The Student Room Group

Technical theatre / stage management (2017 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have received an offer from Bristol Old Vic and an offer from Guildhall.
Any opinions on which I should take?
I'm leaning more towards Bristol and I have been since I received the offer, but I just wanted to hear other people's opinions and weigh up my options ☺️
Original post by wooll3y
I have received an offer from Bristol Old Vic and an offer from Guildhall.
Any opinions on which I should take?
I'm leaning more towards Bristol and I have been since I received the offer, but I just wanted to hear other people's opinions and weigh up my options ☺️

I think that only you can make that decision and idk about Guildhall cos I didn't interview there. Maybe try to look at each school and see how well it offers what you're looking for?
If you accept Bristol pls let me know cos I'm starting to look at accommodation & I don't want to live somewhere without theatre people 😅
Reply 42
Original post by ELLESAPPELLE
I think that only you can make that decision and idk about Guildhall cos I didn't interview there. Maybe try to look at each school and see how well it offers what you're looking for?
If you accept Bristol pls let me know cos I'm starting to look at accommodation & I don't want to live somewhere without theatre people 😅

I have accepted the offer from Bristol! ☺️
I feel it is more suited to me and I really like the atmosphere.
Have you been looking at accommodation?
When I first got my offer I did but I couldn't find anything that I really liked. However, I guess you can't be too picky otherwise you'll never find anything 😂
Original post by wooll3y
I have accepted the offer from Bristol! ☺️
I feel it is more suited to me and I really like the atmosphere.
Have you been looking at accommodation?
When I first got my offer I did but I couldn't find anything that I really liked. However, I guess you can't be too picky otherwise you'll never find anything 😂

Yay that's so awesome! 😄
I haven't really looked so far cos I wanted to find people first but I'm gonna make a start soon. Apparently a Facebook group will be set up in the summer as they're still interviewing atm.
I'm still in the process of accepting the offer. Did you have to post the original copies of certificates e.g. GCSEs or were they happy with printed photocopies? I originally sent scanned versions but they then asked for posted hard-copies, but I'm a bit reluctant about sending the originals as they are very precious.
Thanks & can't wait to meet you in September! ☺️
Reply 44
Yay that's so awesome! 😄
I haven't really looked so far cos I wanted to find people first but I'm gonna make a start soon. Apparently a Facebook group will be set up in the summer as they're still interviewing atm.
I'm still in the process of accepting the offer. Did you have to post the original copies of certificates e.g. GCSEs or were they happy with printed photocopies? I originally sent scanned versions but they then asked for posted hard-copies, but I'm a bit reluctant about sending the originals as they are very precious.
Thanks & can't wait to meet you in September! ☺️

Oh right that's cool and I haven't finished filling out the paperwork yet. It does say a photocopy though 😕 I know what you mean, I wouldn't want to post mine either.
I can't wait to meet you
Reply 45
I got an offer from LAMDA last Monday after being placed on the shortlist :smile:
Original post by wooll3y
I got an offer from LAMDA last Monday after being placed on the shortlist :smile:

Congrats Wooll3y!
Are you gonna take it though........?
I'm also on the LAMDA shortlist but am still waiting to hear (but I'm pretty much confirmed at Bristol now so it's just more that I'm curious about LAMDA rather than actually looking to go there lol)
Might delay emailing LAMDA then if they're starting to respond to shortlists 😊
Reply 47
Congrats Wooll3y!
Are you gonna take it though........?
I'm also on the LAMDA shortlist but am still waiting to hear (but I'm pretty much confirmed at Bristol now so it's just more that I'm curious about LAMDA rather than actually looking to go there lol)
Might delay emailing LAMDA then if they're starting to respond to shortlists 😊

No I am not going to take it because my interview experience was horrible. However, it is such a compliment to receive an offer from them.
Yeah, the man who called me said they were taking their time to review the shortlist, so you might hear from them soon. :smile:
Original post by hatoum44
No, just holding letter. seriously thinking of phoning them as waiting is worrying :frown:

Original post by chesher123
similar to Jazzy.J's post.... has anyone been accepted by RADA for technical theatre? would be good to start up a facebook chat soon!!

I've been accepted by RADA I found out yesterday when Neil phoned me. I'm so happy because I'd been flat out rejected by LAMDA and rejected by Guildhall.

Just be patient, the wait is agonising but I don't think pestering them will do you any favours. However if you get a phone call from RADA if your heart is set in going there let them know. When I was phoned Neil was very pleased at how keen I sounded at being offered a place.

Hope this helps <3
Has anyone else heard back from Guildhall about the Technical Theatre pathway course yet?
Original post by TimTheTech
Has anyone else heard back from Guildhall about the Technical Theatre pathway course yet?

I heard back from them two months ago but I was a rejection
Reply 51
Original post by TimTheTech

Yes, i heard back quite a while ago now and got accepted. However, I'm going to Bristol Old Vic.
Have you still not heard from them?
Reply 52
Original post by TheHasBeen
I've been accepted by RADA I found out yesterday when Neil phoned me. I'm so happy because I'd been flat out rejected by LAMDA and rejected by Guildhall.

Just be patient, the wait is agonising but I don't think pestering them will do you any favours. However if you get a phone call from RADA if your heart is set in going there let them know. When I was phoned Neil was very pleased at how keen I sounded at being offered a place.

Hope this helps <3

Original post by TheHasBeen

Hope this helps <3

I got accepted to RADA too! It would be really nice to get your contact details! Accommodation is going to be tricky this late but I was thinking of contacting RADA on Monday to see if they can put me in contact with the others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending