The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Roommate requests

I recently applied to study at Salford University in Manchester and I booked my accommodation through Campus Living Villages (CLV). When I did this, it gave the option to create a screen name and a short biography so that potential roommates could get to know you. I did all this and browsed through a few people who had booked before me. Since the day I actually did that, I haven't been able to access that again, so I keep receiving emails about roommate requests and such but I have no way to view them or accept them, no matter how hard I try and search. The emails just say to log into the portal, so I log in, but there's nothing on the page that indicates to a request or an account of any kind. If I can't access it, I won't be able to accept any requests and I'll most likely get housed with people I won't get along with.
If you log into your account there should be a tab saying "Application", click that. Then you select your application (check the green circle)and press "Save & Continue at the bottom of the page, and you'll get back into the application you filled in. It should bring up roommate requests straight away :smile:

Also which accomm are you staying at? I'm at John Lester/Eddie Colman!
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by MuckyBadger
If you log into your account there should be a tab saying "Application", click that. Then you select your application (check the green circle)and press "Save & Continue at the bottom of the page, and you'll get back into the application you filled in. It should bring up roommate requests straight away :smile:

Also which accomm are you staying at? I'm at John Lester/Eddie Colman!

I'll be staying there too in September lol

I found the roommate requests (thanks) but I dont really understand it all. Don't you have to choose a room before you can send requests anyway? So if everyone is already assigned to a room how do we manage to share?
Original post by lys0499
I'll be staying there too in September lol

I found the roommate requests (thanks) but I dont really understand it all. Don't you have to choose a room before you can send requests anyway? So if everyone is already assigned to a room how do we manage to share?

Ah cool, I'm in JC Floor 8! Where are you?

Yeah, I asked when I rang up a few days ago, if you send someone a request and you've got a room assigned they will be able to choose to move into your flat. I guess if both have rooms assigned it will give you both the options to move?
Reply 4
Original post by MuckyBadger
Ah cool, I'm in JC Floor 8! Where are you?

Yeah, I asked when I rang up a few days ago, if you send someone a request and you've got a room assigned they will be able to choose to move into your flat. I guess if both have rooms assigned it will give you both the options to move?

I got an empty room when I booked it and I got a request the other day, and I sent one today, but I checked my room again and it said 2 other people had already booked the room I had so I didn't even get chance to choose anyway? If the others who sent the request have full rooms as well, there won't really be any way for us to be roommates will there? I don't think they quite thought this system through properly.
Reply 5
Original post by lys0499
I recently applied to study at Salford University in Manchester and I booked my accommodation through Campus Living Villages (CLV). When I did this, it gave the option to create a screen name and a short biography so that potential roommates could get to know you. I did all this and browsed through a few people who had booked before me. Since the day I actually did that, I haven't been able to access that again, so I keep receiving emails about roommate requests and such but I have no way to view them or accept them, no matter how hard I try and search. The emails just say to log into the portal, so I log in, but there's nothing on the page that indicates to a request or an account of any kind. If I can't access it, I won't be able to accept any requests and I'll most likely get housed with people I won't get along with.

How can I make my profile for roommates I have already booked my room though for peelpark

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending