The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Summer School 2017 (Sutton Trust)

couldn't find a thread on this, so I made my own^^
I recently applied for the 2nd -7th of July with English and Philosophy; the course that I actually intend to study isn't provided unfortunately, but oh well.
My teacher recently verified my application for Edinburgh, and now all that's left is hoping I get in. (I think they respond by May, right?)

Has anyone else applied there too? And if so, what course did you go for? :smile:
Original post by lenn7272
I recently applied for the 2nd -7th of July with English and Philosophy; the course that I actually intend to study isn't provided unfortunately, but oh well.
My teacher recently verified my application for Edinburgh, and now all that's left is hoping I get in. (I think they respond by May, right?)

Has anyone else applied there too? And if so, what course did you go for? :smile:

Hey,

I didn't apply for this years summer school but attended last years and really couldn't recommend it enough!! It really was one of the most life changing weeks of my life. You will meet so many new people and it really helps on UCAS! I'm now here hoping to hear back from Edinburgh for 2017 entry for the same course i studied at the summer school!!

Best of luck!!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I got an Email from them saying that I got in. I've chosen Mathematics and Economics.
Reply 3
Original post by han1234678
Hey,

I didn't apply for this years summer school but attended last years and really couldn't recommend it enough!! It really was one of the most life changing weeks of my life. You will meet so many new people and it really helps on UCAS! I'm now here hoping to hear back from Edinburgh for 2017 entry for the same course i studied at the summer school!!

Best of luck!!

Original post by J-ved
I got an Email from them saying that I got in. I've chosen Mathematics and Economics.

thank you for replying to my thread, but I found out I didn't get in. Not sure why i thought I would, I missed the 5 A requirement by one A and it said they preferred the applicant to have 5 As too. good luck in applying to the uni for you course and have fun at the summer school :smile: I am disappointed bc I really thought I'd get in...i'll get over it though. :/

Dear Sutton Trust Summer School Applicant
Thank you very much for applying to attend the University of Edinburgh's Sutton Trust Summer school.
I'm am sorry to inform you that I am unable to offer you a place at the summer school. We had over 500 applications for 120 places, so many people have to be disappointed, I'm afraid.

If you would like to find out more about the University of Edinburgh, please do visit our website:
Visit us: http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/visiting

Study with us: http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying
I wish you the very best of luck with your future studies and university applications.

Once again, I am sorry to have to disappoint you.

Best wishes
thank you for replying to my thread, but I found out I didn't get in. Not sure why i thought I would, I missed the 5 A requirement by one A and it said they preferred the applicant to have 5 As too. good luck in applying to the uni for you course and have fun at the summer school :smile: I am disappointed bc I really thought I'd get in...i'll get over it though. :/

Thank you very much for applying to attend the University of Edinburgh's Sutton Trust Summer school.
I'm am sorry to inform you that I am unable to offer you a place at the summer school. We had over 500 applications for 120 places, so many people have to be disappointed, I'm afraid.

If you would like to find out more about the University of Edinburgh, please do visit our website:

I wish you the very best of luck with your future studies and university applications.

Best wishes

Aww I'm sorry!! I got rejected from the university today despite the summer school!! It's not the end of the world, best of luck with the rest of your studies!!

Best wishes

Gutted to hear that. Did you apply for any other schemes like this?
Reply 6
Original post by han1234678
Aww I'm sorry!! I got rejected from the university today despite the summer school!! It's not the end of the world, best of luck with the rest of your studies!!

Thank you so much for your help :smile: and thanks, i'll do my best!

Original post by J-ved
Gutted to hear that. Did you apply for any other schemes like this?

It is a shame, but I guess rejection is a part of life . As of now, I haven't applied to any other schemes but I am currently looking^^ probably going to focus on my AS exam for now,
Thank you so much for your help :smile: and thanks, i'll do my best!

It is a shame, but I guess rejection is a part of life . As of now, I haven't applied to any other schemes but I am currently looking^^ probably going to focus on my AS exam for now,

I suppose it is. Well anyways, there are other ways to do extra curricular things. Best of luck to your future!

Hi! I got the email on Wednesday - I got accepted for English and Philosophy too! I'll see you there.

I also got a place on Oxford UNIQ if anyone else applied to that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending