The Student Room Group

9-1 maths and English

Is anyone willing to compare their results from people in their school (yr11) to people in my school (yr11) for the new GCSE maths and English so we have an idea about how we are doing
The highest in the school was achieved by me (trying not to brag). The score I got, out of 240, was 207, and it was 86.3% (86.25% to accurate). This is was a grade 8. My school did not have any grade boundaries for grade 9 yet. They decided it was best to keep it out of the mocks as we are the first years to do.
Original post by rickH123
The highest in the school was achieved by me (trying not to brag). The score I got, out of 240, was 207, and it was 86.3% (86.25% to accurate). This is was a grade 8. My school did not have any grade boundaries for grade 9 yet. They decided it was best to keep it out of the mocks as we are the first years to do.

so i am in the top set for both of these subjects. currently all of us are achieving grade 6's and above with an average of most people on a 7. this is roughly the same for English aswell. how are your school doing?:smile:
English grades are the worst in my school.
Anyone ever gets grade 7. About 1 or 2 people in our year get a 7. No one has got an 8. Common is 5's and 6's.
In my January mocks for Maths (first actual 9-1 papers that I sat), I got 221/240 (in subsequent mocks, I've got 230+) Most people average(d) around 120-140.

In English, I got 135/160 for Lit, and 122/160 for Lang. I'm not quite sure what other people got.
Well that's made me stressed. Our school is doing well in English but not so good maths. I would say in our mock s most people got a level 5 or 6 in English.
In maths only people in set one did well (getting over 130 marks) everyone else in the year got below 80/240 scoring only a level 4 :frown:
Original post by rickH123

Omg well done! That's amazing
Original post by 123456help123456
Well that's made me stressed. Our school is doing well in English but not so good maths. I would say in our mock s most people got a level 5 or 6 in English.
In maths only people in set one did well (getting over 130 marks) everyone else in the year got below 80/240 scoring only a level 4 :frown:

dont get stressed, we are all going through this together! i understand how you feel about your year not doing so well but all you should be worrying about is the grades you are getting :smile:
Reply 8
Yes, what would you specifically like to know. I am currently in yr11 and doing the 9-1 in english and maths
Reply 9
Our school is failing literature:biggrin: English language everyone is doing well (except me obviously i hate english) and in maths we're doing averagely, getting grade 6s mainly
Reply 10
We have done 2 sets of mocks. 1st set of mocks in maths about 70% of the year group got a 0 and the highest grade was an 8. 1st set on English mocks lowest grade was 3 and highest was a 7. However in the 2nd set of mocks only 30% got a 0 in maths and the highest grade was a 9 as one girl and 2 boys got 239-238 /240. In English more people passed with the lowest grade being a 5 and highest being a 8
Original post by myapure
We have done 2 sets of mocks. 1st set of mocks in maths about 70% of the year group got a 0 and the highest grade was an 8. 1st set on English mocks lowest grade was 3 and highest was a 7. However in the 2nd set of mocks only 30% got a 0 in maths and the highest grade was a 9 as one girl and 2 boys got 239-238 /240. In English more people passed with the lowest grade being a 5 and highest being a 8

What mark did a student have to get to achieve a "zero", in your school?
Reply 12
Original post by _gcx
What mark did a student have to get to achieve a "zero", in your school?

In maths higher it was 42 marks or less out of 240
everyone in our school sucks at english lit and lang. some people somehow got -1???? the average is 4 or 5.

as for maths, the results are really random. the top set got an avg of 7/8, but the set right under got 1/2, and the set under THAT got 6/7. clearly a show of effort in classes.

Quick Reply

Latest