

And these kids are still residents of Europe.
Reply 5
Original post by adin.23

Which is why parents are failing their children (assuming they don't condone terrorism themselves).
Original post by _Fergo

Well you would prefer your sample to be representative or if it was bias towards inner city schools then it should make that clear.

Dunno whether you cna say no true muslims, but they are children aged 14-16. You tend not to be the world deepest thinkers at that age. It would be more alarming if it was 19-24 year olds imo or 18-35..
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
Well you would prefer your sample to be representative or if it was bias towards inner city schools then it should make that clear.

Dunno whether you cna say no true muslims, but they are children aged 14-16. You tend not to be the world deepest thinkers at that age. It would be more alarming if it was 19-24 year olds imo or 18-35..

The point is, biased or not, the percentage is horrendous. Even if it only included the most peripheral areas.

And? Kids at the ages of 14-16 are very much capable of thinking. Even if that were not the case, it would be very alarming as to how these kids are brought up.
(edited 7 years ago)
I think the important thing to remember is all behaviours are merely symptoms of our environment, and there's no such thing as biology. What was social engineered into them can be socially engineered out of them and progressivism will see to that for us; get it?

That's how life works, people respond to technocratic intervention by anti-liberal elitists, and their 'guidance', to learn how to live as they're supposed to live - the 'progressive' way. There is such a thing as 'liberal Islam', and it will be a positive, life-affirming force in the west. What's more, I don't think we should stop at 20,000 refugees, I think we should import at least 5 million Islamic single males to test our 'progressive' credentials.

It's also worth remembering that anyone who isn't a white man is a natural ally of the feminist; the 'white man' is the 'new bourgeoisie' and anything other than a 'white male' majority is obviously worth having. So when it all goes to **** who really cares? At least we'll have got rid of the evil white males.
(edited 7 years ago)
People, people when are you going to learn.

Facts are now irrelevant.
Original post by _Fergo
The point is, biased or note, the percentage is horrendous. Even if it only included the most peripheral areas.

And? Kids at the ages of 14-16 are very much capable of thinking. Even if that were not the case, it would be very alarming as to how these kids are brought up.

Im not dismissing it, just saying I like to get a fair picture and see the data in that light. lets say its just inner city schools then its a high number and hey should look into it as to why. They might be capable of thinking but not thinking through. Bit like TSR you often see people suggesting killing, banning and wiping people out as solutions.

The headline would be more accurate if it said 1/3 of French Muslim schoolchildren aged 14-16 in inner city schools etc
Original post by JohnGreek
Are you sure that age would increase thoughtfulness and moderation? I remember myself being a fairly rational individual at the age of 15 - people tend to underestimate your understanding of the world and/or your mental capacity at that age.

I think you think things through more as you get older and you dont understand everything at 14-16. Thought that was the difference between a child and an adult. Theres a lot of resentment and anger against the police, authority and haves in deprived inner city schools. I guess we will find out what % of kids actually resort to terrorism.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Mathemagicien
33% of the Muslims consider it "acceptable" to "participate in violent actions for his ideas" and are likely to "face the police" one day - not explicitly justifying terrorism, although I will concede that many other studies have shown a large minority more explicitly justifying Islamic terrorism.

However, Muslims made up 25% of the sample, and 25% of people overall agreed with this statement - that means that around 22% of non-Muslims agreed with the statement.

Note that around 35% of French youth of the same demoraphic support Front National - so upwards of 40% of non-Muslim French youth support Front National. It clearly isn't just the muslims who are increasingly violent.

1) Muslims are more likely to support terrorism than non-Muslims, the polls shows.
2) Supprting Front National has nothing to do with anything in this post.
I think you think things through more as you get older and you dont understand everything at 14-16. Thought that was the difference between a child and an adult. Theres a lot of resentment and anger against the police, authority and haves in deprived inner city schools. I guess we will find out what % of kids actually resort to terrorism.

The maniac who ran over French school children and knifed an unarmed copper was in his 50's. This kind of lunacy is not a factor of age or maturity.

It is a product of a subset of a discrete civilisation and way of thinking to most of us. Whether seventeen or seventy.
Original post by astutehirstute
The maniac who ran over French school children and knifed an unarmed copper was in his 50's. This kind of lunacy is not a factor of age or maturity.

It is a product of a subset of a discrete civilisation and way of thinking to most of us. Whether seventeen or seventy.

Have to disagree.
I take the opinion of a child differently to that of an adult.
Original post by Trapz99
1) Muslims are more likely to support terrorism than non-Muslims, the polls shows.
2) Supprting Front National has nothing to do with anything in this post.

But wouldnt that have to be the case because those communities see themselves as disenfranchised completely from the political system.
Original post by Trapz99
http://www.la-croix.com/France/Exclusion/La-tentation-radicalite-chez-jeunes-musulmans-banlieue-2017-03-20-1200833366

Use google translate if you don't understand.

The minority seems to be a lot bigger than we think.

A similar result happened with young British muslims a decade ago and similar results happened in America and Belgium.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adin.23

The article warns that the sample is biased and shouldn't represent the entire population.
Reply 18
But wouldnt that have to be the case because those communities see themselves as disenfranchised completely from the political system.

I'm not trying to explain why this is the case, I'm just saying that this is the case. Currently, the poll shows that Muslims are more likely to support terrorism. I'm not speculating on the reasons behind that
Original post by Trapz99
I'm not trying to explain why this is the case, I'm just saying that this is the case. Currently, the poll shows that Muslims are more likely to support terrorism. I'm not speculating on the reasons behind that

Muslim schoolchildren aged between 14-16 from inner city areas is more accurate. If you just say muslims then that looks like all muslims.

Perhaps they are like the wayward Pines kids, although the older ones were the real enforcers.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest