The Student Room Group

I think the question is misprinted on the FP2 PAPER?

Ihttp://crashmaths.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/FP2PPAMS.pdf

Q5 appears to calculate the region R as if it were bounded by the two curves. I think the mark scheme is wrong. I have attached my working below. If i am wrong could someone please point it out?

Thanks
Reply 1
IMG_1165.jpg
Reply 2
IMG_1166.jpg
Reply 3
It can't be the semi circle- area of the triangle because the little segments bordering the triangle are still included?
Reply 4
Original post by FHL123
It can't be the semi circle- area of the triangle because the little segments bordering the triangle are still included?

why has your working disappeared :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by the bear

I can see that you've got the same answer as the mark scheme and I can see what you've done. But I still don't understand why my working was wrong ?
Original post by FHL123
why has your working disappeared :frown:

my first attempt went wrong :teehee:
Original post by FHL123
I can see that you've got the same answer as the mark scheme and I can see what you've done. But I still don't understand why my working was wrong ?

you have worked out the white part of the top circle... you need to subtract from the whole of the top circle to leave you with the shaded bits.
Reply 9
Original post by the bear
you have worked out the white part of the top circle... you need to subtract from the whole of the top circle to leave you with the shaded bits.

I have done that? Ive worked out the area of the top circle to be 16pi and subtracted my integrated answer
Original post by FHL123
I have done that? Ive worked out the area of the top circle to be 16pi and subtracted my integrated answer

Surely its only 4pi as the radius is 2
Reply 11
Original post by Jamvicious
Surely its only 4pi as the radius is 2

I thought if I substitute pi/2 into r=4sinx it would give me the radius but as I write this I realise I have calculated the diameter 🙄😂 and that explains why my attempt was probably wrong
Reply 12
IMG_1167.jpg
Original post by FHL123
I thought if I substitute pi/2 into r=4sinx it would give me the radius but as I write this I realise I have calculated the diameter 🙄😂 and that explains why my attempt was probably wrong

This doesn't look right surely b should be 3? Have they factorised it wrong ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FHL123

This doesn't look right surely b should be 3? Have they factorised it wrong ?

Yes they have. @crashMATHS
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RDKGames
Yes they have. @crashMATHS

Whoops! Will get that fixed, thanks!
Reply 15
Original post by crashMATHS
Whoops! Will get that fixed, thanks!

Do you have the mark scheme for the corresponding FP2 Set C paper?
Original post by FHL123
Do you have the mark scheme for the corresponding FP2 Set C paper?

That has not been made yet I'm afraid

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest