The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation - Raleigh Park

Figured it would be good to bring everyone together seeing as some people have booked their rooms as well. I'm a first year at Raleigh so any questions about rooms or if you're still deciding whether to choose Raleigh pop them on here.

Scroll to see replies

I'm trying to decide between Broadgate and Raleigh, my lectures will be at the jubilee campus as I will study Management. I know that raleigh will be the nearby but how social actually is it? Also how long does it take to get from broadgate (university park) to jubilee campus for morning lectures?
(edited 7 years ago)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Lucky987
I'm trying to decide between Broadgate and Raleigh, my lectures will be at the jubilee campus as I will be study Management. I know that broad gate will be nearby but how social actually is it? Also how long does it take to get from broadgate (university park) to jubilee campus for morning lectures?

I'm in the same situation :frown: From what I can gather it's about 20 minutes (if you can get on the bus) 5 -10 minute to bus stop then the bus goes around Uni park to east drive then to Jubilee I'm considering a bike
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aidan.reed
I'm in the same situation :frown: From what I can gather it's about 20 minutes (if you can get on the bus) 5 -10 minute to bus stop then the bus goes around Uni park to east drive then to Jubilee I'm considering a bike

The uni is too damn big :s-smilie:. A bike seems like a good idea, have you applied for accommodation yet?
The uni is too damn big :s-smilie:. A bike seems like a good idea, have you applied for accommodation yet?

Haha thats also a positive it does suck a little there's no self catered actually on uni park. I haven't applied for accommodation yet. I'm still to firm my offer. How about yourself?
Haha thats also a positive it does suck a little there's no self catered actually on uni park. I haven't applied for accommodation yet. I'm still to firm my offer. How about yourself?

Same, I haven't applied for accommodation and haven't firmed my offer yet as well. I'm going to do that on Monday. I'll probably end up picking Raleigh or st peters court..
Same, I haven't applied for accommodation and haven't firmed my offer yet as well. I'm going to do that on Monday. I'll probably end up picking Raleigh or st peters court..

Awesome, where else did you apply (unis)? I can't decide haha Raleigh looks like a safe bet but it could be more rewarding to go Broadgate :/
Reply 7
Yeah what's been said is about right, it's a 10ish bus ride and a 20min walk. A lot of people who live at UP and study here cycle since its the easiest option. I do know a few people at BGP and studying in the business school, it isn't really a struggle for them. Raleigh is quite social, there tends to be flat parties on at least once a week and other things such as bake off/meet guide dog's on as well.
Awesome, where else did you apply (unis)? I can't decide haha Raleigh looks like a safe bet but it could be more rewarding to go Broadgate :/

Yeah that's true especially for first year and freshers. I got offers from Coventry, portsmouth, lse and bournemouth for business management courses too. What about you?
Original post by retardis
Yeah what's been said is about right, it's a 10ish bus ride and a 20min walk. A lot of people who live at UP and study here cycle since its the easiest option. I do know a few people at BGP and studying in the business school, it isn't really a struggle for them. Raleigh is quite social, there tends to be flat parties on at least once a week and other things such as bake off/meet guide dog's on as well.

Do you think that new student who will be staying at raleigh park when they have all their lectures at jubilee campus will miss out on freshers and social life etc? BGP seems like it would be better for 1st year students and I think I would personally have a better social at UP. And are there 2nd year students living in raleigh park as well?
Reply 10
Do you think that new student who will be staying at raleigh park when they have all their lectures at jubilee campus will miss out on freshers and social life etc? BGP seems like it would be better for 1st year students and I think I would personally have a better social at UP. And are there 2nd year students living in raleigh park as well?

I don't think so, Raleigh is big and each accommodation has their own events put on, formal dinner etc. During the first few weeks it may be a bit of hassle travelling to UP for the freshers and societies fair but I really wouldn't say the social life at Raleigh is drastically different. It's majority 1st years at Raleigh with second years getting houses in lenton or maybe going to Nottingham 2. Raleigh offer some really good discounts on rooms (300 pounds off) for returners but even then I only know one 2nd year at Raleigh.
Reply 11
i've got an offer at Raleigh Park - Madison Court. Anyone else too?? :biggrin:
Figured it would be good to bring everyone together seeing as some people have booked their rooms as well. I'm a first year at Raleigh so any questions about rooms or if you're still deciding whether to choose Raleigh pop them on here.

is block 6 of Sillitoe Court on the ground floor?
Reply 13
Original post by Peter784
is block 6 of Sillitoe Court on the ground floor?

Block 6 is a collection of flats (8 I believe) if you tell me which flat I can tell you. If you're female - looks like you're not - it's unlikely you'll be on the ground floor since they have a policy not to do that (although it's broken when they are pressed for space)
Block 6 is a collection of flats (8 I believe) if you tell me which flat I can tell you. If you're female - looks like you're not - it's unlikely you'll be on the ground floor since they have a policy not to do that (although it's broken when they are pressed for space)

I'm in 48C (Male)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Hi all, I have a few questions which i hope you can help me with, i was wondering:

What is the connection speed like in terms of upload/download?

Are there any wifi extenders within the buildings or do some flats get poor wifi signal?

How good is signal in the area/within the flats for Mobile Networks (im on 3)

Going to be in 48B hopefully!
Reply 16
Original post by Peter784
I'm in 48C (Male)

Top floor (C room is furthest from the flat door)

Original post by WanScott
Hi all, I have a few questions which i hope you can help me with, i was wondering:

What is the connection speed like in terms of upload/download?

Are there any wifi extenders within the buildings or do some flats get poor wifi signal?

How good is signal in the area/within the flats for Mobile Networks (im on 3)

Going to be in 48B hopefully!

I can't for the life of me give you specific numbers but it is decent and downloads/streams fine. It drops out from time to time for few seconds and you'll learn about the joys of clicking a link and it redirecting you to studentcom. There's a internet port thing by the desk which you can use for direct access.

Never had a problem with signal (o2)
Reply 17
I'm in Sillitoe court too, but block 1!
And second year students at Nottingham uni currently thinking of booking Raleigh park for next year ?
Reply 19
Original post by fefssdf
And second year students at Nottingham uni currently thinking of booking Raleigh park for next year ?

> may want to ring up and check if they still have spaces and if they do which block because away from sillitoe and Madison they're not great/as good. Accommodation applications opened up a while ago and it isn't guaranteed for second years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending