The Student Room Group

predictions on Anthology for 2017 June

Hi any predictions for the Anthology piece in Edexcel English Language IGCSE June 2017?
I have no idea of what will come! :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Hi.My english tutor gave 4 predictions
Her predictionsfor 2016 june exam was 100% correct.
1. Chinese Cinderella
2. Taking on the world
3. Your Guide to Beach Safety
4.The necklace
(edited 7 years ago)
Hiii I am trying to predict for the anthology in June 2017 paper as well! Does anyone know what came out in 2017 Jan paper 2? I know passage to africa came out in paper 1.
Original post by fuggedaboutit
Hiii I am trying to predict for the anthology in June 2017 paper as well! Does anyone know what came out in 2017 Jan paper 2? I know passage to africa came out in paper 1.

Disabled from section B anthology
Climate change the facts! it is 60 percent likely to show up - it is the only piece that hasn't shown up since this anthology was introduced.
There is a new anthology next year and it doesn't have climate change the facts in it but it has most of the other ones, so this year its the last year to use it, otherwise it would be pointless. The only thing is if it is too obvious or not?
Reply 5
Original post by mayapapaya8
Climate change the facts! it is 60 percent likely to show up - it is the only piece that hasn't shown up since this anthology was introduced.
There is a new anthology next year and it doesn't have climate change the facts in it but it has most of the other ones, so this year its the last year to use it, otherwise it would be pointless. The only thing is if it is too obvious or not?

I am a home-educating parent who tutors their own children. I don't have access to the latest papers on Edexcel's website but I have googled and asked around:

'Climate Change - the facts' was in June 2017 Paper 1

'The Necklace' has never come up in Paper 2. My theory is that it is so long that to give candidates time to refresh themselves with it would take too much time. I reckon it is more suited to the coursework option.

We are guessing at 'Taking on the World', 'Chinese Cinderella' or 'The Explorer's Daughter' in Paper 1 and 'Out, out -' for paper 2.
Original post by TechMum
I am a home-educating parent who tutors their own children. I don't have access to the latest papers on Edexcel's website but I have googled and asked around:

'The Necklace' has never come up in Paper 2. My theory is that it is so long that to give candidates time to refresh themselves with it would take too much time. I reckon it is more suited to the coursework option.

We are guessing at 'Taking on the World', 'Chinese Cinderella' or 'The Explorer's Daughter' in Paper 1 and 'Out, out -' for paper 2.

Sorry bit confused for paper 1, how was 'Climate change the facts' in June 2017 - I thought that exam hasn't come yet as its still march right now? I've searched through all the past papers and couldn't find one where that came up? Do you mean that it came up january 2017?
Passage to Africa came up in Jan 2017 paper 1
Reply 8
Original post by gimsara
Hi any predictions for the Anthology piece in Edexcel English Language IGCSE June 2017?
I have no idea of what will come! :frown:

no one has any idea! what's the point in predicting anyways? you still can't be 100% sure until your in the exam so you're gunna have to learn the material for everything
I'm not really bothering to predict for English Language because the anthology pieces aren't that hard but I am predicting for English Literature. If anyone is interested I think that for 'Of Mice and Men', either Curley, Lennie or George will come up and for 'A View from the Bridge', maybe Catherine???
Reply 10
Whoops! June 2016 for 'Climate Change'
Finger trouble...Sorry.

Yep agree about predicting not necessarily being THAT helpful but I find it does help to discuss it with the students in my house as it calms a few exam nerves.
I'm pretty sure June 2016 was climate change webpage as I did June 2016 for mocks.

climate change webpage is a totally different piece from climate change the facts which has never come up.
oh well have to revise them all anyways won't make much of a difference
Actually this piece was used in the regional paper June 2015
Original post by home ed mum
Actually this piece was used in the regional paper June 2015

I meant this in relation to climate change:the facts
Original post by TechMum

Actually The Necklace came up in the regional paper of 2014 - so it could be on this year's, and Out Out was last summer's regional paper.

My best guess would be: Electricity, Last Night, Necklace, or King Schahriar for Paper 2

Paper 1's guesses are: Climate Change the facts, Your guide to beach safety, chinese cinderella, taking on the world
Reply 15
Original post by home ed mum
Actually The Necklace came up in the regional paper of 2014 - so it could be on this year's, and Out Out was last summer's regional paper.

My best guess would be: Electricity, Last Night, Necklace, or King Schahriar for Paper 2

Paper 1's guesses are: Climate Change the facts, Your guide to beach safety, chinese cinderella, taking on the world

Thanks for the heads-up on 'The Necklace'. As regional papers not applicable to us I had rather ignored them.

Now we are a few weeks further into the revision, nerves have calmed and we are ready for all pieces...I hope! :wink:
Re: your Guide to beach safety:...Struggling to find anything to say that might be a bit deep and meaningful! So hope it doesn't come up.
QUOTE=slhbournside;71380180]Re: your Guide to beach safety:...Struggling to find anything to say that might be a bit deep and meaningful! So hope it doesn't come up.

Check this out - http://mrhoyesgcsewebsite.com/Lang%20Exam/Tracked%20Anthology%20Extracts/Beach%20Safety/Beach%20Safety%20-%20Charlotte.pdf[
Reply 18
Original post by ssharma123
I'm not really bothering to predict for English Language because the anthology pieces aren't that hard but I am predicting for English Literature. If anyone is interested I think that for 'Of Mice and Men', either Curley, Lennie or George will come up and for 'A View from the Bridge', maybe Catherine???

Catherine has already come up in May 2015 and she has also been used with other characters so I doubt it, what do you think?
Original post by hbarai
Catherine has already come up in May 2015 and she has also been used with other characters so I doubt it, what do you think?

I don't really know for A View from the Bridge. They can ask questions after 2 years and they have. Anything within a year is unlikely but before that it is possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending