The Student Room Group

Customer Service Consultant -HMRC (044R)

Scroll to see replies

My DBS check is still on the checking police computer records on the DBS site. This is the final stage of my checks. I really need a formal offer this week as come the middle of May my current job wants to change my rota again and it's a crap rota. I feel like my morale in my current job is so low. I need out. Any idea how long the police computer part will last?
Original post by Tommyboy247
My DBS check is still on the checking police computer records on the DBS site. This is the final stage of my checks. I really need a formal offer this week as come the middle of May my current job wants to change my rota again and it's a crap rota. I feel like my morale in my current job is so low. I need out. Any idea how long the police computer part will last?

You need to email them and tell them your concerns. I did and had an offer in less than 24 hours. Keep your chin up
Has anyone just had an email?
Reply 923
Original post by LizC1991

Aye, I imagine this daisy-chain of "we hope to get back to you..." will continue for the next few weeks at this point
Original post by LizC1991

What email?
Thank you for your continued patience since our last email.

We had hoped to be in a position to update you this week. However we are very sorry but we are still working on providing you with an update.

We now anticipate that this will be by the end of this week (7th April).

Please do accept our sincere apologies for the delay and we hope to update you shortly.

Beyond a joke now really :frown:
Original post by chris4242
Thank you for your continued patience since our last email.

We had hoped to be in a position to update you this week. However we are very sorry but we are still working on providing you with an update.

We now anticipate that this will be by the end of this week (7th April).

Please do accept our sincere apologies for the delay and we hope to update you shortly.

Beyond a joke now really :frown:

Have u recieved a provisional offer?
Original post by Nas08
Have u recieved a provisional offer?

No. I don't even know if I'm on the reserve list or anything. At this point all I know is I have passed the interview stage.
Reply 928
Original post by chris4242
No. I don't even know if I'm on the reserve list or anything. At this point all I know is I have passed the interview stage.

At this point, I've made peace with the fact that we're essentially on the reserve list, but we may receive offers if others drop out at the provisional stage. Once they've given enough offers, we'll then just be told we're on reserve
Original post by Steve8
At this point, I've made peace with the fact that we're essentially on the reserve list, but we may receive offers if others drop out at the provisional stage. Once they've given enough offers, we'll then just be told we're on reserve

Yeah, that's how I'm approaching it now.

Be nice if they would just tell us that though rather than weekly apologies.
just got an email telling me they received my acceptance of the formal offer :smile:
3 weeks till I start
hi so received this after sending a push email thursday.im guessing iv passed my pec checks then.i emailed them asking about formal offer ect

Hi Anisa,

Unfortunately we are unable to advise you of this as we only deal with your pre employment checks. HMRC will be in contact with you to let you know of a start date.

Kind Regards,

HMRC Resourcing Support Team
I have phoned the relevant department at Manpower to explain I've not been happy with the length of time the ID check took before being taken to the next stage of DBS with the police computer check stage. They have taken my complaint on board and said as soon as my DBS certification is sent to them then they will have a complete file for sending to Hmrc to give me an offer.
Original post by Tommyboy247
I have phoned the relevant department at Manpower to explain I've not been happy with the length of time the ID check took before being taken to the next stage of DBS with the police computer check stage. They have taken my complaint on board and said as soon as my DBS certification is sent to them then they will have a complete file for sending to Hmrc to give me an offer.

Told you! Good on you! 😊
Does anyone know of anyone getting an offer for the triad in bootle? Still have not received a provisional offer.
Original post by Ladynevertells
Told you! Good on you! 😊

Thanks but the people at Manpower can't speed up the DBS police computer checks. They can take up to two weeks. I don't know how some people had their DBS back so quickly? My hold up to get it to the stage it is at is due to either Manpower or Acps (neither taking the blame) over my ID being verified. Acps saying that when I filled the form out on their site they sent a verification to Manpower and they said they never got it. I feel Manpower lied but can't prove it
Sent them an email on Thursday last week asking for an update. They told me my file was being sent for final checks but still not heard anything. The wait is painful!
HMRC have just called me regarding my formal offer, they said they sent an email to me on Friday regarding it (I haven't received an email) so hopefully I'll receive the email with my start date soon! Keep faith guys!!
I had a formal offer last Tuesday which I accepted and I then had a further email a couple days later which provided details of where to report to on my first day etc. So today they have called me to see if my start date is suitable? Seems a bit pointless since I have accepted already!
Original post by Okiedokes
I had a formal offer last Tuesday which I accepted and I then had a further email a couple days later which provided details of where to report to on my first day etc. So today they have called me to see if my start date is suitable? Seems a bit pointless since I have accepted already!

They've called me asking if mines suitable but I've not even received a formal offer yet so I'm so confused

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending