The Student Room Group

how often to apply facial moisturizer?

^^
I haven't worn make up years but after a lot less healthy eating than normally recently and with getting older my skin isnt spot free and is dryer than it used to be so am consciously making the effort to start a skin routine, so how often should I be using a moisturizer?
Skincare is a lot more complicated than you think when you first dive into it

Just using moisturiser won't help, you'll need to pair it with other products to help reduce acne/reduce redness/smooth out the skin

Moisturiser is something that you can apply in the morning after your shower/bath/whatever and again the evening before you go to bed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddicts/ - This subreddit will be a big help to you if you need questions answered by people that take this sort of stuff religiously

If you need help with a routine I can list mine and the products that I use.
Reply 2
The best time to apply moisturizer is immediately after a bath, shower or making contact with water in any way. Apply lotion all over your body every time you step out of the shower or bathtub.
Reply 3
The amount of people who have fallen for this is hilarious.
Original post by SneezeonmyFace
Skincare is a lot more complicated than you think when you first dive into it

Just using moisturiser won't help, you'll need to pair it with other products to help reduce acne/reduce redness/smooth out the skin

Moisturiser is something that you can apply in the morning after your shower/bath/whatever and again the evening before you go to bed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddicts/ - This subreddit will be a big help to you if you need questions answered by people that take this sort of stuff religiously

If you need help with a routine I can list mine and the products that I use.

I fortunately just have a couple of spots rather than full on acne and redness so want to put as minimal products on it as possible.
Original post by _Fergo
The amount of people who have fallen for this is hilarious.

Skincare is a serious matter, I was being entirely serious
Original post by stream26
The best time to apply moisturizer is immediately after a bath, shower or making contact with water in any way. Apply lotion all over your body every time you step out of the shower or bathtub.

I ve been using shea butter after showers, I ve been prone to excema recently so can't use anything too harsh on my skin
Best thing to do is visit boots. They will help you find the correct range for your skin. From budget to top shelf. No need to spend a fortune but it must be the right kind. Once you've got that sorted you can find which brand suits you through trial and error over time
Aldi have won top awards for their cuticura range. The most expensive bring just £6.99!
Get advice on the correct formula and start buying!
Good luck
Everyday
Just use a gentle moisturizer in the morning and evening. You can get night creams too but dont have to use them as I find a normal moisturizer does the same job.
In the morning before my makeup and in the night once I've taken my makeup off😊
I moisturize my face daily (I also don't wear makeup).
I moisturize my hands a few times a day, usually after I wash them, as I've always been prone to cold / dry hands.
The rest of my body, I moisturize most times after I shower though not all the time.
try and apply a moisturiser with spf. You don't need to a night but in the morning it is really good.
I usually apply moisturizer before putting makeup on & after washing it off.
seriously , whenever u wanna its ur life, ur choice...
Original post by Amazon_Lover
seriously , whenever u wanna its ur life, ur choice...

Obviously. I think she was more looking for skincare advice in general.
Reply 16
I use it night, after shaving, after washing my face and sometimes before going out if it's sunny but not enough for sunscreen since most moistures have some SPF which I can't remember but protection from the sun is crucial. Having a good face wash routine is good, it's all about getting into routines and habits, inconsistency can cause problems e.g if you use moisturisers regularly then suddenly stop, you're skin is gonna go extremely dry then extremely oily.

So use a day time SPF moisturiser after washing your face or before going out or if it just feels dry and use a night/any moisturiser before bed. Don't pay extra for a special night cream
I moisturise in the morning and in the evening, I have eczema so my skin can get really dry if I don't moisturise regularly.

Quick Reply

Latest