The Student Room Group

C2 Maths

I just did a C2 Maths paper and flopped, got a low 50 I guess it is not that bad however the other times I did it I got 60`s. My exam is in 1 month and 20 days. Is it okay to flop a paper does that mean that I need to go back and redo the question on the topics I flopped. Also I guess I had forgotten the techniques for that question. and when should I redo the paper?
thanks
Original post by A-level04
I just did a C2 Maths paper and flopped, got a low 50 I guess it is not that bad however the other times I did it I got 60`s. My exam is in 1 month and 20 days. Is it okay to flop a paper does that mean that I need to go back and redo the question on the topics I flopped. Also I guess I had forgotten the techniques for that question. and when should I redo the paper?
thanks

Review it immediately. Sit the paper again under exam conditions and see if you perform any differently. Then use the results of this to shape your learning.

50s and 60s to me suggest that you have the knowledge and the potential (as opposed to someone in my class who got 1 mark, and another who got 8 marks, both were kicked out) but oh need more practice on difficult questions as well as brushing up on a few topics. That's not a problem, you have the time and just need to put in the work to practice *every topic* from the textbook and the difficult questions and then you'll be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
Review it immediately. Sit the paper again under exam conditions and see if you perform any differently. Then use the results of this to shape your learning.

50s and 60s to me suggest that you have the knowledge and the potential (as opposed to someone in my class who got 1 mark, and another who got 8 marks, both were kicked out) but oh need more practice on difficult questions as well as brushing up on a few topics. That's not a problem, you have the time and just need to put in the work to practice *every topic* from the textbook and the difficult questions and then you'll be fine.

Thank you!! Shall I do the questions on the topics which don't do so well in or all of them? Also exam solutions have all the exam questions for that topic that (I didnt do so well in first time)so shall I do those after or before doing it the second time.
Original post by A-level04
Thank you!! Shall I do the questions on the topics which don't do so well in or all of them? Also exam solutions have all the exam questions for that topic that (I didnt do so well in first time)so shall I do those after or before doing it the second time.

Do the topics you need to before.

It's always worth practicing difficult questions on each topic.
Reply 4
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
Do the topics you need to before.

It's always worth practicing difficult questions on each topic.

Thank you!!!!
50% or 50/72?
Reply 6
Original post by Bulletzone
50% or 50/72?

51/75

Quick Reply

Latest