The Student Room Group

UCLan Asia Pacific Studies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marcuslt95
Hey guys^^ Thought I'd introduce myself as I've got an offer to study APS (Japanese) at UCLan, which is my first choice so really excited. Just need to accept and start sorting out accommodation I guess:biggrin:

Thats great! I am also on the APS Japanese course 😄
Reply 41
Original post by Laundry5
I really hope so.. I did read on one of these discussions that we could be following the Genki book series, it was a couple of years ago, but I don't know why they'd change if it was true. I already have them, but they should let people know because they're really expensive D:

Those genki books are quite expensive indeed, I had a total of 4 books by the end of year two which includes the 2 grammar and vocab books which you use in almost every class, and 2 kanji books. They normally sell it within 1st week of starting the course, sometimes later. Maybe go on the Japanese society facebook page and ask if anyone is selling theirs for cheaper:smile: hope this helps a bit
Hello everyone! To whoever is joining us as freshers this September (Foundation or First years) and are interested in Korea, this is for you. I'm a part of the committee on the korean society here at uclan. And if you're planning on taking korean at uclan this year let me know so i can add you to our facebook chat where a few of us current first years will be on hand to answer any questions you have about the year ahead and to let you guys know about any events we have as the korean society. I hope to see you all in September!
Hiya! -rolls in- I'm starting in September on the Japanese route~! I'm totally not in a ball of stress and anxiety already...what.... >.> Okay I'm lying I am absolutely terrified and its nowhere near September... oh lord... Imagine me in August. I'm going to just melt into the pavement and lay in the street... :') But yeah I am like just going to be there, dying :') Someone adopt me... save meee from the panic! ;-; I'm coming from Leeds, so I'm going to be in accommodation but I'm going to be the only one from my entire sixth form going to UCLan and I'm just not going to know anyone, so I'm just a mess :') I'm such an awkward individual and I'm just uber panic-y that everyone's going to be better than me, right off the bat, and that the people I'm put with won't like me, because I'm a fussy eater and really messy and junk ;-; gaaaah ;-;
Original post by AvaPenguin
Hiya! -rolls in- I'm starting in September on the Japanese route~! I'm totally not in a ball of stress and anxiety already...what.... >.> Okay I'm lying I am absolutely terrified and its nowhere near September... oh lord... Imagine me in August. I'm going to just melt into the pavement and lay in the street... :':wink: But yeah I am like just going to be there, dying :':wink: Someone adopt me... save meee from the panic! ;-; I'm coming from Leeds, so I'm going to be in accommodation but I'm going to be the only one from my entire sixth form going to UCLan and I'm just not going to know anyone, so I'm just a mess :':wink: I'm such an awkward individual and I'm just uber panic-y that everyone's going to be better than me, right off the bat, and that the people I'm put with won't like me, because I'm a fussy eater and really messy and junk ;-; gaaaah ;-;

Hey I'm starting in September too although I'm doing the Korean route, I'm coming down from Scotland so I won't know anyone either 😅 Hopefully I won't be too awkward. I can't wait though 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending