The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 11...
Rejected 14:18 :frown: absolutely gutted, well done to those with offers

:frown: oh well, you got your other offers right?
Reply 3201
how can we receive feedback from king's? I checked my king's portal, there is nothing on there about my rejection, only track.
Original post by 11...
how can we receive feedback from king's? I checked my king's portal, there is nothing on there about my rejection, only track.

same, it's really strange
Original post by StationToStation
That's awesome - apparently there's hope for the rest of us! So happy for you :smile:

Thank you 😊

I had to get my mum to read it because I couldn't believe my eyes.

Hope the rest of you that worked hard get offers too! 😊
Reply 3204
are those who get rejected first on the waiting list by any chance?
Reply 3205
Original post by Booboo KCL
Thank you 😊

I had to get my mum to read it because I couldn't believe my eyes.

Hope the rest of you that worked hard get offers too! 😊

well done!!! are you a UK undergrad applicant?
Reply 3206
today has been a "good" start to the easter holidays - not :angry:
Reply 3207
the rest of you guys are probably on the waiting list
Reply 3208
Original post by Ashy99
Bant, you think your funny?

yep i got rejected too. I need to ask for feedback but not sure how to - is it through kings apply. Also, it was my worst interview I have to say, but it was my top choice- so it hurts a lot. I hate myself loool
Original post by 11...
yep i got rejected too. I need to ask for feedback but not sure how to - is it through kings apply. Also, it was my worst interview I have to say, but it was my top choice- so it hurts a lot. I hate myself loool

Hey, im sorry but I didnt mean to direct that at you, someone was trolling me and posting rude comments about me in the thread, i was referring to them. Dont hate yourself♡
Reply 3210
Original post by Ashy99
Hey, im sorry but I didnt mean to direct that at you, someone was trolling me and posting rude comments about me in the thread, i was referring to them. Dont hate yourself♡

no I didn't think that you directed that at me haha, it just that I have seen you on this thread for more than a week now, that I wanted to tell you the bad news :frown: this kings process has been a nightmare, glad it is over tho. some people are still waiting, perhaps they are on the waiting list dunno
Original post by 11...

I was really sorry to hear about your rejection btw :frown: I know it hurts (happened to me with two unis I really loved) but time will make it better, probably faster than you think. You should be really proud of yourself for having an offer. Most people don't get one. Also, while it's easy to fall in love with a certain uni, all med schools are fantastic in their own way and you'll probably end up having a great time wherever. And at the end of it you'll come out as a doctor (which is just the beginning of your career!) and that's the one thing that really matters in the long run. :smile:
Do you guys reckon they're still giving out offers, or just rejections now ?? :s-smilie:
Reply 3213
Original post by StationToStation
I was really sorry to hear about your rejection btw :frown: I know it hurts (happened to me with two unis I really loved) but time will make it better, probably faster than you think. You should be really proud of yourself for having an offer. Most people don't get one. Also, while it's easy to fall in love with a certain uni, all med schools are fantastic in their own way and you'll probably end up having a great time wherever. And at the end of it you'll come out as a doctor (which is just the beginning of your career!) and that's the one thing that really matters in the long run. :smile:

awwww thank you so much. :smile: yes I am slightly over it now, but the fact that it is king's worries me. hope you get an offer. like you said at the end of the day we will all become doctors and will make a real difference to peoples' lives, no matter which uni we go to
Original post by 11...
no I didn't think that you directed that at me haha, it just that I have seen you on this thread for more than a week now, that I wanted to tell you the bad news :frown: this kings process has been a nightmare, glad it is over tho. some people are still waiting, perhaps they are on the waiting list dunno

Im sorry to hear that...
you have one from st georges did you say?
Reply 3215
Original post by Lostperson
Im sorry to hear that...
you have one from st georges did you say?

UEA. it is just that kings was my top choice and it is quite hard to get over it in a few hours :frown:
Reply 3216
I am waiting for my st george's decision - interview went well tho, because the questions were fairly simple, but king's was hard to tell (the data station killed me).
on the waiting list for barts - some hope left, because I want to go to London
Original post by 11...
I am waiting for my st george's decision - interview went well tho, because the questions were fairly simple, but king's was hard to tell (the data station killed me).
on the waiting list for barts - some hope left, because I want to go to London

ooooh when was your george's interview! :smile:
Reply 3218
Original post by lou-natic
ooooh when was your george's interview! :smile:

17th March I think it went well (better than king's definitely). How did you find it? they said they will get back to me within 4 weeks
Original post by Ashy99

hey, I'm really sorry to hear about your rejection, I've been following this thread since the beginning and have seen you on it. Its really good that you have other offers aswell!
If you don't mind me asking what are your gcses/ukcat as if they are looking contextually your interview could have been good but another component might have let you down? (i'm just guessing as Kings said they look 'hollistically')

also ignore the rude person/troll :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending