The Student Room Group

Customer Service Consultant -HMRC (044R)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RHW52
Hi All

Been looking at this for ages for information.

I got my formal offer this morning for the Cardiff office. Wanted me to start 24th April but this wasn't possible. Then they asked about 8th May. But I've got a prebooked holiday from 10th May to 25th May. They kindly gave me a start date of 5th June!

Over the moon. Good that they're allowing my holiday too. I was terrified of losing the position because of it. Handed my notice into current employer this morning and it felt good!!

Congrats everyone on formal offers and good luck to everyone waiting for one. There is light at the end of this very long tunnel ha! 😁

did they call you or email you ? if it was a call did they say you would get the offer email in a few days ?
Reply 861
Original post by Fontaine1990
did they call you or email you ? if it was a call did they say you would get the offer email in a few days ?

Hello

I had an email advising me they were now in the position to provide me with a formal offer. They provided a number for me to ring to discuss. I rung discussed possible start dates, confirmed the date most suitable to me and that was it. They said Il have more details by email next week 👍

Hold on in there people. If you've had a provisional offer and your PEC are all good. Chances are you'll have a formal offer very soon 😀
My portal says main pool but I haven't had a provisional offer yet.

Does anyone know what main pool means?
Original post by RHW52
Hello

I had an email advising me they were now in the position to provide me with a formal offer. They provided a number for me to ring to discuss. I rung discussed possible start dates, confirmed the date most suitable to me and that was it. They said Il have more details by email next week 👍

Hold on in there people. If you've had a provisional offer and your PEC are all good. Chances are you'll have a formal offer very soon 😀

yeah such a relief when you get offered the job especially after this long wait was it a 0300 number ? I'm just waiting for that email now ha i'll feel better when i have the formal offer in an email confirming it all I Start on the 24th so like 3 weeks
Reply 864
Original post by LizC1991

The term ‘main pool’ is a term that HMRC use during the employment process to refer to the pool of candidates they have in the campaign.
Reply 865
Original post by Fontaine1990
yeah such a relief when you get offered the job especially after this long wait was it a 0300 number ? I'm just waiting for that email now ha i'll feel better when i have the formal offer in an email confirming it all I Start on the 24th so like 3 weeks

Yes massive relief!

And yes it was a 0300 number. Sounded like the woman had a Welsh accent, so it might've been directly through to Cardiff.
Hi Laura,

Are you definitely on the 044R campaign?

Yeah

It's a term Hmrc use for the pool of applicants within this recruitment campaign i.e. Campaign 044R
I just don't understand why people from Liverpool (Triad) have not been told either way. So frustrating
I just don't understand why people from Liverpool (Triad) have not been told either way. So frustrating

I appreciate how frustrating it is as I felt like that before Monday. However, I was given an offer weeks after the first people were in my location so don't give up! It seems like liverpools time scale is even longer than everyone else's too. If there wasn't a position for you I doubt they'd keep you waiting this long go for nothing. Really hope you get it and soon!

I'm in the same position with Glasgow. No contact since last Friday other than the change to Main Pool.

Don't even know if I'm on the reserve list never mind getting an offer of some kind.

Original post by chris4242
I'm in the same position with Glasgow. No contact since last Friday other than the change to Main Pool.

Don't even know if I'm on the reserve list never mind getting an offer of some kind.

Me three 😣 For Shipley in Leeds. I just wanna be put out of my misery at this point...
Original post by Okiedokes
Congrats what role did they offer?

They haven't told me the role yet, just said I'll be receiving an email next week confirming my formal offer
Original post by RHW52
Yes massive relief!

And yes it was a 0300 number. Sounded like the woman had a Welsh accent, so it might've been directly through to Cardiff.

yeah same as me then just hope to have it all sorted by next friday so i can hand in my notice at work on the 8th April
Has anyone heard anything? And can anyone provide me with a number that they have managed to speak to anyone about the 044R campaign?
Has anyone heard anything? And can anyone provide me with a number that they have managed to speak to anyone about the 044R campaign?

01895 204582 Although they don't seem to be picking up. You'd be as well to email and tell them you need to know as you are turning down other job roles. They got back to me very quickly after I said that and was given a verbal firm offer.
Original post by Ladynevertells
01895 204582 Although they don't seem to be picking up. You'd be as well to email and tell them you need to know as you are turning down other job roles. They got back to me very quickly after I said that and was given a verbal firm offer.

Thank you. I called that number yesterday and they said they can only speak to me once I have received my provisional offer but I haven't received it yet so just feel at a dead end at the minute.
Thank you. I called that number yesterday and they said they can only speak to me once I have received my provisional offer but I haven't received it yet so just feel at a dead end at the minute.

Keep your chin up. You'll hear soon. They'll see who accepts the firm offers and then send out more provisional offers I'm certain of it. Xx
Original post by Nas08
Did u get a provisional offer?

Hey, what branch did you apply for?

I applied for the Birmingham branch,had my interview in jan then end of Feb I receiverd an email saying I passed the interview and since then nothing!
Reply 879

I called it yesterday and just called it again. I have told them I am getting no response from HMRC Resourcing as I messaged them on Wed. He said if I haven't heard by Tues, call back. Also told them I am rejecting job offers so need an answer ASAP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending