The Student Room Group

Urgent! Job offer at Sainsbury's

Hi there,
I've been offered a job at Sainsbury's as counter assistant, 12 hours a week and the hours are pretty good for me.
However, I'm in a sticky situation as the Sainsbury's is in my university town, of which I'll be leaving in mid June to go home for the summer. My job at Sainsbury's depends on whether I can work over the summer and obviously I cannot live in my university town over the summer, as its expensive for a bnb and the rent for my house next year doesn't start until September.
My hometown where I will spend the summer is not commutable, it's 3 hours away. This job is literally perfect for me but the only snag is the summer part, any advice? Particularly from those who worked at Sainsburys before.
I understand it's unfair on the management to swan off for the summer, so I can see why they want you there, is it possible to transfer my job for the summer months to Norwich? (my hometown)
Any advice appreciated.
Can you not extend the rent for your house?
If they want you to work over summer i'd say that would be a pretty big part of you keeping the job or not..
Reply 2
Original post by simonhksc
Hi there,
I've been offered a job at Sainsbury's as counter assistant, 12 hours a week and the hours are pretty good for me.
However, I'm in a sticky situation as the Sainsbury's is in my university town, of which I'll be leaving in mid June to go home for the summer. My job at Sainsbury's depends on whether I can work over the summer and obviously I cannot live in my university town over the summer, as its expensive for a bnb and the rent for my house next year doesn't start until September.
My hometown where I will spend the summer is not commutable, it's 3 hours away. This job is literally perfect for me but the only snag is the summer part, any advice? Particularly from those who worked at Sainsburys before.
I understand it's unfair on the management to swan off for the summer, so I can see why they want you there, is it possible to transfer my job for the summer months to Norwich? (my hometown)
Any advice appreciated.

Sainsburys are quite accepting of student situtations like this, explain it to them and they might let you have the summer off
Explain and see if the store in home town can take you during the summer. I got a colleague at work who went home from Christmas and work in his home store over the holiday. It's definitely possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending