The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5840
Original post by AR_95
Why should they? They're free to do what they want outside of the ring as long as it's in private. Paige is the victim here if anything.

Wasn't saying they should?
Reply 5841
Oh, and Bad Blood is returning in July. RAW-brand PPV.
Original post by Mackay
Wasn't saying they should?

Yh I was just voicing my opinion. Wasn't accusing you of saying anything haha
Reply 5843
Original post by AR_95
Yh I was just voicing my opinion. Wasn't accusing you of saying anything haha

Paige's mum's tweets broke my heart tbh. So sad
Finished The Rock's book - hope this rumoured second book of his is just as enthralling as this first edition was. I didn't keep up pace with the kayfabe stuff as much but hearing the stories about his old man confronting Rock's teenage bullies and his father's subsequent alcohol battles etc was heart-warming. Bret Hart's book is the best one I've read, however Rock's is in second place in front of Jericho's second book (incidentally, how many books does that dude have, churns them out unnecessarily for me!)
Original post by Mackay
Oh, and Bad Blood is returning in July. RAW-brand PPV.

Great ... a show called Bad Blood that won't be allowed to feature any blood.

At least MITB is now a SmackDown PPV which will prevent Raw from ruining it.
Reply 5846
The draft will probably happen the night after MITB, I expect.
Would rather there be no draft show, or at worst one every few years. Having loads of people switch sides each year makes the split meaningless after a few years. But if they had side-switching as just via trades and 'contracts' expiring, they could solve problems as they come, like for example trading Sasha Banks for American Alpha. Suddenly SD has less of a cluster**** while Raw has a face tag team, and Raw can freshen up their women's division while Smackdown gets some much needed face and heel star power in a division that's almost entirely heels.

Rather than still not even knowing what they're going to do a week before WrestleMania, and panicing as soon as something changes, like Mickie signing long-term or Naomi getting injured.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5848
Original post by ozzyoscy
Would rather there be no draft show, or at worst one every few years. Having loads of people switch sides each year makes the split meaningless after a few years. But if they had side-switching as just via trades and 'contracts' expiring, they could solve problems as they come, like for example trading Sasha Banks for American Alpha. Suddenly SD has less of a cluster**** while Raw has a face tag team, and Raw can freshen up their women's division while Smackdown gets some much needed face and heel star power in a division that's almost entirely heels.

Rather than still not even knowing what they're going to do a week before WrestleMania, and panicing as soon as something changes, like Mickie signing long-term or Naomi getting injured.

The thing that's screaming out to me, though, is the severe lack of babyfaces on SmackDown. John Cena is taking extensive time off post-Mania, so who does that leave?

They could make AJ a babyface - which would be the right call - but Dean Ambrose is stale as a babyface, and needs a heel turn, and Randy Orton has always been better heel. I'd actually like the Miz to turn face personally, because there's a raft of heels: Bray Wyatt, the Miz, AJ Styles, Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler etc etc.
The 'who can beat Goldberg/Lesnar?' situation is easy to solve. There is one man: GRADOBERG

(1:10 is when **** gets real)

Sign him onto Raw and push him to the moon, that'll sort the show out.

WrestleMania entrance with Madonna = ratings

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5850
Reply 5851
A good go-home episode of RAW before WrestleMania, but there were a few disappointments: namely the announcement of the Cruiserweight Championship match being on the pre-show. We saw Austin Aries defeat Noam Dar in a good bout for which Neville was on commentary, before the champion himself beat Jack Gallagher later in the night. It's a shame, really, because it's a great, great match potentially and I am honestly of the opinion it will steal the show.

There were some interesting developments in the tag arena, too, with Enzo and Cass, Sheamus and Cesaro and Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows clashing with ladders. WWE likes having a ladder match at WM, so will we see their three-way feud be a ladder match? If so, I'm very excited. That'll be a great, fun bout, full of high spots and good action, and I'd also be very tempted to say we could see a Hardy Boyz appearance. But maybe that's wishful thinking.

I think it's odd the Andre the Giant Memorial Trophy Battle Royal hasn't been showcased more. We saw an over-the-top rope challenge on Monday night (a complete waste of time) featuring Jinder Mahal, Bo Dallas and The Shining Stars, Goldust, R-Truth, Curtis Axel and Braun Strowman. The latter refused to enter the ring, instead waiting to face Show at Mania. I mean, Show deserves a good spot on the card, he's in the shape of his life, and he deserves a fitting farewell on the big stage, but what a waste of Strowman. Likewise, Sami Zayn entered the contest too - a complete waste of his talents, not to mention Samoa Joe's (I thought we were heading to a singles contest between the pair at Mania) after he pinned a distracted Kevin Owens after the match of the night, which saw the duo brawl and violence erupt. It was almost a PPV-esque match-up, and Zayn got the pin when Chris Jericho and Samoa Joe clashed to distract him.

There were other high spots, mostly centred around talking: Seth Rollins and Triple H's feud got more personal, with the former signing a Hold Harmless agreement to make their match at Mania that bit tastier (I'm worried, though, that WWE's 50/50 booking means HHH is going over after Rollins stood tall following the Game's attempted attack), and Roman Reigns (who teased a heel turn YET AGAIN) clashing with the Undertaker on the mic. Reigns as a heel is just money waiting to be made. He's born for that role, and really, we've seen time and time again how a great babyface can only be a great babyface once they've been a heel. Seeing The Undertaker materialise in the ring was just spine-tingling, and I think their bout could steal the show come Sunday. The lasting image was Goldberg spearing Brock Lesnar, in a defining moment pre-WM. Surely, he'll relinquish the belt Sunday. He has to. Paul Heyman's promo was sterling beforehand, as ever.

The night started with a fantastic tag team bout, which saw Nia Jax stand tall after she delivered blows to Charlotte, Sasha Banks and Bayley. The match this weekend is an Elimination Fatal 4-Way, so it makes sense for Bayley to pin the two heels before Banks turns heel and costs her the championship, thus strengthening her position as an underdog champion.
Watched the Youtube catch up clips but even reading the report, it seemed a fairly standard end with nothing major to shout about. Ending of the final segment suggests Lesnar will be going over like we all know but a brawl might have better built anticipation than a solitary spear.

It's the match primarily I'm interested in so not expecting it to be long although I do think it'll be around 15mins plus 5min for the entrances etc. WWE might want to make it a shoot style MMA battle or just an out-right brawl with both men using the surroundings incorporated into the match.

Reigns/Taker was meh, fully expected shenanigans and HHH/Rollins seemed a tad weak. I don't see Rollins winning as he's not fully fit I'd imagine thus extending the feud to carry on during the year.
Reply 5853
Original post by Aky786UK
Watched the Youtube catch up clips but even reading the report, it seemed a fairly standard end with nothing major to shout about. Ending of the final segment suggests Lesnar will be going over like we all know but a brawl might have better built anticipation than a solitary spear.

It's the match primarily I'm interested in so not expecting it to be long although I do think it'll be around 15mins plus 5min for the entrances etc. WWE might want to make it a shoot style MMA battle or just an out-right brawl with both men using the surroundings incorporated into the match.

Reigns/Taker was meh, fully expected shenanigans and HHH/Rollins seemed a tad weak. I don't see Rollins winning as he's not fully fit I'd imagine thus extending the feud to carry on during the year.

To be honest, the Reigns/Taker segment may have been my favourite of the year, bar the Festival of Friendship. Reigns cut a heel promo, make no mistake, and he was excellent. He thrived. Get him heel, WWE. Get him heel.
Reply 5854
Well, a thoroughly un-entertaining go-home show for SmackDown. The opening segment was smart, AJ Styles really shining on the mic against Shane O'Mac and reminding him he's the best wrestler on Earth. Shane put him over as it, too, but the dynamic is still odd: Styles is essentially the heel, but he was robbed of a WWE Championship opportunity at WM33. I feel a face turn is coming for AJ. Likewise, the dynamic between Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton is odd, too. Sure, Orton's the babyface - but is he? He burned down Wyatt's "house", apparently, ffs. Wyatt picked up a win over Luke Harper in a decent main event, but there was a severe lack of heat elsewhere on the card last night.

WWE wasted Naomi's return on the middle segment, which is disappointing, but presumably largely because the SmackDown Women's Championship match is going to be on the pre-show. It would have been great seeing it late on the WM33 card, and Naomi making her return in her hometown, but oh well. The match which preceded it - Mickie James and Becky Lynch vs. Alexa Bliss and Carmella - was disjointed. The other segment of note was the Miz and Maryse airing another 10/10 "lost episode" of Total Divas. John Cena and Nikki interrupted and the clash on the microphone was just sterling. Cena's barbs - "the Miz begged WWE to hire you again so he could get on Total Divas", "there's a women's revolution going on, Maryse, did you notice?" - were just absolutely brilliant, after the Miz's great work. It was the best segment from any WWE show this week, in my view.

It's a shame it was followed up by a 13-minute long (why is it that long?!) 10-on-10 tag team match between the Andre the Giant Memorial Trophy Battle Royal participants, with Mojo Rawley picking up the win for himself, Rhyno, Heath Slater and American Alpha (my god, they're being wasted) against the Usos, Breezango and Dolph Ziggler. Could we not have seen Dean Ambrose and Baron Corbin add some spark for their stale IC feud over this?!

On 205 Live, meanwhile, we saw Rich Swann take part in the first match of the night against Ariya Daivari, and the former - as an ex-Cruiserweight Champion - naturally went over, before Mustapha Ali beat some advancement talent (after Drew Gulak appeared backstage to urge him not to "take risks" - which is clearly his new gimmick after he berated the crowd two weeks ago, saying they are demanding too much and putting the competitors in danger for craving high-flying action) and The Brian Kendrick beat Akira Tozawa, using the exposed turnbuckle to pick up a dirty win. To crown off the night, Neville and Austin Aries hyped their match (I'm so gutted this is going to be on the pre-show) with the champion standing tall at the end of the broadcast.
Time for them hardcore predictions from the man that called Goldberg squashing Lesnar (I'm jus' sayin' ):

NXT Takeover

Asuka (c) def. Ember Moon
Roode (c) def. Nakamura

- Both Asuka and Nakamura to debut soon, if not the post-WM shows.

- Asuka will debut as champ 1) so non-NXT fans know she's legit 2) her shtick will be how she dominated NXT so now she's here to dominate SD. Likely feuding with Becky Lynch or the champ and losing the title later or vacating.

- If they don't debut him at the smark post-WM shows, they'll give Nakamura a build, so he won't need the title on him to be established when he does debut.

WrestleMania 33 Pre-Show

Sami Zayn (or Big Show, Mojo Rawley, Braun Strowman, Mark Henry?) to win Andre Battle Royal

- Zayn because of his recent troubles beating big guys.

- Big Show so he can be 2x winner.

- Left-field guesses being Mojo (Zack's injured so now's time for him to break out) and Mark Henry (less obvious big guy win).

- Braun's probably too obvious, though its position on the pre-show suggests an unsurprising winner.

Neville (c) def. Aries

- Guessing they won't give Aries the title and a WM win that quickly, and there'll be enough title changes on the rest of the show.

Alexa Bliss (c) wins SD Women's Title Lame-Pack Buzzword

- Naomi's early return and the burial into the pre-show means Alexa definitely retains and feuds with Naomi, or possibly Asuka if she goes straight after the champ at the next SD (which could see Tamina later return as Alexa's bodyguard).

- Expect that at least they'll be on third on the pre-show so that most fans get to see Naomi's epic hometown glow entrance and Becky's possible epic giant-wings entrance

- Absolute disaster and so sad what WWE is doing to SD / what the SD writers have done to the women's division. It wrote itself: Becky finally overcomes Alexa and Mickie and gets her emotional WM moment, or Naomi gets a surprise return win in her hometown. But they've done neither and nothing. I can think of 4 matches on the main card that are less important (Raw tag title, IC title, Shane/AJ, HHH shoehorning match).

WrestleMania 33 for realz this time

Kevin Owens def. Jericho (c) for US title

- Fozzy are touring so this must be the only guaranteed result of the night... right?

Baron Corbin def. Ambrose (c) for IC title

- They wanna put a belt on Corbin bad, and the title wants to be off Ambrose bad.

AJ Styles def. Shane McMahon

- Wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a bit of a squash. Unless there's interference somehow, it can't go any other way without being stupid.

- Pointless match and illogical feud. SD women's title is buried for this and HHH? **** off WWE.

Sasha Banks (or Charlotte) wins Raw Women's Title
- Bayley + others eliminate Nia Jax
- Sasha eliminates Bayley deviously
- Sasha eliminates Charlotte (or not)

- My heart says Sasha, my head says Charlotte, especially if Sasha gets drafted to SD soon, which she should.

Enzo & Cass def. Club (c), Sheamus/Cesaro for Tag titles in ladder match

- Based on a lot of heels winning, otherwise I might've gone with The Club.

- Being champs might give Enzo more promo material too. But if they're still stale, they can always put the titles back on The Club if they flop.

Bray Wyatt (c) def. Orton

- I don't see Bray losing the title so soon. Plus he's supposed to be 'more powerful' so losing would kill that.

- Also he's supposed to be this cult leader who turns people, yet has utterly failed to do so in his entire time in WWE and just gets played.

- I think WWE will take any opportunity to stop the Rumble winner winning the title every year.

- Possible Erick Rowan interference.

Triple H def. Seth Rollins

- If it's no-DQ, I don't see an injured Seth overcoming Triple H because of Joe. This is a match to get Joe over, and with all these factors Seth won't be damaged by losing to the shovel-wielder anyway.

Miz/Maryse def. Cena/Nikki

- Miz/Maryse will actually win, giving Miz increased momentum as he becomes a main event fixture.

- But it'll be a 'happy ending' by the end because Cena will propose, showing that some things and some one is more important than a match. I figured he'd propose at WM around January, but now they're making it obvious.

Goldberg (c) def. Lesnar

- Lesnar 'has to do something', so maybe he'll jump him as he's entering the ring ala Big Show a couple of years ago, but I think the story will still end with Goldberg simply having Lesnar's number.

- He'll then vacate the title next Raw and retire happily ever after, also giving Lesnar less star power as his contract runs close to ending and makes him more believable for a 'regular guy' to beat. Lesnar winning now will undo all that.

Reigns def. Undertaker

- This could go either way but Reigns has been an incredible heel the past year or two and this could officially cement it, while Taker looks mortal enough now for a non-Lesnar to beat him. I don't think Taker knows if he's retiring yet though.

If WWE are doing this brand split properly and equally without politics (which, as we've seen by the poster and the booking, isn't the case) then Bray/Orton would be the last match. But I think only Goldberg and Taker is what people across the demographics REALLY give a **** about.

Most importantly, WrestleMania ALWAYS ends on a happy note. Either with Goldberg or Lesnar lifting the title in the air, or Taker either victorious or saying goodbye. (And WWE creative aren't exactly indie enough to end it with the Broken Hardys challenging the Wyatts, and people would start leaving in droves if Cena's proposal match was on last.)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5856
Predictions for WM33:
Kick-off: Neville def. Austin Aries for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.
Kick-off: Naomi def. Alexa Bliss, Mickie James, Carmella, Natalya and Becky Lynch for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship.
Kick-off: Braun Strowman wins the Andre the Giant Memorial Trophy Battle Royal.
Sasha Banks def. Bayley, Charlotte Flair and Nia Jax in a Fatal 4-Way Elimination Match for the WWE RAW Women's Championship.
Kevin Owens def. Chris Jericho for the WWE US Championship.
Baron Corbin def. Dean Ambrose for the WWE Intercontinental Championship.
AJ Styles def. Shane McMahon.
Enzo and Cass def. Sheamus and Cesaro, and Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson in the Ladder Match for the WWE RAW Tag-Team Championships.
John Cena & Nikki Bella def. The Miz & Maryse
Seth Rollins def. Triple H.
Roman Reigns def. The Undertaker.
Brock Lesnar def. Goldberg for the WWE Universal Championship.
Bray Wyatt def. Randy Orton for the WWE Championship.
Reply 5857

Most importantly, WrestleMania ALWAYS ends on a happy note.

WrestleMania 17.
Original post by Mackay
WrestleMania 17.

Austin winning in his home state, the crowd went nuts for him. They felt Vince helped their hero win, rather than Austin sold out.

WM ends with the fans cheering. In the rare moment a heel wins, either the face stands tall at the end or something big happens that excites them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5859
Austin winning in his home state, the crowd went nuts for him. They felt Vince helped their hero win, rather than Austin sold out.

WM ends with the fans cheering. In the rare moment a heel wins, either the face stands tall at the end or something big happens that excites them.

I can't see anything other than Goldberg/Lesnar closing the show. From my POV, it'll be interesting to see how long each match is given. Really, Lesnar vs Goldberg should be five minutes, Reigns vs Undertaker doesn't need to be longer than 15. Jericho vs Owens should go 20 minimum. It has the potential to be absolutely incredible.

Quick Reply

Latest