The Student Room Group

Probation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aza280
Have you found anything about the course itself? Modules, day to day work, hours and such? I can't seem to find any info on that stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really, the last email I received said that there's the option of doing a placement in a prison or an approved premises. I can't really find anything either.
Reply 21
Does anybody have knowledge of someone being accepted on the gateway assessment for their degree modules who studied a criminology and psychology degree? Thanks :smile:
Reply 22
Hello :smile: are you having your fourth module funded by noms? I have 3/4 and have to do the rehab module aswell and was wondering if noms fund the module for everyone or if you have to meet criteria, have you started the module yet? I'm excited to start it! Will be interesting to study through distance learning!

Original post by Lozzie112233
I applied in October, I had to pay £75 just to have my degree modules checked, luckily I had three of the four. I studied criminology, for some reason we didn't do a rehabilitation module so that is the one I will be doing alongside it. I volunteered with circles east for 3 years prior, I really recommend doing some voluntary work in the field. Drug addiction is another good area to gain experience.

The online assessments weren't bad, the assessment day itself was nerve racking, I was convinced I tanked the interview part but apparently not. The group exercise was actually really fun, I got there and started the conversation off, wanted to show them that I can take the lead.
Original post by EP94
Hello :smile: are you having your fourth module funded by noms? I have 3/4 and have to do the rehab module aswell and was wondering if noms fund the module for everyone or if you have to meet criteria, have you started the module yet? I'm excited to start it! Will be interesting to study through distance learning!

Hi, yes they fund it, it says that I will start after I have been in post for a few months. I'm doing some reading now though while I'm not busy.
Reply 24
That's good :smile: that's what I will be doing closer to the time! Do you have any advice for the assessment processes at all please

Hi, yes they fund it, it says that I will start after I have been in post for a few months. I'm doing some reading now though while I'm not busy.
Hello, I have just been offered a place to begin training in May, so I have just been through all of the steps to get here. What would you like to know?

How is the job role going? How are you finding the PQiP? Is it challenging? Hope all is well.

Please could you tell me in more detail what happens on the assessment day. What’s the interview like and the written exam? Any tips??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending