The Student Room Group

UAL or NTU???

I'm stuck on deciding which university to choose, I will be studying animation and liked both uni's but felt the course at UAL looked pretty bad from the student work I've seen. The course at Nottingham is a newer course and there are no graduates from it so I'm also sceptical about that. I have always wanted to go to uni in London and feel I will fit in there but I have a gut feeling about NTU due to the course at London (although they do many live projects within the industry),

if you've done either course or have any advice id appreciate it:smile:
Original post by katej12
I'm stuck on deciding which university to choose, I will be studying animation and liked both uni's but felt the course at UAL looked pretty bad from the student work I've seen. The course at Nottingham is a newer course and there are no graduates from it so I'm also sceptical about that. I have always wanted to go to uni in London and feel I will fit in there but I have a gut feeling about NTU due to the course at London (although they do many live projects within the industry),

if you've done either course or have any advice id appreciate it:smile:

Hi katej12,

It's great that you're considering studying at NTU! If you're interested in checking out some of our students' work then our showreel showcases the different styles and projects that you could be working on (BA (Hons) Animation students showreel).

If you want to hear from one of our Animation students then have a read of one of our student stories, like Esmeralda;

"We have 30 brand new Cintiq touch drawing screens, solely for our course other universities don't have as many and they tend to be shared with other courses. We have access to a great store where we can book out industry-standard kit, such as photography and video equipment, at no cost to us. We also have a brand new all-purpose film studio with a greenscreen wall and industry lighting that's right next to our studio space."

Nottingham is a great place to live as a student and someone passionate about art! Nottingham's arts scene is thriving with galleries and exhibitions happening throughout the city. Whether that's our very own Bonington Gallery here on the City Campus, or the internationally recognised Nottingham Contemporary, that has featured work by David Hockney, Frances Stark, Mark Leckey, and Huang Yong Ping.

Have you visited NTU yet? We have an open day coming up on Wednesday 26 April and you'll be able to meet our staff and students, and get a real sense of what it's like to study Animation at NTU.

Hope this helps, katej12, let me know if you have anymore questions :smile:

Tim - NTU TSR Rep
Reply 2
I have an unconditional offer but I missed the first application for accommodation. I know it opens again tomorrow and was wondering how fast it will fill up as I would like to get good accommodation when I've made my decision?

Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi katej12,

It's great that you're considering studying at NTU! If you're interested in checking out some of our students' work then our showreel showcases the different styles and projects that you could be working on (BA (Hons) Animation students showreel).

If you want to hear from one of our Animation students then have a read of one of our student stories, like Esmeralda;

"We have 30 brand new Cintiq touch drawing screens, solely for our course other universities don't have as many and they tend to be shared with other courses. We have access to a great store where we can book out industry-standard kit, such as photography and video equipment, at no cost to us. We also have a brand new all-purpose film studio with a greenscreen wall and industry lighting that's right next to our studio space."

Nottingham is a great place to live as a student and someone passionate about art! Nottingham's arts scene is thriving with galleries and exhibitions happening throughout the city. Whether that's our very own Bonington Gallery here on the City Campus, or the internationally recognised Nottingham Contemporary, that has featured work by David Hockney, Frances Stark, Mark Leckey, and Huang Yong Ping.

Have you visited NTU yet? We have an open day coming up on Wednesday 26 April and you'll be able to meet our staff and students, and get a real sense of what it's like to study Animation at NTU.

Hope this helps, katej12, let me know if you have anymore questions :smile:

Tim - NTU TSR Rep
Original post by katej12
I have an unconditional offer but I missed the first application for accommodation. I know it opens again tomorrow and was wondering how fast it will fill up as I would like to get good accommodation when I've made my decision?

Hi katej12,

You are correct, the accommodation booking system reopens tomorrow morning at 7:30am. You'll need to firm NTU as your first choice with UCAS in order to get your login details for the accommodation booking system, this takes around 48 hours to process - so I would suggest doing that as soon as possible!

We don't really know how fast the accommodation will book up, but we suggest having a number of different options because our most popular residences do go like hot cakes!

Hope this helps :smile:

Tim - NTU TSR Rep
which school did you end up choosing? Im in the exact same position (with animation) but wanting to start September 2018. UAL and NTU are my top 2 choices. Did you get good accommodation where ever you are?
UAL and NTU are also my two top choices. Which one did you choose as I can't decide which one.

Quick Reply

Latest