The Student Room Group

have i left revision to late for my GCSE 's?

i revised heavily forms mocks and ended up with 4 A*s and 6 A's but i haven't started revising fully until now although i revised for every end of topic test in school. Is it alright if I've started revision now?
It's never too late to revise. Since you have good mock and test grades shows that you know your subjects well! Better start now then
No not at all, as long as you stick do a rigid revision plan over easter you'll be fine. I hardly revised for my GCSEs due to exceptional circumstances, and still got all A's and A*s
Reply 3
Original post by hello12356
i revised heavily forms mocks and ended up with 4 A*s and 6 A's but i haven't started revising fully until now although i revised for every end of topic test in school. Is it alright if I've started revision now?

No, don't worry, it's not too late to start revising. Although don't see that as a sign you can put it off for a bit longer. As long as you are productive & revising quite a bit, then you should be fine. Good luck for your exams!
Reply 4
Original post by EmmaCx
No, don't worry, it's not too late to start revising. Although don't see that as a sign you can put it off for a bit longer. As long as you are productive & revising quite a bit, then you should be fine. Good luck for your exams!

Thanks a lot. Do you have gcse's as well?
Reply 5
Original post by imokatmaths
No not at all, as long as you stick do a rigid revision plan over easter you'll be fine. I hardly revised for my GCSEs due to exceptional circumstances, and still got all A's and A*s

When did you start revising?
Reply 6
Original post by Miss.Unknow
It's never too late to revise. Since you have good mock and test grades shows that you know your subjects well! Better start now then

Thanks will do
Reply 7
Original post by psc---maths
I myself achieved good grades in my mocks but haven't started revising so I suppose we're in the same boat. However, with all the talk that I've seen recently on TSR as well as in my own school as to whether we should be revising- I have four siblings older than me, all of whom have now progressed on to sixth form and 2 onto university. They all achieved very high grades- I think around 7-9 A*s each, after only achieving a few (3-5) A*s in the mocks like yourself, having only even started revising properly in the Easter holidays. (note- my family have all went to an average state school so it is not even as if it is because of the quality of teaching). As advice from them, I was told that so long as you start at Easter and have revised in a way that is both efficient in going over topics yet engaging and actually interests you, you are bound to beat your mock results, even if you scored very highly in mocks.

Thanks for the assurance as i go to a grammar school and all my friends started revising months ago which made me worried. Good Luck to you in your exams.
Reply 8
Original post by imokatmaths

When did you start Revision?
Reply 9

If you revised a lot for your mocks you should already have the majority of the information in the back of your mind, it's just a case of going over it now. You still have around 6 weeks left which is plenty of time to be reading over things and doing past papers :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by etudiebee
If you revised a lot for your mocks you should already have the majority of the information in the back of your mind, it's just a case of going over it now. You still have around 6 weeks left which is plenty of time to be reading over things and doing past papers :smile:

Thanks and Good luck for your GCSE's
Reply 11
Thanks and Good luck for your GCSE's

I did mine last year but thanks haha :tongue: Hope everything works out for you!

I got straight A*s in 9 out of 10 subjects, with the A being in English Language. I was going to start doing revision last Monday, however, I was (unfortunately) ill since last Monday until yesterday. By all means, your mock results do not mean that that is what you will get in the final exam. Over the Easter holidays, I am going to revise about 90% of all of the content, which will leave me well prepared for my first exam; giving me time to do complete the final 10% and badger out past papers. Most importantly, get rid of distractions.

Revising for your end of topics places you quite well, however, it depends on how rigorous that revision was. Some people start revision much earlier than now because they rarely revised for any end of topic tests (and mocks) and may be very weak in certain subjects that require them to do lots of revision (such as mathematics for some people). Start when you are ready. I am literally going to start after I post this!

Its fine and you sound like you have a lot less to do than most.
I don't think it's too late at all, especially with those good mock results! But you do need to start- there are just over 6 weeks until exams begin. In Easter, I'm planning on dedicating a day to revising each subject (I have 10 subjects so it works) as much as I can. I would recommend making a plan/to do list for each subject now, so you aren't caught out later.
no
not at all, I only started towards the end of Easter and got 6A*s 2As. In my mocks I got like 2As Bs and then Cs/Ds. Although I did work ridiculous hours (8-12 each day) and cut off any types of distractions (e.g. deleted snapchat and facebook off my phone until my last exam.)

Perfect time to start in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest