The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Barts and The London School of Dentistry- QMUL 2017 Entry Dental Offer Holders

Feel free to ask away any questions that you may have and spark a discussion.

I currently hold an unconditional offer to study dentistry at Barts and I have firmed it. So it is the dental school I shall be going to.

Fyi- Barts offer open day is on Tue 11th April 2017, where you can bring 2 guests.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What GCSE's did you get? A level predicted grades? UKAT score? Work experience?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by 42915
What GCSE's did you get? A level predicted grades? UKAT score? Work experience?

Im on a gap year so all my grades are achieved.
GCSE- 2A* 9A 2B
Alevel-A*AA
UKCAT-710

WorkExp- 3Weeks GDP
(edited 7 years ago)
Congratulations on the offer! I'm a bit worried from my GCSEs - 5a*2a3b2c, do I stand a chance for applying this october?
Thanks
Original post by Revisionguide101
Congratulations on the offer! I'm a bit worried from my GCSEs - 5a*2a3b2c, do I stand a chance for applying this october?
Thanks

yes youre good
Original post by Sniperdon227
yes youre good

Thanks :smile: , any tips and advice before i apply (anything to do to add on personal statement)
Original post by Revisionguide101
Thanks :smile: , any tips and advice before i apply (anything to do to add on personal statement)

look at the 4 unis website and look at what they are looking for in a dental student, you need to incorporate all these things e.g Teamwork, leadership, empathy, stress mech, manual dex, why dent (be different however, honest) etc...
look at the 4 unis website and look at what they are looking for in a dental student, you need to incorporate all these things e.g Teamwork, leadership, empathy, stress mech, manual dex, why dent (be different however, honest) etc...

Thank you :smile:
first off, congratulations! im sure you worked hard!
do you have any interview/ ukcat tips, please?
Original post by rameow
first off, congratulations! im sure you worked hard!
do you have any interview/ ukcat tips, please?

Im crap at interviews first of all, but somehow I got through them, I was using the Multiple Mini Interviews book to learn some dental interview questions and then practiced them in front of a mirror till I felt confident answering them.

Ukcat: spend 2-3 hard weeks on it and try to book it in August or September so you can have time for your PS
firstly start off with books to get used to it and so you dont waste practice questions on the following two websites. Ukcat ninja and medify.
Im crap at interviews first of all, but somehow I got through them, I was using the Multiple Mini Interviews book to learn some dental interview questions and then practiced them in front of a mirror till I felt confident answering them.

Ukcat: spend 2-3 hard weeks on it and try to book it in August or September so you can have time for your PS
firstly start off with books to get used to it and so you dont waste practice questions on the following two websites. Ukcat ninja and medify.

thank you so so so much!!! is the maths dificult or is it a matter of timing?
Original post by rameow
thank you so so so much!!! is the maths dificult or is it a matter of timing?

the ukcat is a matter of maximising the amount of questions you get correct, my maths was hard, skipped a few, then those hard questions became the past, I had easy ones towards the end e.g percentages, pie charts, currency comversions etc.. then guess the rest in an educated manner if time or just simply guess if no time at all, i somehow got 800+ in the maths section even though i skipped a lot of hard ones! and then clicked the same letter for all the missed questions
(edited 7 years ago)
Hallo, also have a place at barts. You know if there is a group chat? FAAACEBOOK OR WHATSAPP???
Original post by FillinMaself
Hallo, also have a place at barts. You know if there is a group chat? FAAACEBOOK OR WHATSAPP???

they mentioned one at the open day but i forgot what it is now, it was a fb page/group thats all i can remember
Hoping to firm Barts too! I thought there was a whatsapp group too? If you're on it, could you please send me then link?
hi there i have a UCAS prediction grade of AAB do u think i still got a chance?
What subjects did you do and why do you think you were able to get an unconditional offer??

Thanks
Feel free to ask away any questions that you may have and spark a discussion.

I currently hold an unconditional offer to study dentistry at Barts and I have firmed it. So it is the dental school I shall be going to.

Fyi- Barts offer open day is on Tue 11th April 2017, where you can bring 2 guests.

HELLO everyone!

FACE-BOOK PAGE SEARCH: HOW TO GET INTO DENTISTRY
This page has been put together by TWO RECENTLY QUALIFIED DENTISTS (GRADUATING THIS YEAR 2017) with the aim of giving you top tips on what it takes to get into dental school. From personal statement advice, to interviews and the pesky UKCAT we've got it covered. We'll also be giving you an insight into life IN AND AFTER the dental school and everything else dentistry has to offer!

There is also an opportunity for you guys to ask specific questions and we will get back to you asap. Drop by and say hello and give us a like!
GOOD LUCK XX
Original post by iamthestudent
What subjects did you do and why do you think you were able to get an unconditional offer??

HELLO everyone! Hows it all going?

FACE-BOOK PAGE SEARCH: HOW TO GET INTO DENTISTRY
This page has been put together by TWO RECENTLY QUALIFIED DENTISTS (GRADUATING THIS YEAR 2017) with the aim of giving you top tips on what it takes to get into dental school. From personal statement advice, to interviews and the pesky UKCAT we've got it covered. We'll also be giving you an insight into life IN AND AFTER the dental school and everything else dentistry has to offer!

There is also an opportunity for you guys to ask specific questions and we will get back to you asap. Drop by and say hello and give us a like! :smile:
GOOD LUCK XX
Reply 19
Thank you for setting up this chat! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending