The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

International Applications MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre-Reg)

I have just applied to Brunel, Essex, LSBU, and Brighton for Occupational Therapy. As I am an international student, and I applied for courses in the US as well as in the UK, I am a bit concerned that I will not find out about my acceptance/interviews until after I must make a decision, or that I will find out too soon, before I hear back from my applications in the US.

Any International Students currently at any of these schools/in these programs? What do you think of them/How is your experience as a masters student? When did you hear back?

Scroll to see replies

Hi!

I'm an international applicant as well (from Canada)! I've applied to Brunel, Oxford Brookes, Essex, University of East Anglia, and QMU. I'm still waiting to hear back from most places, and I applied near the end of January. I heard back from UEA, and they have scheduled their interview for July, so quite late. I'm hoping other places will let me know sooner. Have you heard back from any of the schools you applied to yet?
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Original post by purplerose18
Hi!

I'm an international applicant as well (from Canada)! I've applied to Brunel, Oxford Brookes, Essex, University of East Anglia, and QMU. I'm still waiting to hear back from most places, and I applied near the end of January. I heard back from UEA, and they have scheduled their interview for July, so quite late. I'm hoping other places will let me know sooner. Have you heard back from any of the schools you applied to yet?

I'd love to keep in contact! I got my Brunel interview via Skype about a week and a half ago. It lasted about 20 minutes, and then had a 30 minute written portion based on a video I was given before hand and the question at the end of the interview. I haven't heard back from any of the other schools, but to be honest Brunel is my top choice, since has candidacy status for AOTA accreditation.

Since I applied to USC, and they start in June, I would be so anxious with such a late interview!

Good luck, and please do let me know about updates!
Original post by rachelnicole194
I'd love to keep in contact! I got my Brunel interview via Skype about a week and a half ago. It lasted about 20 minutes, and then had a 30 minute written portion based on a video I was given before hand and the question at the end of the interview. I haven't heard back from any of the other schools, but to be honest Brunel is my top choice, since has candidacy status for AOTA accreditation.

Since I applied to USC, and they start in June, I would be so anxious with such a late interview!

Good luck, and please do let me know about updates!

Hey!

Congrats on your interview! Hopefully you hear back soon, waiting is the hardest. Brunel is one of my top choices as well, however I haven't heard back from them yet for an interview.

I didn't know there were programs that begin in June- have you heard back from USC?

I've heard back for OBU. I had an interview in a week and half ago or so. I had a 15 minute pre-interview writing assignment, and my interview lasted about half and hour. I've also been given an offer which I'm stoked about! I would still like to hear back from Brunel, and compare the schools before I finalize. I was also given an interview for UEA, however it's scheduled for July, and I'm not too sure if I'm interested because they begin school next February.

Hopefully you hear back from Brunel soon! Keep in touch :smile:
Hey!

Congrats on your interview! Hopefully you hear back soon, waiting is the hardest. Brunel is one of my top choices as well, however I haven't heard back from them yet for an interview.

I didn't know there were programs that begin in June- have you heard back from USC?

I've heard back for OBU. I had an interview in a week and half ago or so. I had a 15 minute pre-interview writing assignment, and my interview lasted about half and hour. I've also been given an offer which I'm stoked about! I would still like to hear back from Brunel, and compare the schools before I finalize. I was also given an interview for UEA, however it's scheduled for July, and I'm not too sure if I'm interested because they begin school next February.

Hopefully you hear back from Brunel soon! Keep in touch :smile:

Hi! Just updating here: I received my offer from Brunel last Friday, and will accept it as my firm choice. I had interviews set up for next month, but will be withdrawing them when I confirm Brunel. I also got into USC with a scholarship, but even then it was at least $100,000 more for the course. It was a tough decision between Brunel and USC, but I think I made the right choice.
Thanks for the update! Congratulations! That's awesome :smile: Wow, its weird how a domestic school is more expensive than going to school internationally. I think you have as well, it will be an exciting opportunity, plus you are saving money!

I have been shortlisted for an interview, and am anxiously waiting for them to schedule me. It seems like it will be forever at this rate until I know my status. I also heard back for interviews at Essex, and QMU, but I have declined.

Congrats again! You can now start planning for September! I will let you know when I hear back from Brunel.
Original post by rachelnicole194
Hi! Just updating here: I received my offer from Brunel last Friday, and will accept it as my firm choice. I had interviews set up for next month, but will be withdrawing them when I confirm Brunel. I also got into USC with a scholarship, but even then it was at least $100,000 more for the course. It was a tough decision between Brunel and USC, but I think I made the right choice.

Congrats on your offer! I had my interview yesterday for Brunel, I think it went ok but it's hard to tell! I'm an international applicant as well, from Canada. How long did you have to wait after your interview to receive your offer? Hoping to hear good news soon!
Original post by marlowe727
Congrats on your offer! I had my interview yesterday for Brunel, I think it went ok but it's hard to tell! I'm an international applicant as well, from Canada. How long did you have to wait after your interview to receive your offer? Hoping to hear good news soon!

Hey! Did you hear back?
Reply 8
Hi , I have an interview coming up with QMU , Did anyone do an interview with them ? Any advice? :smile:
Reply 9
Hey All,

I'm also from Canada and I've been accepted to Brunel, Oxford Brookes, Plymouth and the University of Alberta.

I've been hearing more and more negative reviews about Brunel.

So difficult to choose!

Any advice?
Original post by OTFresh
Hey All,

I'm also from Canada and I've been accepted to Brunel, Oxford Brookes, Plymouth and the University of Alberta.

I've been hearing more and more negative reviews about Brunel.

So difficult to choose!

Any advice?

Hey!

I was torn between Oxford Brooke and Brunel initially. I liked the small school aspect of Oxford Brookes. I chose Brunel, because I heard it was a good international school, they had scholarships available, and they seem to have a well developed program. Also, it was the school that was closet to my family and friends.

University of Alberta is supposed to be quite a good school though. If you are planning to practice in Canada, it may be easier to study in a Canadian institution? It sure will be a lot easier to move within Canada than to the UK. But if you are looking for an experience, I think studying abroad is a great opportunity!
Reply 11
Hey!

I was torn between Oxford Brooke and Brunel initially. I liked the small school aspect of Oxford Brookes. I chose Brunel, because I heard it was a good international school, they had scholarships available, and they seem to have a well developed program. Also, it was the school that was closet to my family and friends.

University of Alberta is supposed to be quite a good school though. If you are planning to practice in Canada, it may be easier to study in a Canadian institution? It sure will be a lot easier to move within Canada than to the UK. But if you are looking for an experience, I think studying abroad is a great opportunity!

Hey Purplerose18,

Thanks for your reply! I'm assuming you're a current MScOT student?

Yeah, UfA is a great school, but I don't mind going through the accreditation process after I've finished my degree.

Are you happy with your decision to attend Brunel? Is the science very hardcore? How is the general living atmosphere around Brunel?

Thanks!
Original post by OTFresh
Hey Purplerose18,

Thanks for your reply! I'm assuming you're a current MScOT student?

Yeah, UfA is a great school, but I don't mind going through the accreditation process after I've finished my degree.

Are you happy with your decision to attend Brunel? Is the science very hardcore? How is the general living atmosphere around Brunel?

Thanks!

I'm actually starting in September this year 😋 So I'm hoping everything is great with Brunel!
Reply 13
I'm actually starting in September this year 😋 So I'm hoping everything is great with Brunel!

I'm sure it will be :smile:. Best of luck!
Hey guys!

I've just been offered spots for Oxford Brookes and Essex but having a hard time deciding which one to go to. Does anyone have any advice? I'm from the United States as well.

Danielle
Reply 15
Hey Danielle! I’m from the States as well, and I studied abroad back in 2013 at Oxford Brookes. It was definitely a fun campus with a lot of support. This was during undergrad so my experience was a little different if this will be your postgraduate degree. Overall, I think if you put an effort becoming acclimated to the campus, making friends, and utilizing your resources, you’ll be ok. Hopefully this helps!
Reply 16
Hi all, does anyone know the deadline for applying to Brunel for the Sept 2018 entry?
Original post by Jesshew
Hi all, does anyone know the deadline for applying to Brunel for the Sept 2018 entry?

I think you can still apply. I turned my application in February and just heard back that I have an interview next Monday with 3000 pound scholarship. Confused how that works but I already paid my deposit for University of Essex so I don't know what to do.

Brunel is US accredited though, which is really important!
Reply 18
Original post by danielleelyse3
I think you can still apply. I turned my application in February and just heard back that I have an interview next Monday with 3000 pound scholarship. Confused how that works but I already paid my deposit for University of Essex so I don't know what to do.

Brunel is US accredited though, which is really important!

Danielle, what year did you graduate undergrad? Thanks for the insight! I can understand the frustration behind the deposit but consider that Brunel is now US accredited. You may lose the deposit now but I think the reward in the end of being able to work back at home will be greater. Please message me if you can!
Original post by Jesshew
Danielle, what year did you graduate undergrad? Thanks for the insight! I can understand the frustration behind the deposit but consider that Brunel is now US accredited. You may lose the deposit now but I think the reward in the end of being able to work back at home will be greater. Please message me if you can!

Just sent you a message!

Danielle

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending