Scroll to see replies

😭😭😭
Original post by Doonesbury
Still no idea who won.............

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isis beat Goldie by 6 lengths........

Original post by SteamboatMickey
😭😭😭

Cambridge never had a chance from the beginning today, tho.....
Original post by vincrows
Cambridge never had a chance from the beginning today, tho.....

I missed the start. I was having dinner and although we had the boat race on I could not see above the sofa
I missed the start. I was having dinner and although we had the boat race on I could not see above the sofa

Nothing special happened at start. Oxford was a stronger boat than Cambridge, that's all and as simple as that. Was quite clear from the beginning and was definitely looking like that before they reached Hammersmith. If you're in Middlesex side, you want to be leading, not following Surrey side boat close, unless you're much stronger than them which was not the case.
You'll understand what I mean if you check the course map. :wink:
On the bright side, Blondie won in the ladies reserves race, and Cambridge kind of slaughtered Oxford at the Henley Boat races

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
On the bright side, Blondie won in the ladies reserves race, and Cambridge kind of slaughtered Oxford at the Henley Boat races

Posted from TSR Mobile

:ahee:
Nothing special happened at start. Oxford was a stronger boat than Cambridge, that's all and as simple as that. Was quite clear from the beginning and was definitely looking like that before they reached Hammersmith. If you're in Middlesex side, you want to be leading, not following Surrey side boat close, unless you're much stronger than them which was not the case.
You'll understand what I mean if you check the course map. :wink:

Don't worry I checked the maps :lol:
Just wondering, has anyone had a wobble, then got their confidence back and then lost it again?? Feel like I've hit a brick wall this weekend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wondering, has anyone had a wobble, then got their confidence back and then lost it again?? Feel like I've hit a brick wall this weekend

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me! I feel like I have hit a brick wall too, and I was all confident before. :redface:
Me! I feel like I have hit a brick wall too, and I was all confident before. :redface:

Glad it's not just me, but all I've done this weekend is eat chocolate and watch the boat race 😂😂 that counts as uni research, right? I was confident like the day I got the offer, then I wasn't and it took me over 2 months to claw back enough confidence to firm Cambridge and now I have and it's all gone, and it feels like my motivation has gone too 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Glad it's not just me, but all I've done this weekend is eat chocolate and watch the boat race 😂😂 that counts as uni research, right? I was confident like the day I got the offer, then I wasn't and it took me over 2 months to claw back enough confidence to firm Cambridge and now I have and it's all gone, and it feels like my motivation has gone too 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Similiar story here! Since like Jan I haven't been confident at all, and been getting myself in a twist. Last week I got really confident, back to normal, As and A*s galore, and then I had a disability flare up and we got a surprise essay and my brain just went "no can't do this" and me being me I'm now panicking and losing my confidence :')
Similiar story here! Since like Jan I haven't been confident at all, and been getting myself in a twist. Last week I got really confident, back to normal, As and A*s galore, and then I had a disability flare up and we got a surprise essay and my brain just went "no can't do this" and me being me I'm now panicking and losing my confidence :')

I hadn't even managed to get an A or A* last week, in fact I think this wobble stems from the fact I dropped back from 76% to 71% in my chem test when I'd managed to get 76% pretty much every assessment since February started. And all because I was getting stressed and, rather than asking my chem teacher to postpone the end of topic test so we could do another revision and consolidation lesson because I wasn't sure I got it (it's just me in the class so we can do things like that) I just ploughed on and rushed the test. I'm panicking too, I have two lab book write ups due tomorrow for chemistry and I actually can't face doing them at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hadn't even managed to get an A or A* last week, in fact I think this wobble stems from the fact I dropped back from 76% to 71% in my chem test when I'd managed to get 76% pretty much every assessment since February started. And all because I was getting stressed and, rather than asking my chem teacher to postpone the end of topic test so we could do another revision and consolidation lesson because I wasn't sure I got it (it's just me in the class so we can do things like that) I just ploughed on and rushed the test. I'm panicking too, I have two lab book write ups due tomorrow for chemistry and I actually can't face doing them at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was meant to do the essay for homework but I haven't and I'm just going to explain why if they ask lol. I'll get round to doing it when I feel better! I think we just need to rest our brains too.
I've actually feel like i've got slightly worse/stayed the same grades wise since getting an offer- confidence has gone downhill too so you're not alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Similiar story here! Since like Jan I haven't been confident at all, and been getting myself in a twist. Last week I got really confident, back to normal, As and A*s galore, and then I had a disability flare up and we got a surprise essay and my brain just went "no can't do this" and me being me I'm now panicking and losing my confidence :':wink:
Reply 2096
Isis beat Goldie by 6 lengths........

Yes I heard they lost :frown: but I think it was closer to 3 lengths?

Maybe they need more shredded wheat next year...
I really wish we were under the old system

I'd love some UMS marks 'in the bank' :redface:
Original post by Doonesbury
Yes I heard they lost :frown: but I think it was closer to 3 lengths?

Maybe they need more shredded wheat next year...

They were pretty rubbish, tbh. Still, we can't win every year, can we?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Reality Check
They were pretty rubbish, tbh. Still, we can't win every year, can we?

No we can't.
But would be really nice if we can win slightly more frequently........
Still can't remember why we managed to win last year, actually. Maybe what we need is very choppy water every time ...... or an overly-agressive cox in the other boat who'd risk getting their blade broken. :tongue:
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest