The Student Room Group

The Harry Potter Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spock's Socks
Nope, not even listening :frown: I've lost a lot of interest in things lately, even my beloved horror films so I've not really had the notion for much :frown: hope I perk up again soon

Glad you enjoyed it :yep:

Aw, I think we all go through periods of apathy sometimes, hopefully it won't last too long. Feel better!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 101
Original post by Snufkin
Aw, I think we all go through periods of apathy sometimes, hopefully it won't last too long. Feel better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
For any (can I say hardcore?) Potter fans, today is the 10th anniversary of the Mysterious Ticking Noise from PPP.

[video="youtube;z09rvN3s9Kg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z09rvN3s9Kg[/video]

Yup, the creators have uploaded a 4k version. Omg. It's been a decade since my primary school bestie and I would sing this obsessively. Wow. Time does fly.
Original post by Airmed
For any (can I say hardcore?) Potter fans, today is the 10th anniversary of the Mysterious Ticking Noise from PPP.

[video="youtube;z09rvN3s9Kg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z09rvN3s9Kg[/video]

Yup, the creators have uploaded a 4k version. Omg. It's been a decade since my primary school bestie and I would sing this obsessively. Wow. Time does fly.

Never have I felt so old..
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Never have I felt so old..

I felt the same
Reply 105
:eek: there's a HP festival coming to Glasgow in June! It's on during my birthday and not long before the wedding so I might go and class that as my hen day out :tongue:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/15182092.Harry_Potter_festival_to_come_to_town_near_Glasgow/?ref=fbshr

Posted from TSR Mobile
:eek: there's a HP festival coming to Glasgow in June! It's on during my birthday and not long before the wedding so I might go and class that as my hen day out :tongue:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/15182092.Harry_Potter_festival_to_come_to_town_near_Glasgow/?ref=fbshr

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh bloody hell I want to go but idk what June will be like for me. And it's literally a train ride away :awesome:
Original post by spock's socks
:eek: There's a hp festival coming to glasgow in june! It's on during my birthday and not long before the wedding so i might go and class that as my hen day out :tongue:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/15182092.harry_potter_festival_to_come_to_town_near_glasgow/?ref=fbshr

posted from tsr mobile

they've cancelled it, I'M DEVASTATED
Reply 108
Original post by Airmed
they've cancelled it, I'M DEVASTATED

Wtf?! Genuinely gutted :frown: did they give a reason?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wtf?! Genuinely gutted :frown: did they give a reason?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because it gained so much attention as it was in quite a few papers (I even saw it on Buzzfeed, lol), they have decided to cancel it for now since they need to do more planning. There is only 5 of them behind it, so it's looking like a mountain task for them.
Was Snape a good guy. I don't think wanting to go out with Lily all along makes him a good guy. He was a dick to Harry all the time.
Reply 111
Ah that's understandable then, still sucks though :frown: I'll need to find something else to do for my bday and hen day out now :tongue:
Original post by Airmed
Because it gained so much attention as it was in quite a few papers (I even saw it on Buzzfeed, lol), they have decided to cancel it for now since they need to do more planning. There is only 5 of them behind it, so it's looking like a mountain task for them.
Original post by Colonel_Gascon
Was Snape a good guy. I don't think wanting to go out with Lily all along makes him a good guy. He was a dick to Harry all the time.

He's a complicated character. I wouldn't say he was completely good or bad. It depends on your perspective on moral philosophy. One can argue that the results of his actions were "good" overall regardless of his methods and therefore he is a good guy. If you look at his methods in achieving those results, his character may not be construed as good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah that's understandable then, still sucks though :frown: I'll need to find something else to do for my bday and hen day out now :tongue:

:frown: :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
really excited - my Mum's just booked for me & my parents to go to the Harry Potter studios in london for my 18th birthday in June :tongue: :smile:
I've heard the gift shops really expensive though...
Original post by bizzy_penguin
really excited - my Mum's just booked for me & my parents to go to the Harry Potter studios in london for my 18th birthday in June :tongue: :smile:

Yup :sadnod: So jealous of you though!
Original post by Airmed
Yup :sadnod: So jealous of you though!

:hugs:I'll take a load of pictures :yes: :rofl:
gosh it'll be nearly 13 years since I read HP for the first time...
*feels old*
:hugs:I'll take a load of pictures :yes: :rofl:
gosh it'll be nearly 13 years since I read HP for the first time...
*feels old*

13 years for me too :cry2:

:redface: Why does everyone say it's in London? I live a few minutes walk from the studios, we definitely aren't in London. :lol: Have fun though - the gift shop is indeed really expensive. :gasp:
Reply 119

Omg I'm jealous! :eek: have fun and make sure to take a lot of pics to show us :yep:

Quick Reply