The Student Room Group

Customer Service Consultant -HMRC (044R)

Scroll to see replies

Well done guys on your formal offers 👍 I'm still waiting for mine 😂
Original post by Tompatto93
I applied for Liverpool, I never applied for debt management but am over the moon with my formal offer

Great news congratulations x
Original post by havaisali
Well done guys on your formal offers 👍 I'm still waiting for mine 😂

Me too😊
It's beeen the longest process ever, but those who wait good things come! I wish everyone the best of luck everything will come good soon🤞
I applied for Liverpool, I never applied for debt management but am over the moon with my formal offer

Congrats, I got offered the same post too, debt management
Reply 805
Guys I have just had a formal offer through I start on the 2/05/2017 in debt management! Over the moon!

Congrats, still waiting for provisional offer for Triad Bootle, should have put Liverpool as first choice.
I was interviewed in November for a position in Preston. I was put on the reserve list and haven't heard anything since. Is there anybody on here who applied for Preston? How long do they keep you waiting? 😁
Original post by Emerald74
I was interviewed in November for a position in Preston. I was put on the reserve list and haven't heard anything since. Is there anybody on here who applied for Preston? How long do they keep you waiting? 😁

I didn't apply for Preston but at this point I don't even know if I'm on the reserve list or not. So, you're doing better than me!
Congratulations Tompatto93 on your formal offer. Nice that at long last your wait is over.
Do you mind me asking did you get your offer by email or through a telephone call. Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Oshortone
Congratulations Tompatto93 on your formal offer. Nice that at long last your wait is over.
Do you mind me asking did you get your offer by email or through a telephone call. Thanks

Thank you, it's been a long long process it really has but it all paid off! I sent my pre emp checks off last week, and today I emailed manpower to see where they where upto, and 5 hours later I literally had a email with office / start date. They didn't contact me first asking my notice period or anything like that, which gave me suspicion they have either contacted my current employment or guessed that I needed to give 4 weeks notice. As tomorrow is the last day of the month, I will be handing my resignation in tomorrow and won't be looking back!
Thank you, it's been a long long process it really has but it all paid off! I sent my pre emp checks off last week, and today I emailed manpower to see where they where upto, and 5 hours later I literally had a email with office / start date. They didn't contact me first asking my notice period or anything like that, which gave me suspicion they have either contacted my current employment or guessed that I needed to give 4 weeks notice. As tomorrow is the last day of the month, I will be handing my resignation in tomorrow and won't be looking back!

Hoping to hear soon if I will get offered a position in the Bathgate office. Had my Occupational Health call yesterday morning. Last part of my checks I hope!

I've a months notice to give as well. Really hope for news soon 🤞🤞
Reply 811
Hoping to hear soon if I will get offered a position in the Bathgate office. Had my Occupational Health call yesterday morning. Last part of my checks I hope!

I've a months notice to give as well. Really hope for news soon 🤞🤞

You will hear back very soon as its 10th April or 24th April start date in Bathgate
Original post by Aqhsa
You will hear back very soon as its 10th April or 24th April start date in Bathgate

Only problem is that if offered start for either dates can't give my employer a months notice. Do you know if these are the only start dates available?
Reply 813
Only problem is that if offered start for either dates can't give my employer a months notice. Do you know if these are the only start dates available?

I'm not sure if these are the only dates tbh as thats the only two dates given to me, I think in East Kilbride the start date is in May while Bathgate start date is in April.

This is the email I got on 24th April 2017 "Good Afternoon, We have been unsuccessful in contacting you by phone. The call was regarding a formal job offer as you have now passed your pre-employment checks. The next available start dates we have at our Bathgate Office are 10 April 2017 and 24 April 2017. Could you please reply to this email confirming if you accept or decline the offer and which is your preferred start date. Also could you please confirm that you are able to commit to the full 5 weeks training? Kind Regards HMRC Recruitment Team"
Original post by Aqhsa
I'm not sure if these are the only dates tbh as thats the only two dates given to me, I think in East Kilbride the start date is in May while Bathgate start date is in April.

This is the email I got on 24th April 2017 "Good Afternoon, We have been unsuccessful in contacting you by phone. The call was regarding a formal job offer as you have now passed your pre-employment checks. The next available start dates we have at our Bathgate Office are 10 April 2017 and 24 April 2017. Could you please reply to this email confirming if you accept or decline the offer and which is your preferred start date. Also could you please confirm that you are able to commit to the full 5 weeks training? Kind Regards HMRC Recruitment Team"

Thanks for the copy of your email. Will just need to wait and see. Hopefully if I get an offer and the 24th April is the last date available my present employer will accept less than a months notice. Don't want to miss out on the job after the very long wait. Do you know what Dept you will be working in?
I give up waiting now. I've accepted another formal offer for another department in civil service but it's just a little bit of a drive compared to this position so I can't moan really. Hope you all get what you want.
Reply 816
Thanks for the copy of your email. Will just need to wait and see. Hopefully if I get an offer and the 24th April is the last date available my present employer will accept less than a months notice. Don't want to miss out on the job after the very long wait. Do you know what Dept you will be working in?

Aww your most welcome, no I do not know which department I will be working in yet. Do you by chance know which department you will be in? Are you in Bathgate too?
Reply 817
Original post by gexway22
I give up waiting now. I've accepted another formal offer for another department in civil service but it's just a little bit of a drive compared to this position so I can't moan really. Hope you all get what you want.

Aww thanks and all the best 👍🏽
Original post by Aqhsa
Aww your most welcome, no I do not know which department I will be working in yet. Do you by chance know which department you will be in? Are you in Bathgate too?

Hopefully I will receive a formal offer for Bathgate soon but don't have a clue which department it would be in. Will keep you posted.
Reply 819
Hopefully I will receive a formal offer for Bathgate soon but don't have a clue which department it would be in. Will keep you posted.

Yeah hopefully and all the best, see you soon in Bathgate 👍🏽

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending